10 X 10 Training Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fleetwood271

10 X 10 Training Question

When doing 10 X 10 training, do I warm up first, then put on the max I can do for 10 for the first set, then the max for the 2nd set and so on?

Or do I just pick a weight and keep that same weight for all 10 sets, letting my first few sets act as the warm up?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by fleetwood271
    When doing 10 X 10 training, do I warm up first, then put on the max I can do for 10 for the first set, then the max for the 2nd set and so on?

Or do I just pick a weight and keep that same weight for all 10 sets, letting my first few sets act as the warm up?

Steve Reaves used that method about 50 years ago, I wasn't aware that anyone still used the method because it isn't as effective as split training.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• DaPit26

Good ol' German volume training. You'd stay at the same weight all 10. I wouldn't recommend that. OVERTRAINING. If you're going for hypertrophy I guess but I'd stick to pyramid or drops or my favorite 5X5's and 3X3's

Comment

• fleetwood271

Originally posted by DaPit26
        Good ol' German volume training. You'd stay at the same weight all 10. I wouldn't recommend that. OVERTRAINING. If you're going for hypertrophy I guess but I'd stick to pyramid or drops or my favorite 5X5's and 3X3's
        Is 3X3 really enough for hypertrophy?

I've been doing Chest/Tris/Shoulders on Day 1
        Back/Bis on Day 2 and legs on Day 3.

Just looking to mix it up some.

Was thinking of 10 X 10 for one week.

Then 5 X 5 for a week.

Comment

• guijr

IMHO better save some sets to hit a given muscle(s) from different angles.

Comment

• Blown_SC

INSANE amount of volume... wow...

Comment

• TheGame46

GVT is an interesting program however I beleive it is very catabolic. This is acheiving a similar goal to iron adicts best way to gain 10-15lbs... But this is even worse than that one b/cI beleive you actually hault contractile growth. I tried this program once out of curiosity early in college. It will leave you soar and week, you feel like its working b/c of the fluid build-up, but its not.

But despite my opinion, it depend on how the weight your using is. If you start at ur 10rep max then yes warm up, if you start at what you can still do for 10 after 9 other sets you prob need a minimal warm-up other than getting the shoulder joints moving.

Comment

• DaPit26

I think it's just a waste of valuable time in the gym. I also experimented with it about 2 years ago, trying to find the right routine for me and 10x10 was only good for cramps and that burn many like. I just hit the reps real low and at the end maybe blast out 15, so I get the power from the heavy weights and a nice little burn at the end with the lighter weights.

Comment

• blk99xtreme

whats the 10x10 mean or 5x5? 5 sets of 5 reps? or 10 sets of 10 reps? wheres the weight at? it must vary then right? 10x10 seems overkill.

Comment

• DaPit26

yup.... with 10X10 about 35%. 5X5 I go about 60%

Comment

Working...