Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

Diet

I dont count calories like I used to because i have no need to. Im just an old man trying to look good. Live hard, die old, leave a good looking corpse for the worms. Lol. I eat healthy and clean. I eat food ive cooked. Not processed garbage. And i know what and how much i can eat by trial and error and the mirror. BUT occasionally I have days where im starving all day long and i eat all day long. Literally. Then I'm good and back on my normal routine. Do any of you bro's ever have a binge day where you eat all day or you just cant get satisfied no matter what or how much you eat? Its not a problem for me. Im just curious if any of you have days you just cant get enough food.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain
  • myosaurus
    Vet
    • Mar 2014

I treat myself with pizza on sat and burgers and fries(home made) plus desert on Sundays. Mon-fri is strictly home cooked meals containing high protein/low fat/high carbs on training days and lower carbs on rest days. This is when in offseason.
    When trying to cut, I'll only have 1 cheat meal and overall calories will be titrated down and will have at least 1 zero carb day.
    Yes I used to have "cheat days" not "cheat meal" and that would be on weekends but ii don't do that anymore.
    I remember cheating on top of cheat days by starting Saturday on 12AM and end Sunday cheat up to early AM Monday lol.
    That's an eating disorder lol.

Comment

• Darkness
      • Apr 2011

Put some higher fat in you if you wanna tamp down your metabolic rate on these days.

Comment

• tank100
        VET
        • Dec 2018

I normally eat clean during the week and then on the weekends I eat whatever I want. The balance seems to work for me where so I’m not overly hungry during the week

Comment

• jrod
          • Jun 2010

What are calories?

Comment

• Chooch
            VET
            • Oct 2009

Give yourself a cheat day once a week.

Comment

• Demigod
              • Feb 2018

I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch them eat whatever I want for supper...I too am an old man just trying to look decent....and enjoy some delicious bad food. ��

Comment

• Silntrunin
                VET
                • Mar 2023

Much the same here. Just looking to look decent at my age and not to overly concerned with myvdiet. I think most us older guys that have been at this game long enough have a general idea what they can eat and get away with without packing on a ton of fat.

I have days where i just pig out on crap myself but for the most part i eat pretty clean most of the time so I dont sweat it it to much.

Im lucky my metabolism is still high so my crap days dont effect my weight much.
                Unless your planning on competing and your hapoy with how you look and are relatively healthy i wouldnt worry to much about it and enjoy the munchy days. Lol

Comment

• myosaurus
                  Vet
                  • Mar 2014

Finished my 8 week post cut maintainance phase stayed around 3000-3500 cal average with 2 cheat meals one on sat, one on Sunday. Maintained very lean and regained my lean mass. Offseason starts now starting at 3500 cal and slowly titration up towards 4000, then 4500. My bloodwork was also at its best, with my LDL 42 and HDL 48. Went low fat for the first time and plan to stay on it.

Comment

Working...