Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Mine was not painful at all and didn't stop me from any type of training, however my Dr. told me most hernias are not a big deal "but an umbilical hernia can kill you" so I thought I would go ahead and get it done. I think I was in the gym 3 or 4 days later. I think it was suggested a couple weeks off.... but you know how we are.
    The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
      Banned
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by liftsiron
      I did 45 degree leg presses the other day went up to 8 45's on each and didn't feel pressure in the area of the hernia. I won't know if I even need surgery until I see the surgeon April 8.
      Good ta hear that you can still get there without restrictions.

Comment

• HDH
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Dakota
        Mine was not painful at all and didn't stop me from any type of training, however my Dr. told me most hernias are not a big deal "but an umbilical hernia can kill you" so I thought I would go ahead and get it done. I think I was in the gym 3 or 4 days later. I think it was suggested a couple weeks off.... but you know how we are.
        Maybe I'll keep an eye on mine then

Comment

• tank100
          VET
          • Dec 2018

Best of luck to you Lifts. Hopefully you'll have a quick recovery and back to 100% in no time

Comment

• Reboot
            VET
            • Feb 2021

Originally posted by HDH
            Maybe I'll keep an eye on mine then
            I'd get it fixed. I had one where the intestine was actually poking through and left a black and blue mark. They didn't waste any time getting it taken care of and told me it could cause death. LOL Unfortunately for me, the surgeon wasn't that great. He chose to make the incision through old scar tissue (gall bladder) and it looks like shit. To make matters worse, the mesh fucking migrated. Now they have commercials where you can sue for it. Either way, I'd get it taken care of if I were you.

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

I thought it would get worse faster than it has. I noticed it more than 2 years ago and it's still pretty small. Actually, it's gotten a little smaller. I could push it back in and feel air gurgling in it. Now I can barely tell it's there.

I looked up to see if they go away, it says they can but usually in kids that are still growing.

Originally posted by Reboot
              I'd get it fixed. I had one where the intestine was actually poking through and left a black and blue mark. They didn't waste any time getting it taken care of and told me it could cause death. LOL Unfortunately for me, the surgeon wasn't that great. He chose to make the incision through old scar tissue (gall bladder) and it looks like shit. To make matters worse, the mesh fucking migrated. Now they have commercials where you can sue for it. Either way, I'd get it taken care of if I were you.

Comment

Working...