Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Three month Colorado Round-up!

Been here near Vail, CO at 8000+ feet, 3 months now. Initially failed my CDL Physical with blood pressure too high: 167/135 even on Losartan 100mg/day. Went to an old mountain Doctor and pointed out my right ankle was still swollen from a bone infection four years ago (4” across). He prescribed me a malaria drug discovered by Ciba in 1945; Hydralazine 10mg. Miraculously, after only 2 tablets with food four hours apart, by morning the swelling was completely gone. The Doc signed the medical card for my CDL and gave me a 90 day waiver (which expires today). After two weeks he increased the dosage to 25 mg 4/x per day. Long story short after three months I’m down 38 pounds and my blood pressure Friday tested 138/89. He just signed a new medical card allowing me to get my CDL for the next year; awesome news! I am down to 252 I feel like a new man my ankle feels great, working mad hours driving a 70 passenger bus, getting summer job offers; things are looking up! Having some chicken tortilla soup then going to spend the afternoon at the hot springs in Glenwood Springs. Bringing my college-aged daughter and her boyfriend out for Spring Break in March to let them learn to ski. Life is Golden! Feel like I’m 30 again!
  • Glycomann

Nice. Enjoy!

Comment

• Roughrydr
      • Oct 2017

Since you've quit teaching you've had some great jobs. This one sounds fun though.
      Good luck.
      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Bananas
        Vet
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mrhtbd
        Been here near Vail, CO at 8000+ feet, 3 months now. Initially failed my CDL Physical with blood pressure too high: 167/135 even on Losartan 100mg/day. Went to an old mountain Doctor and pointed out my right ankle was still swollen from a bone infection four years ago (4” across). He prescribed me a malaria drug discovered by Ciba in 1945; Hydralazine 10mg. Miraculously, after only 2 tablets with food four hours apart, by morning the swelling was completely gone. The Doc signed the medical card for my CDL and gave me a 90 day waiver (which expires today). After two weeks he increased the dosage to 25 mg 4/x per day. Long story short after three months I’m down 38 pounds and my blood pressure Friday tested 138/89. He just signed a new medical card allowing me to get my CDL for the next year; awesome news! I am down to 252 I feel like a new man my ankle feels great, working mad hours driving a 70 passenger bus, getting summer job offers; things are looking up! Having some chicken tortilla soup then going to spend the afternoon at the hot springs in Glenwood Springs. Bringing my college-aged daughter and her boyfriend out for Spring Break in March to let them learn to ski. Life is Golden! Feel like I’m 30 again!
        Stay safe and enjoy.

Comment

Working...