X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Back in hospital 3 days; blood clots in legs

Tuesday, Feb 16, 2021
    Admitted To the Hospital for the night. According to the Veneous Ultrasound Technician, she said, "there are many clots in a group, moving upward. (I felt they moved at least 2 1/2 inches just since this morning)! She continued, "They are already at your groin, about to enter the "deep femoral vein" at the femoral triangle." She said she "wasn't supposed to tell me this stuff but she wanted to let me know how serious it was and that I should wait at the radiology department for the doctor to call me." When he called, he told me, "go directly to the emergency room and he would call it in." Crisis averted, just hope I can get one of those late admit turkey boxes.
    It had to do with my lower right leg swelling up again in the hospital and they put on these “stimulator blue boots” while I slept which stirs my muscles around and move slow blood. I think they broke some things free that have been blocking me earlier (in the past three years in my lower legs) and then the clots started moving; now they’re on the move totally not directly involved with the surgery at all.
    Wednesday, Feb 17, 2021
    Still being treated for blood clots in my right leg at the Hospital. I have my own room and looks like a three day stay at least. Dr. just left; he said, “I was really smart to come in when I did.” Identified the clots myself. Now they’ve moved into my lr abdomen area I can feel them. The Doctors are trying to break them up before they get to my heart lungs or brain with an IV heparin drip. It is a naturally occurring anticoagulant and is used to thin the blood and treat heart attacks. I have not had a heart attack but I might if these clots get there. I’m being treated well. My colon surgery recovery is going well! The blood clot started in my lower calf 2 weeks ago and was up to my groin just yesterday, now it's moved another 5 inches towards my heart but I am still being treated by with the blood thinner "Heparin" so we'll see how it goes. Relax and stay hydrated, hope it doesn’t convert to an embolism. Wait and see they have me on an IV I’ve been on like six bags are ready today but it’s already in my abdominal cavity I can feel it still have a lot of pain in my leg.
    Thursday, Feb 18, 2021
    The Doctor decided to take me off the IV and switch me to Eliquis tablets. The nurse just rushed in; my heart started skipping some beats and now she's looking into it, evidently, my monitor went crazy and I have some kind of a heart issue now! Blood clots in my legs brought me here; guess one just made it to my heart. They are monitoring my heart from the control desk. My breathing is fine but I am tired. My heart was pounding for a while I could feel it in my arteries around my neck. Tomorrow I have a beta test. Mayo Clinic, “A major concern of atrial fibrillation is the potential to develop blood clots in the upper chambers of the heart!” These blood clots forming in the heart may circulate to other organs and lead to blocked blood flow (ishemia). Looks like the clot finally made it to my heart! Several types of tests are used to identify and indicate cardiac problems and/or potential for failure. One of these is called the “cardiac CAT scan” or “MRI,” (Magnetic resonance imaging). The point here is to slow the heart rate down and fully investigate one full “rythm” or “beat” of the heart. This type of screening is done without a catheter, and uses what’s called a beta blocker, to slow the heart rate down so that a single beat can be adequately read and potential problems identified.
    "Beleev-me, ven I tell you, ven I find zat clot, I'm gonna flick it wit' my pinky back into its baby poop!"
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

You certainly have had a run of bad luck, hopefully your luck will change for the better soon.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Puff88
      VET
      • Jan 2019

Sorry to hear this brother, hope things make a turn for the better. Just out of curiosity, what is your history with aas? Are you a long time user/abuser? Moderate? Do you feel that any drug use has contributed to any of the challenges you are dealing with currently?

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

How's it going now?
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Reboot
          VET
          • Feb 2021

^!

Wow man, you sure have had a tough go. How are you now?

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

Update: I finally left the hospital on Friday the 19th as there were no other fibrillations, murmurs or any such activity in my heart following the atrial fibrillation around noon on Thursday (18th). I had an EKG on Friday and it was inconclusive so they put me on blood thinners and I went home. The veins in my legs are still a bit stiff which means I’m releasing more clots but they’re passing through my system and I’m destroying them. I feel good I’m not sick. The pain in my leg is greatly diminished and I’m doing fairly well. I’ve got some stitches to be removed next Wednesday along my waistline. The ileostomy bag is working out and the sutures in my abdomen are almost healed and sealed (some still open) so things are looking up. My brother invited me to his house in Florida the week of the 5th through the 12th and flights Philadelphia to Tampa are only $36 round-trip so I just might go. My weight is down to about 235 from 270 on 12/14/20. I’ve been taking a little sustenon to retain some muscle.
            Concerning my previous AAS use, I didn’t start until I was 27 and usually only used no more than two items at a time; and generally not that much! I have spaced it out with TRT over the years but I was never a heavy user. The good thing is I think the tren I used last year helped increase the bleeding of the tumor in my colon and that allowed me to notice it as a problem to get checked out, so in a way, I have thumbs up for tren but I only used it twice. Thanks for positive thoughts. They made a difference!

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

It may be a good thing that all of this has taken place and been discovered. Better discovered in this manner that in an autopsy because you were completely unaware of a problem.

Speedy recovery.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

Working...