X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kluso
    Vet
    • Dec 2016

Anyone get Covid yet?

I’m just getting over it. I am vaccinated. Got what I thought was a little cold last Thursday. Then on Christmas my wife gave me some lotion that I couldn’t smell. That’s when I realized I couldn’t smell anything. It was really bizarre experience. Finally got tested because everywhere is backed up and everywhere is sold out of home tests around here. Cases going thru the roof. So it was positive. Been off work all week and not sure I’m gonna get paid for it. Hopefully my boss will be in the Christmas spirit because his som got it too and been off all week also. But honestly it wasn’t bad at all. Luckily. I’m sure being vaccinated helped. Had, stuffy nose, ears popping constantly, some chest congestion, mild sore throat on and off. And mild fever first few days. Highest was 99.5deg. Luckily my sense of smell is already back. I here a lot of people don’t get it back for weeks or months even. For me as I got better my sense of smell got better. Took lots of vitamin C and elderberry. Which was even recommended on the paper I got from Drs and didn’t even know it was good for Covid. I just had some at home and thought it couldn’t hurt. The really interesting thing was my Dr told said- we’ll at least you don’t have to worry about getting it again. She said she has never seen anyone vaccinated get Covid twice. I’m sure it’s possible with new variants but she said she hasn’t seen it yet and she even got Covid two years ago and is vaccinated and hasn’t gotten it again, being around hundreds of Covid positive patients. So kinda glad I got it out of the way. Just hope it’s not a naive sense of security. Anyone else get Covid yet? If so what was your experience? I have none people that died from it and been hospitalized. Not trying to downplay anything. And I understand if you don’t want to talk about it.
    Last edited by Kluso; 12-31-2021, 11:48 AM.
  • 01dragonslayer
    Banned
    • Apr 2018

I had just over a year ago....mild symptoms that really only lasted a few days.

About a month after having it I got my first Moderns vaccine then the second three weeks later.

Went into the pharmacy about a month ago to get my annual flu shot. I asked when the COVID booster was coming out and walked out getting both vaccines in the same day.

Comment

• MindlessWork
      • Aug 2011

Just my luck to get Covid again just before Xmas and had the mild symptoms including losing my sense of taste and smell that lasted a few days too. Just feel like shit today but now can pretty much taste and smell things again. I got all my shots and about to get the booster when I caught this one.

I had Covid in 2020 but was about the same as this time, but didn't lose taste or smell then.
      Last edited by MindlessWork; 12-31-2021, 06:21 PM.
      “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• irish_2003
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

Pretty sure we had it Nov prior to it being call covid which is really certification of vaccination identification-2019 (covid-19)...I refuse to get the experimental global depopulation shots

Comment

• Rebornlite
          VET
          • Dec 2018

No rona for me or my immediate family. We are not vaccinated and have made no lifestyle changes since covid broke out. I can count on two hands the family members and friends who got the Rona after fully vaccinated, including children.

Comment

• Acreed1
            Vet
            • Nov 2014

By God's grace, I haven't yet. I never got the flu really. Or the flu shot. No plans on getting the vaccine either.
            "No Joe, you next Joe, you next Joe!"
            "Creed in 3, Creed in 3"

Comment

• ozzy69
              Assistant Admin
              • Jun 2011

I got vaccinated…I think it was a mistake

Comment

• liftsiron
                Administrator
                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by ozzy69
                I got vaccinated…I think it was a mistake
                I think it's a mistake not to. My nephew is in an ICU unit in Indiana with covid, he never got vaccinated.
                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• ozzy69
                  Assistant Admin
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by liftsiron
                  I think it's a mistake not to. My nephew is in an ICU unit in Indiana with covid, he never got vaccinated.
                  You just hear so much in the media and you don’t know what to believe.

I got it because some of the places I work require it.

I just worry about side effects down the road.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by liftsiron
                    I agree 100%. The vaccine has been out for over a year now and there have been no serious side effects with the exception of the J&J which far inferior vaccine anyways.

The vaccine may not keep someone from getting COVID but it will keep you from getting seriously ill.
                    Last edited by 01dragonslayer; 01-01-2022, 08:40 PM. Reason: error

Comment

• Kluso
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2016

I think there will be better, safer vaccines in the future. Hopefully sooner than later. I here about health care workers that won’t get it. I don’t know if we should be giving it to kids. They are 4 times more likely to get myocarditis from the vaccine than actual Covid-19, from what I have seen. My daughter got hives all over after the first shot. Second one she was fine. I think it’s a personal decision on whether we get the vaccine or not. If you have health problems ask your Dr what they think. Then make your decision. But imo it should be a decision not a mandate to go into a grocery store even? Really? This is nuts to me. No one is taking natural immunity into consideration either. And we should be focusing on treatments more. This virus isn’t going away anytime soon and more variants will make the current vaccines useless. Why aren’t we making new vaccines for the new strains? Wasn’t that the plan? Boosters of the same vaccine? Seems like money is driving this decision. Same with the mandates. My buddies mom recently died from Covid and they refused to give the monoclonal antibodies. Said it was too late. Wouldn’t even try it with him begging them to give them to her. She passed 7 days later. I here in Texas you can only get the antibodies if your hospitalized so why was it too late? I feel like Drs don’t even know what the right thing to do is. Idk if u guys remember me sharing about my mom last year. She was hospitalized with pneumonia but they thought it was Covid and even after 4 negative tests swore it was still Covid. I really believe they would have killed her. Only thing that saved her was a UTI. Nurse found a UTI and started treating her with antibiotics. Her chest started clearing up. It was nuts! They said oh, she must have had bacterial pneumonia. Yeah no shit. They were ready to discharge her into a nursing home. Thank god there weren’t any rooms available yet and the nurse found the UTI. And only reason she tested my mom for that was because I told them my moms confusion was not normal. She couldn’t even get out full sentences she was so out of it. They had no idea that wasn’t normal for her. I was so angry.

Comment

• Kluso
                        Vet
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Rebornlite
                        No rona for me or my immediate family. We are not vaccinated and have made no lifestyle changes since covid broke out. I can count on two hands the family members and friends who got the Rona after fully vaccinated, including children.
                        What’s crazy is my wife didn’t get Covid from me. At least not yet. I guess there is a two to five day incubation period depending on the variant. She’s taken 2 home rapid test. One last Tuesday and one yesterday. Both negative. And we still slept in same bed and everything. She is vaccinated like I am. No Booster. Neither of us got the booster. And don’t plan on it. She is on an antidepressant so maybe that was a factor. Certain antidepressants are being found to block Covid in studies. I actually just got a text from my wife. She said she is feeling dizzy today and that is supposed to be a symptom. Guess I shouldn’t say she didn’t get it yet. I have probably been contagious up till maybe yesterday which when Dr said I can return to work. The CDC says you are the most contagious the two days before getting symptoms and the first three days of symptoms. And I’m way past that now.

Comment

• MindlessWork
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kluso
                          What’s crazy is my wife didn’t get Covid from me. At least not yet. I guess there is a two to five day incubation period depending on the variant. She’s taken 2 home rapid test. One last Tuesday and one yesterday. Both negative. And we still slept in same bed and everything. She is vaccinated like I am. No Booster. Neither of us got the booster. And don’t plan on it. She is on an antidepressant so maybe that was a factor. Certain antidepressants are being found to block Covid in studies. I actually just got a text from my wife. She said she is feeling dizzy today and that is supposed to be a symptom. Guess I shouldn’t say she didn’t get it yet. I have probably been contagious up till maybe yesterday which when Dr said I can return to work. The CDC says you are the most contagious the two days before getting symptoms and the first three days of symptoms. And I’m way past that now.
                          This new strain takes 2-3 days to incubate from what I've read compared to 3-5 days for the Delta strain so your wife must just start getting the symptoms now. Make sure she drinks plenty of water, take vitamins and a Tylenol...the worst should be over in 4-6 days.
                          “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• meo
                            VET
                            • Nov 2018

just getting over it. must have been the omi strain, it only lasted about 6 days and I have had worse colds in my life. been vaxxed and boosted but most I know that have gotten it lately have been vaxxed and boosted. at least for me and my wife it was no big deal

Comment

Working...