X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Roughrydr
    What was your gfr and your urea creatine levels? I'm now at the door of stagev4 ckd. GFR of 31. They are telling me diet control can help. Less potassium in my case.

I'm not sure of the GFR or creatine levels, I had high potassium and calcium levels though. I go in for complete bloodwork tuesday the 7th and will get a printout sent to me.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
      • Oct 2017

Good luck on that bro. They'll look at your gfr, your urea albumin, creatine levels and potassium/ sodium. With high potassium your kidneys are not filtering as they should. Dialysis would suck, especially if it could be avoided.
      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Good luck on that bro. They'll look at your gfr, your urea albumin, creatine levels and potassium/ sodium. With high potassium your kidneys are not filtering as they should. Dialysis would suck, especially if it could be avoided.
        Because of the dehydration I was in acute kidney failure. My kidneys are supposed to be back to 100 percent.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• reps
          Vet
          • Oct 2007

I hope your getting better brother. Prayers

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

Dam Lifts! Glad your feeling better. Hope you figure out what’s going on.

Comment

• Roughrydr
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by liftsiron
              Because of the dehydration I was in acute kidney failure. My kidneys are supposed to be back to 100 percent.
              That's cool. Do you know what made you so sick? Eating Dole salads? Listeria?
              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• liftsiron
                Administrator
                • Nov 2003

That's cool. Do you know what made you so sick? Eating Dole salads? Listeria?
                I seen my primary yesterday. She said that it was a viral inflammation of the intestines that was what caused it. Okay
                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• MindlessWork
                  • Aug 2011

I seen my primary yesterday. She said that it was a viral inflammation of the intestines that was what caused it. Okay
                  Sounds rough and hopefully once you get that resolved then your kidneys should recover (at least to some extent). When I had a stomach bug some years back I kept drinking water to stay hydrated...even forced myself to drink it.
                  “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• liftsiron
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by MindlessWork
                    Sounds rough and hopefully once you get that resolved then your kidneys should recover (at least to some extent). When I had a stomach bug some years back I kept drinking water to stay hydrated...even forced myself to drink it.
                    After getting six bags of iv fluid in two days my kidneys were back to 100 percent according to the doctor.
                    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• MindlessWork
                      • Aug 2011

After getting six bags of iv fluid in two days my kidneys were back to 100 percent according to the doctor.
                      That's great to hear and hopefully no lasting damage from that episode.
                      “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

Working...