X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigSickD
    Vet
    • May 2004

If you need a quick personal training cert

I just had to get certified, I use to be years ago thru ISSA, but I never renewed it. I now am going to start training at a local gym and I am paying them a monthly rent, I need to be certified and have insurance for them allow me to train clients there. Instead of spending $600 to get recertified by ISSA, I just did it online for $50, took me 30mins, no shit, you join, pay 50bucks and then they give you an online book to study, I just went straight ahead and took the test without looking at the book tonight and got a 92%, I missed some of the damn first aid questions and other shit I couldn't remember that I will never use anyways. It works for the gyms and also for insurance. Now I have my piece of paper so I can train clients...LOL I wouldn't suggest this if you are trying to get a training job at a gym, but if you train independently like me, then it is all you need..
    check it out, www.expertrating.com
    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.
  • IRON37

Ive been considering training for the last few years..but Im about to HAVE to do it if I dont find a job soon. What certs would you suggest? Or I guess more importantly whats most widely accepted

Comment

• BigSickD
      Vet
      • May 2004

Originally posted by IRON37
      Ive been considering training for the last few years..but Im about to HAVE to do it if I dont find a job soon. What certs would you suggest? Or I guess more importantly whats most widely accepted
      You are in the same spot I am. I had my own training business for years then got out of it and now that I need the $ I am back at doing it. Don't get me wrong, I like training people but I got burned out and all the gyms here only wanted in house training and not outside private trainers, but a new gym opened that I can use. ISSA is a good cert but there are alot out there. As for me, my clients don't care if I am certified or not, everyone here knows that I know my shit, I just had to get a actual certification to get training insurance, www.sportsfitness.com which cost me $205 for a year. Basically, $255 to get myself going. I charge between $50-75 a session, usually an hour but sometimes it may go over.
      BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• IxxTapouTxxI
        VET
        • Dec 2003

You're the man BSD thanks for sharing!!!
        If you always do what you've always done,
        You'll always get what you've always got!!

Disclaimer: IxxTapouTxxI neither promotes nor demotes the use of steroids. The information I share here is for educational and entertainment purposes only.

Vet @ Anabolic-Enhancement.com
        Vet @ United-Muscle.com
        Vet @ WorldClassBodybuilding.com

Comment

Working...