Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stout1
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by skullsmasher
    yes, when I first started I lost fat and got a little bigger, then i started eating again after I was lean and got bigger and bigger. I have been bigger than i am now. naturally
    Ok, during the first year or so of training will always be the best and be able to do things that you won't be able to do later on when training as your body has adapted and this isn't "new" to it.

How has it been as of late? Fat loss wise? Alot of people, me included, lost fat when I first started lifting with out any diet or cardio, it just does that when we first start lifting. But as we progress our body adapts and it just doesn't "fall" off like it did by lifting.

Comment

• skullsmasher

I have been losing fat noticeably over the last 3 weeks or so. Future no doubt has contributed to this immensly.

Comment

• BigWilly
        • Sep 2004

as I look back...I realize your bf % is rather high...

You really should get on a diet to loose bf and maintain muscle...get down to about 10 % and then start concentrating on building some mass...that's JMHO

BW
        "Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration...and expectation."

Comment

• skullsmasher

actually that is pretty much what Im doing. or at least I think I am....? thats why my carbs are lower.

Comment

• BigWilly
            • Sep 2004

ok makes sense

cut out some of that diary bro.
            "Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration...and expectation."

Comment

• skullsmasher

alright, ill try to substitue it with chicken or tuna, or powder

Comment

• buffness

Originally posted by goes4ever
                as far as I know the protein in dairy is complete protein and CAN BE counted.........where do you think whey comes from?
                very simple, the protein you speak of is filtered with all the works which Is why you pay a nice penny for it. One answer is digestion, second is Processed food. Let me explain. Raw Milk is rich in enzymes and contains all 22 of the essential amino acids, building blocks of life of course . Notice how I said Raw milk, not the processed shit you get from your grocery store. I could go further into it, but that answers that. Why is dairy bad for you when cutting, for one it makes some flat, and a lot of digestion problems with it. The biggest reason why it's a No No is because they are loaded with sugars. Look at milk. one glass has 11plug grams of sugar in them. If your like me and want to get it done right the first time, sugar is out of the question when cutting. The further you go down the line (2%, skim ext, the crappier it gets. I havent gotten through everyones posts on this topic, but I figured I'd start somewhere...

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

ok I'll go with that, but what about cheese?? no sugar.........good protein, some is low fat, you just have to pick the right ones

Comment

• buffness

Originally posted by goes4ever
                    ok I'll go with that, but what about cheese?? no sugar.........good protein, some is low fat, you just have to pick the right ones
                    you should know this, you training with Swole remember he was right about that one

Comment

• goes4ever
                      • Sep 2004

swole allowed cheese

Comment

• buffness

SC
                        is no under-tone. Dairy sucks for cutting, period. Cheese (real cheese, not processed) is okay on occassion, but if your goal is leanness, dairy has to hit the road

Comment

• goes4ever
                          • Sep 2004

well for one he is not cutting strict, he said he wants to add muscle and just cut some fat, to me that is not a strict approach, when he goes to full blown cutting then I agree, no milk, no cheese............nada

Comment

• BigWilly
                            • Sep 2004

I don't count protein from anything but meat and shakes.....and if the off season I do use fat free cottage cheese for night time protein...so I count that.

Comment

• skullsmasher

thanks everyone so far. alright Im gonna try to get this today...

6:30 - 40g whey pro with water
                              8:00 - 1 cups oatmeal and 3 chicken breasts (breasts are small)
                              10:00 - 1 slice turkey (5g pro)
                              11:30 - 2 cans tuna ( about 60g pro)
                              1:30 - Chicken soup (a lot of diced cicken in it with veggies)+ small amount of cottage cheese
                              4:30 - lift
                              PWO- 50g pro with water and some oats
                              6:30- 4 slices turkey + 1 slice whole wheat bread

that was it yesterday. Any opinions?

*EDITED AS DAY PROGRESSED *

Comment

• buffness

see now your on the right track you can have regular flavored oatmeal with your protein shake PWO, or Dextrose. It's up to you. Make sure you get some solid complex carbs in your last meal. As far as protein digestion amount, there is non. I would stick to 1-2g of protein per pound and keep it even throughout your meals..

Comment

Working...