X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irish_2003
    Vet
    • Oct 2011

Stepson qualified state powerlifting

My stepson had his first powerlifting meet just 3 weeks after football playoffs and qualified for state...he moved up to 242 class raw non equipped...weighed in at 230.2...1355 total...510 squat, 315 bench, 530 deadlift...oh he's a sophomore and doesn't turn 16 til march...
  • MindlessWork
    • Aug 2011

Nice stats for nearly 16...well done and he's off to a very good start no doubt!

Lol what you been putting in his cereal???
    “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• irish_2003
      Vet
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MindlessWork
      Nice stats for nearly 16...well done and he's off to a very good start no doubt!

Lol what you been putting in his cereal???
      Creatine, ginger root, and protein powder is all we allow...he's taking some physiology and nutrition classes so he's on top of things...usapl sanctions the meets so the athletes get tested...

Comment

• MindlessWork
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by irish_2003
        Creatine, ginger root, and protein powder is all we allow...he's taking some physiology and nutrition classes so he's on top of things...usapl sanctions the meets so the athletes get tested...
        That's good sensible supps for an active teenager. You done well!

Bet he'll break 1700 total by time he turns 18.
        “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• irish_2003
          Vet
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MindlessWork
          That's good sensible supps for an active teenager. You done well!

Bet he'll break 1700 total by time he turns 18.
          Hopefully it helps him get a D1 football scholarship to Florida

Comment

• MindlessWork
            • Aug 2011

Hopefully it helps him get a D1 football scholarship to Florida
            That would be quite awesome no doubt. He should be quite the presence on the field.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Good luck to your son, he looks like he has a bright future in the sport.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• irish_2003
                Vet
                • Oct 2011

Comment

• wallyd
                  VET
                  • Aug 2015

That’s awesome & at that age he’s killing it! He had some left in the tank on that bench & deadlift.

Comment

• rocco-x
                    Vet
                    • Feb 2009

He's got a great foundation and a great head start, kudos on watching his supplement intake. Those classes are primers for a strong, solid lifting career.

Comment

• Acreed1
                      Vet
                      • Nov 2014

Congratulations!!!
                      "No Joe, you next Joe, you next Joe!"
                      "Creed in 3, Creed in 3"

Comment

• Tiny
                        VET
                        • Jan 2024

That’s awesome for a kids first meet. I imagine he’s stoked.

What position does he play in football? My boy is still in youth football. Playing defensive tackle, but he needs to put on some mass. He just worked out with me for the first time last week. Was an awesome experience. I hope he sticks with it, but my son has adhd and loses focus on things quickly. A very short attention span, before he moves onto something else.

Keep us posted on his progress. It’s great seeing your/our kids doing big things.

Comment

• irish_2003
                          Vet
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Tiny
                          That’s awesome for a kids first meet. I imagine he’s stoked.

What position does he play in football? My boy is still in youth football. Playing defensive tackle, but he needs to put on some mass. He just worked out with me for the first time last week. Was an awesome experience. I hope he sticks with it, but my son has adhd and loses focus on things quickly. A very short attention span, before he moves onto something else.

Keep us posted on his progress. It’s great seeing your/our kids doing big things.

First meet of season...he started last season with goal of strongest on the team...he ended up 2nd amongst freshman at Nationals by 5lbs. He said he wanted to p.r. is why he didn't go for another 5lbs on deadlift that day even though he made all his lifts and would've won all tiebreakers.. next invitational is in a couple weeks...he has a couple Team Titan a female I think in addition to his high school coaching him at school and a performance gym here in Milwaukee suburbs

Defensive Tackle 5'11' 235...he's already gaining interest...you can check his twitter for game film...he took on double and triple teams most are D1 prospects on nearly every play

Comment

• BigTex
                            VET
                            • Aug 2023

My stepson had his first powerlifting meet just 3 weeks after football playoffs and qualified for state...he moved up to 242 class raw non equipped...weighed in at 230.2...1355 total...510 squat, 315 bench, 530 deadlift...oh he's a sophomore and doesn't turn 16 til march...
                            Congratulations!

Comment

• Roc
                              VET
                              • Apr 2020

Congrats to him

Comment

Working...