Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.Matrix
    • Oct 2007

Numbness in left pinky?

Last summer (summer '07) all of the sudden one day I noticed a numbness to my left pinky finger. Since then, it's been constant. It never comes and goes, it's always there. There is no pain or loss of strength, just a slight numbness to it. I don't know if I pinched a nerve or what. I was lifting really heavy at the time, so it's possible it may have come from shrug straps being tight around my writs, but I'm no doctor.

Anybody have any ideas? I was just at the doctor about 2 weeks ago for a physical, blood pressure was low (good) and everything else was good with me.

Again, it's only my pinky. Nothing with the rest of my hand, wrist, arm, palm, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated
  • Sadie

are you on cycle? i got alot of extremity numbness while on which is totally gone now that im off...

Comment

• J.Matrix
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Sadie
      are you on cycle? i got alot of extremity numbness while on which is totally gone now that im off...
      No never done a cycle in my life. I'm leaning toward some form of pinched nerve maybe from tight-assed shrug straps but I didn't know if anyone else had any opinions

Comment

• Trapology
        • Jan 2007

probably nerve damage, possibly relating to strain in your elbow or forarm

i have the same problem and thats the reason, damage to my elbow
        Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• Sadie

i strap my shrugs to the point where the straps bruise and leave texture and it doesnt happen hehe maybe im lucky then

Comment

• J.Matrix
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Nigbo
            probably nerve damage, possibly relating to strain in your elbow or forarm

i have the same problem and thats the reason, damage to my elbow
            Anything you can do about it? Will it get worse if I just let it be? Like I said, there's no pain and it doesn't bother me, I just noticed it

Comment

• Trapology
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by J.Matrix
              Anything you can do about it? Will it get worse if I just let it be? Like I said, there's no pain and it doesn't bother me, I just noticed it
              just putting hot and cold things on it to try to improve circulation works ok

but to the best of my knowledge there is nothing u can do

You may want to see a DR, because my case is really bad, as i tape at my desk the weight of my arm pushing on my elbow makes my hand go numb
              Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• J.Matrix
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Nigbo
                just putting hot and cold things on it to try to improve circulation works ok

but to the best of my knowledge there is nothing u can do

You may want to see a DR, because my case is really bad, as i tape at my desk the weight of my arm pushing on my elbow makes my hand go numb
                Thanks dude I'll try hot/cold treatment and see how that goes. Nothing makes it any worse, like typing. It's constantly the same numbness. And it's only my damn pinky. It's pretty weird but I guess it's not that big of a deal

Comment

• ZERKER

Originally posted by J.Matrix
                  Last summer (summer '07) all of the sudden one day I noticed a numbness to my left pinky finger. Since then, it's been constant. It never comes and goes, it's always there. There is no pain or loss of strength, just a slight numbness to it. I don't know if I pinched a nerve or what. I was lifting really heavy at the time, so it's possible it may have come from shrug straps being tight around my writs, but I'm no doctor.

Anybody have any ideas? I was just at the doctor about 2 weeks ago for a physical, blood pressure was low (good) and everything else was good with me.

Again, it's only my pinky. Nothing with the rest of my hand, wrist, arm, palm, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated
                  Hmm, sounds like Cubital Tunnel Syndrome to me,,,I would get a EMG done just to make sure....i had that shit.Surgical intervention was the answer for me...im NOT telling u to go that rout,im saying go to the Neuro and get a fucking EMG done....that will answer it clearly,....but hey what do i know im an idiot.......Z

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

stop sitting on it.

Comment

• zeke
                      Vet
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by ZERKER
                      Hmm, sounds like Cubital Tunnel Syndrome to me,,,I would get a EMG done just to make sure....i had that shit.Surgical intervention was the answer for me...im NOT telling u to go that rout,im saying go to the Neuro and get a fucking EMG done....that will answer it clearly,....but hey what do i know im an idiot.......Z
                      I do agree with Zerker, but personally would have a MRI done first. Reason being is that it shows the doctor a more detailed pic of the muscular system. A lot of times this can show issues, but like Zerker said. A good ortho sugeon can make that call for you. I had a cyst on my left shoulder that caused my fingers to go numb. Hopefully you don't have anything major that would lead to surgery.

Good Luck bro,
                      Z-

Comment

Working...