Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.zone
    • Aug 2014

HCG For TRT

Has anyone tried or had any luck using HCG alone for TRT?
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

No

Comment

• mr.zone
      • Aug 2014

Have you tried it? It should actually work since it stimulates LH depending on your baseline. I've tried it but in combo with test. I'll give it a shot and take blood work before and after. worth a shot, no pun intended...

Comment

• Magnesium
        Vet
        • Dec 2009

This would depend on whether or not your body responds to the HCG. If signalling is your issue, this might work very well. If your body just can't handle the production needs, it will fail.
        I have very interesting/vivid dreams on HCG and lots of night sweats on both my HCG and Test days. I had to buy a water proof mattress pad to handle it.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

I seen references where hcg in itself is suppressive because it spikes test. Best to use hcg throughout the cycle or at least pre pct.

Do a board search "swale" to find a ton of articles on hcg.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by mr.zone
            Have you tried it? It should actually work since it stimulates LH depending on your baseline. I've tried it but in combo with test. I'll give it a shot and take blood work before and after. worth a shot, no pun intended...
            Does not stimulate LH. It simulates LH and FSH. It actually shuts down your hypothalamus and pituitary parts of the HPTA. You will also make a lot of estrogen if you dose it too high. 500 iu every 2 to 3 days should get you in a good range and then probably 250 - 500 iu every 3 days to maintain. Eventually you may desensitize to it and it will stop working.
            Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• mr.zone
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by liftsiron
              I seen references where hcg in itself is suppressive because it spikes test. Best to use hcg throughout the cycle or at least pre pct.

Do a board search "swale" to find a ton of articles on hcg.
              That was actually my plan. what I was thinking is running it also as a bridge till my next cycle. I wasn't getting the results I wanted with HCG alone.

Comment

• mr.zone
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Glycomann
                Does not stimulate LH. It simulates LH and FSH. It actually shuts down your hypothalamus and pituitary parts of the HPTA. You will also make a lot of estrogen if you dose it too high. 500 iu every 2 to 3 days should get you in a good range and then probably 250 - 500 iu every 3 days to maintain. Eventually you may desensitize to it and it will stop working.
                I'm sure that's dose dependent, but I was running it 500iu EOD. my E2 stayed in the normal range. From what I understand HCG increases spermatogenesis which in turn increases test levels. I haven't read anywhere that it would shut down HPTA. Then again I could be wrong.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                  • Apr 2015

swell.

Comment

• Floridagrowin
                    Vet
                    • Oct 2011

There have been some doctors that have used adex or clomid as stand alone drugs to increase testosterone levels but just like hcg the effects are short lived. Possibly great to stimulate production but not to sustain levels. I've been on TRT for a few years now and don't see the need to try "alternative" drugs. At best they will only increase test levels slightly and will likely do more damage than good over time.

Comment

Working...