X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cruci
    Vet
    • Nov 2006

Have sleep problems? Read this:

A lot of people have problems sleeping, I have the same issue. I know Sadie can feel me on this (although I wish she would just feel me, but I digress ) and I tried a little experiment at home that I think might help some of you. I actually got the idea from watching Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet (that show was fucking badassed, those cute little critters are like street gangs with fur.) Excuse my ADHD, I'll try to stay on topic from now on

In the show, the meerkats go to sleep at sundown, just like a lot of other mammals. They do this simply because they don't have electric lights and there are too many predators out at night, and like a lot of other mammals they lack good night vision. This got me thinking about humans. Up until recently in the grand scheme of human existence, we only had two things to guide our vision with: sunlight and fire. Now, we keep electric lights on all day and night right up until we go to pitch darkness, as opposed to having the lights dimmed down until there was nothing. Which would, over the course of the evening start to naturally wind our bodies down for sleep.

I would suggest that you try this if you have issues falling asleep, I had positive results with this. About two hours before bed I light candles in several parts of the house. I keep them in metal sconces to prevent the risk of fire, and just let them burn for a few hours.

I find that my body starts to get used to the idea that it is time to get ready for bed when I do this, sort of tricking my own mind.

Now of course if you are reading or something I wouldn't recommend it, but unless you are doing something that requires bright light, light a few candles in spots of the house that you are going to go to be going through in the evening. The hallway, bathroom, etc. I think you will find that maybe you get ready for bed naturally a little easier. Not to mention, candles are a lot cheaper than electricity. You can usually find them for real cheap in places like thrift shops, where people donate those big candles that cost 10-15 bucks in regular store and you can buy them for two-three dollars at a place like goodwill.

Hope this helps someone
    Cruci is a fictional character. He does not use or participate in any distribution of any illegal substance, nor will he make referrals/source checks. You might think that this is some sort of ruse because I am a moderator on here simply trying to cover my ass, but just because I know how to correct a cycle from a clueless dolt who knows nothing of what he is putting in his body (because I know how to read,) I seriously do not get involved with any illegal substances in any way shape or form. I do however believe that it is your right to use them, but I won't help you acquire them. If you send me a PM asking where to buy steroids or to refer you to a source, I will call you a dumbass and tell you to learn to read. Then I will mushroom stamp your sister.
  • JrMaFia
    BANNED for being a JETS fan
    • Oct 2007

or you can just take an ambien
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
    Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
    Cassidy: Crue!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
    Cassidy: Def Lep!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
    Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• Cruci
      Vet
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by JrMaFia
      The whole point of this was to propose a natural remedy, as opposed to adding any more chemicals to your body than necessary.
      Cruci is a fictional character. He does not use or participate in any distribution of any illegal substance, nor will he make referrals/source checks. You might think that this is some sort of ruse because I am a moderator on here simply trying to cover my ass, but just because I know how to correct a cycle from a clueless dolt who knows nothing of what he is putting in his body (because I know how to read,) I seriously do not get involved with any illegal substances in any way shape or form. I do however believe that it is your right to use them, but I won't help you acquire them. If you send me a PM asking where to buy steroids or to refer you to a source, I will call you a dumbass and tell you to learn to read. Then I will mushroom stamp your sister.

Comment

• swoleman

Originally posted by JrMaFia

LMFAO haha nice!!

Comment

Working...