X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meo
    VET
    • Nov 2018

basic preparedness

reviving a thread from TSC , right now it looks like the shit may hit the fan in some way. how prepared are my brothers here?
  • MindlessWork
    • Aug 2011

Being locked and loaded is the best preparation.
    “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• wallyd
      VET
      • Aug 2015

Let’s just say I’ve been investing in brass. I should be gtg for an extended length of time.

Comment

• Magnesium
        Vet
        • Dec 2009

I've been looking for more food storage, another big freezer or possibly getting into freeze drying. Also a generator to run things, I have small solar panels that would work for small lights/electronics. I have some water filtration/purifying, but more is better. My medical supplies could also use some expanding.

Comment

• MindlessWork
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Magnesium
          I've been looking for more food storage, another big freezer or possibly getting into freeze drying. Also a generator to run things, I have small solar panels that would work for small lights/electronics. I have some water filtration/purifying, but more is better. My medical supplies could also use some expanding.
          Medical supplies especially antibiotics and antivirals are good to have.
          “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• ozzy69
            Assistant Admin
            • Jun 2011

I have freeze dried food, canned food, medical supplies including a sutures kit and GSW stuff for the chest, a generator a back up generator fuel with stabilizer added, water and water purification supplies, guns and ammo, books on viable food from the woods and experience

Comment

• Chooch
              VET
              • Oct 2009

I won’t get into much detail but I’m prepared lol. But honestly my best plans/investments are owning in the Mexican Caribbean and having dual residency. All I have to do is make it to the border and I can leave this disaster of a country in the rear view in a matter of hours.

Comment

• HDH
                • Jun 2015

I'd like to say I was better prepared, but unfortunately, I'm not. Pretty sure I know what's coming too.

I'm just gambling at that I'll be dead before it arrives

No shit.

Comment

• meo
                  VET
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by HDH
                  I'd like to say I was better prepared, but unfortunately, I'm not. Pretty sure I know what's coming too.

No shit.
                  yep I'm dying at the right time, got a feeling shit is coming I don't want to see.

Comment

• MindlessWork
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by meo
                    yep I'm dying at the right time, got a feeling shit is coming I don't want to see.
                    It might be coming as soon as next year...

Comment

• OldSwellin
                      VET
                      • Oct 2023

Originally posted by HDH

No shit.
                      Same.

I know what useless pos I am when the power goes out. Take away my HVAC, and it's damn the torpedoes for me.

Comment

• Paramuscle
                        • Mar 2018

I'm good

~PM

Comment

• MindlessWork
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                          I'm good

~PM
                          Locked and loaded and locked down I bet.

Comment

• Gear101
                            VET
                            • Dec 2023

I have some stuff set aside.

Comment

• irish_2003
                              Vet
                              • Oct 2011

I've said my peace with my maker...now I can go down fighting

Comment

Working...