Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Number-LL
    What do you guys do to stretch your hamstrings? The one where you elevate your leg in front of you and bend toward your foot?
    That will work, but you know what seems to be the most effective? Stretching the hams while applying contracting pressure with them too. Sit against a wall with your ass as close to the wall as possible and your legs out straight in front of you. Hold one leg a few inches off the floor and drive the opposite heel down into the floor for 15 seconds using the hamstring to do the work. Alternate legs and do 4 on each side for 15 seconds each.

The nice thing about this is that in addition to stretching the hams, it seems to strengthen the alignments between them and the lower back muscles and make everything stronger.

Comment

• Number-LL
      Vet
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Darkness
      That will work, but you know what seems to be the most effective? Stretching the hams while applying contracting pressure with them too. Sit against a wall with your ass as close to the wall as possible and your legs out straight in front of you. Hold one leg a few inches off the floor and drive the opposite heel down into the floor for 15 seconds using the hamstring to do the work. Alternate legs and do 4 on each side for 15 seconds each.

The nice thing about this is that in addition to stretching the hams, it seems to strengthen the alignments between them and the lower back muscles and make everything stronger.
      Will have to give that a try. Thanks!
      I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• John Benz
        Vet
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darkness

I've done that on and off for several years.

I'm glad to hear you're making improvements and that you were fortunate enough to find a powerlifter with that level of knowledge to guide you through the recovery process. Good luck my friend.

BTW...this update was far from useless!

Comment

Working...