Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

Planks challenge!

How many of you ever did them? I did my first 1 week ago when watching my wife do her workout. My wife, son and I were seeing who could hold it the longest before crashing to the floor. Jr got 30 seconds, my wife 50 seconds and myself 80 seconds. Tried it again today and busted my azz to hold out for 120 seconds, then PLOP down onto the floor haha.

I've prolly did less ab work than anyone on the board - well, other than Rough. So I'm sure some of you ab guys can prolly go for 5-10 minutes or what? Logic would dictate being smaller/less weight would make these easier, I dunno being a rookie at it. All I know is at 250lbs my abs were screaming after 2 minutes.

Let's hear it, and if you never did 'em, give them a shot and holla back.
    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I tried them a few times went about a minute or so.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
      • Oct 2017

What type of plank you doing? Arms straight, on elbows, knees on ground, toes?
      I used to do ab work my two times in prison. I would do 500 sit ups in the am then 500 crunches in the pm. Imagine nothing to do all day but work out, eat, and sleep for years in a row, 7 days a week, 365 a year.
      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
        Banned
        • Apr 2018

The longest I went was about 3 min.

Nothing compared to ....... https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/23/us/ne...rnd/index.html

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
          • May 2019

Originally posted by Roughrydr
          What type of plank you doing? Arms straight, on elbows, knees on ground, toes?
          I used to do ab work my two times in prison. I would do 500 sit ups in the am then 500 crunches in the pm. Imagine nothing to do all day but work out, eat, and sleep for years in a row, 7 days a week, 365 a year.
          On elbows and toes.
          Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Regular planks are good but try extending your hands out. Those make it much harder. I'd do those and raise one knee to my chest at a time. Straight up and then to the side. I did it to make my knee strikes in a clinch more powerful when I was training all the time. I can still do them well just not for as long as I used to. But then again I've been taking it easy this past year.

Comment

• A.B
              VET
              • Jun 2004

I was in the 90-120 second range when I did them but will give it a shot tomorrow for my home workout.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                • May 2019

Originally posted by b52
                Regular planks are good but try extending your hands out. Those make it much harder. I'd do those and raise one knee to my chest at a time. Straight up and then to the side. I did it to make my knee strikes in a clinch more powerful when I was training all the time. I can still do them well just not for as long as I used to. But then again I've been taking it easy this past year.
                Oh welllllll excuuuussee meeeeee young buck!

Kidding haha.

Do you mean to have arms extended out to the sides or above your head? I doubt I could do that out to my sides without my rotator cuffs popping out haha, and above head sounds waaaay out of my league. You let me know and I'll try it out.

Comment

• A.B
                  VET
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dawggpound Hank
                  Oh welllllll excuuuussee meeeeee young buck!

Kidding haha.

Do you mean to have arms extended out to the sides or above your head? I doubt I could do that out to my sides without my rotator cuffs popping out haha, and above head sounds waaaay out of my league. You let me know and I'll try it out.
                  Think he means push up position? Haha if it’s beyond that Fck that haha

Comment

Working...