Another day of abuse...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

Another day of abuse...

Today I was told (several times) "You are worthless, you're a clown, shut the fuck up."
    This is the regular treatment I get as a white teacher in a black school, not by all the kids, just by many. WTF!

What the hell have I done with my life?
    I had to beg one kid for over a half hour just to finish an 8 question test so I wouldn't have to give him an F.
    He did, but only got 3 right so, I let him take it again.
    This is how low the bar is in Philadelphia, and Falamma wants them all to go to Haaarvard!

I think I will have to start a power lifting routine to help stave off the angst!
  • basskiller
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003

too bad we can't go back to the days when I was in catholic grade school .. They could wack you with a yard stick..
    Or even ion FL. When in trouble, you could elect to get licks (paddle your ass) instead of suspension

Some kids just don't want to learn and then when they're 25 without anyt means of supporting themselves "legally" .. they bitch that it's someone else's fault
    Owner of
    Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
    basskilleronline.com

Comment

• HOTROCKS
      • Feb 2009

Why do you stay their ?
      No one even gives it their best unless they like what they do .
      Nevertheless I feel for you.
      Deus unus me iudicare potest

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

Comment

• Mr Incredible
        • Oct 2010

Mr H that sounds like a raw deal.

just remember none of it is personal its all about their inadequecies and fear of life.

All this experience could serve you well in the future but I hope you get a cush number in a private school someday

Comment

• mrhtbd

Originally posted by HOTROCKS
          Why do you stay their ?
          No one even gives it their best unless they like what they do .
          Nevertheless I feel for you.
          I originally went there as a requisite for getting a scholarship for a special education certification, then I had to stay for 3 years to honor the scholarship.
          After that I stayed to get 3 satisfactory years in order to get my permanent teaching certification (that ended 2 years ago).
          I stayed since then because I started my Principal Certification and just finished my internship at this school.
          I have one class to go and then I can take the praxis test for certification.
          I have a great life with my wife and kids; loving, respectful, and positive, but every day at school I get inundated with constant negativity, not just from many students but from other (petty) teachers as well.
          The little green head of envy can be nasty.
          I think next year should be the year to start looking.
          I think I deserve at least an environment where I can grow, and preferable one where kids actually want to learn.

Oh, and Bassliller I can relate to the Catholic experience, in fact, I now write with my right hand because the nuns said "writing with your left hand is the sign of the devil!" Can you believe that?
          Also, I tell the kids, "When I was in school, they had a cure for ADHD. The teacher would come up behind you and smack you on the back of your head, telling you to "pay attention." Then I tell them, "usually, only one dose was needed, but occasionally a second dose was delivered."

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

mrhtbd go rent out the movie called "The Principal"...stars Jim Belushi. Might give ya some ideas.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Will do!!!
              Netflix here I come!

Comment

• Scotsmark
                VET
                • Apr 2005

Dude, you need to shave your head to the bone and start wearing combats & white vest tops to school. Always have shades on, crack your knuckles whenever you can, pause and stare into the middle distance when conversing with pupils, only stop with a small shake of the head, an eyeball stare followed with a "Sorry, did you say something there?" Get deliberately overheard in the faculty that you went to a reunion with your ex Delta/SEAL/Green Beret (delete as applicable) squad buddies and were reminiscing and having flashbacks to the Black Ops you went on but can't talk about. Soon, word will get out to the poupils and they'll stop grating your nerves. If tthey think you're a dangerous badass who's trained to kill and , in their minds, probably has done on many occasions, they'll show you more respect as they'll be shit scared of you. Give it a try, you'll have fun messing with people's heads!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Scotsmark
                  Dude, you need to shave your head to the bone and start wearing combats & white vest tops to school. Always have shades on, crack your knuckles whenever you can, pause and stare into the middle distance when conversing with pupils, only stop with a small shake of the head, an eyeball stare followed with a "Sorry, did you say something there?" Get deliberately overheard in the faculty that you went to a reunion with your ex Delta/SEAL/Green Beret (delete as applicable) squad buddies and were reminiscing and having flashbacks to the Black Ops you went on but can't talk about. Soon, word will get out to the poupils and they'll stop grating your nerves. If tthey think you're a dangerous badass who's trained to kill and , in their minds, probably has done on many occasions, they'll show you more respect as they'll be shit scared of you. Give it a try, you'll have fun messing with people's heads!
                  Hey Scots...some may take your post as a joke or even you may have meant it as such I dunno. BUT, if I was a teacher in projects Philly, being white myself and enduring the shit that mrhtbd is going thru, I think I REALLY would do exactly as you said LONG ago!lol

Comment

• Scotsmark
                    VET
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                    Hey Scots...some may take your post as a joke or even you may have meant it as such I dunno. BUT, if I was a teacher in projects Philly, being white myself and enduring the shit that mrhtbd is going thru, I think I REALLY would do exactly as you said LONG ago!lol
                    Yeah. Hank, it was just for fun but I think it might just work!
                    Nobody messed with Tackleberry in the Police Academy movies!

I think Mrhtbd's main failing is that he's too damn nice! He's a big dude but he's far too nice and the punkass kids who are only at school because the law says they have to be there are jumping all over it. I think he should fuck teaching off and run for Pope, the guy's got the patience of a saint!

Comment

• theartofwar
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by basskiller
                      too bad we can't go back to the days when I was in catholic grade school .. They could wack you with a yard stick..
                      Or even ion FL. When in trouble, you could elect to get licks (paddle your ass) instead of suspension

Some kids just don't want to learn and then when they're 25 without anyt means of supporting themselves "legally" .. they bitch that it's someone else's fault
                      Brother that is the truth I openly admit at 25, I am finally putting my own shit together and not believing my excuses. It's fucking pathetic, I fooled myself for years.

As for original post - man I give you credit, if someone stepped to me like that i would break their jaw and tell them to pay for braces, lil bitches now man they think they are all tough and their parents do dick all but collect welfare.
                      Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• mrhtbd

By the way, the person who said it was a girl!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                          By the way, the person who said it was a girl!
                          You can take 'er dude...I got confidence in ya!!!

<chant> Get 'er mrhtbd, get 'er, come on mang! </chant>

LMAO at the thought of you wrestling with some pissed-off 17 y.o 5'2, 160lb black chic named Jamaicawakia in the hall as her weave falls off and your tie is all ripped and shit bwhahahaha!

Comment

• Deacon
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2005

"Son where did you get that?"

Tackleberry "My Mommy gave it to me!"
                            Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                            "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• Deacon
                              Vet
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Scotsmark
                              some goddamn student coucilor will have you hauled in to9 be checked for PTSD and probably say your to intimidating to the poor "children" LOL
                              Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                              "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...