X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Number-LL
    Vet
    • Jan 2012

Proud Dad Here

I'll apologize in advance for gushing about my son.

My son will be 12 in January. A few years ago he was diagnosed with Asperger's and ADHD on top of it. He is a great kid but has always had a problem socializing and has failed at all sports. He just isn't the sportsman type and can't concentrate long enough to really learn it. He does great in school and like most Asperger kids gets obsessed with something. His thing is video games. He will play 16 hours a day if you let him. We needed him to do something else to stimulate him or he might turn into a recluse.

Anyway, a non-profit company called The Crider Institute started working with him and teaching him how to deal with social situations. He has come a long way.

Last year a company called Childbloom came to his school and offered classical guitar lessons. He instantly became the star student. After a year, he is already moving into the highest level of the program. He takes lessons at the local studio and just finished his first recital in front of 200+ people. At the next recital he will be playing Bach arrangements for guitar. I have an electric guitar I play a little and he likes to mess with that too. I seems like as soon as he started playing guitar he completely changed. He is confident and ready to kick some ass.

With some help from His Darkness he will be getting a very, very nice Christmas present.

All solid cedar and rosewood. This is the level of guitar students in a college program use. I can't post the video for his recital because the music is copyrighted but it was incredible for a 11 year old with 1 year of lessons.

Thank you for reading and a special thanks to Darkness.

BTW, when he turns 12 my gym will let him take a training class and then he can work out with me. He says he wants to get stronger and gain weight. Brings a little tear to my eyes.
    I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

hey thank you LL that was the best deal I have ever received on goodies. The Padre is very happy too

It is always great to watch your kids find that one thing they love to do, that allows them to express themselves, which to me is really what this kind of thing is all about. My kids all do it in different ways.

Comment

• Number-LL
      Vet
      • Jan 2012

Maybe someday I can post a picture of him playing his guitar and he will look something like Henry Rollins.

"I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred
      pounds."

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Dude that is AWESOME!

Comment

• mrhtbd

Always had a lot of respect for someone who could develop skill in one passion. Two hundred people is a respectable audience. Congrats

Comment

• MR. BMJ
            • Apr 2006

Best post i've read in a long time, thanks for sharing.....we don't see enough of these on the boards imo. Sounds like you really have a great kid there....happy wishes for a great future NLL!

Comment

• Jumperz
              Vet
              • Sep 2011

Padre darkness! Your a good godfather. That's good number all the best to him!

Comment

• John Benz
                Vet
                • Jan 2004

Thanks for sharing that NLL! It's great to here how a parent's dedication can make that much difference. I look forward to hearing about his progress, and never apologize for gushing. Most of us here are proud dads as well.

Comment

• BikerTrash
                  Vet
                  • Aug 2011

Proud dads we all are indeed.
                  Excellent post LL......thanks for shareing..

Comment

• ozzy69
                    Assistant Admin
                    • Jun 2011

Excellent to hear....

Comment

• Number-LL
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2012

Thanks guys. He has two little sisters too that have to deal with the Asperger's. I think they are stronger because of it. They are my sportswomen. Volleyball and soccer.

Comment

• Glycomann

that;s great LL.. what does Darkness have to do with this?

Comment

• DADAWG
                          Vet
                          • May 2004

congrats on your sons success.
                          NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

• Number-LL
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Glycomann
                            that;s great LL.. what does Darkness have to do with this?
                            I had a closet sale and he cleaned me out.

Comment

• stunner69
                              VET
                              • Sep 2007

Very nice!
                              Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

All it takes, is all you got.

R.I.P IT

Comment

Working...