Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrod
    • Jun 2010

If anyone suffers from back pain

I found this online also. They are doing clinical trials.

SB-01 is a peptide-based biologic designed to reduce back pain and improve quality-of-life.
  • OldSwellin
    VET
    • Oct 2023

Originally posted by jrod

https://www.spinebiopharma.com/sb-01
    Very cool info. Thanks for the link

Comment

• Silntrunin
      VET
      • Mar 2023

Interesting. You go to the clinical trials site and you get a huge banner from good ole uncle sam how they don't approve the safety and science of the studies on that site. lol

As someone with chronic back pain I'll be looking into this a little deeper. Thanks for the share.

Comment

• BigTex
        VET
        • Aug 2023

Thanks for the link. I just sent them an email.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Something for our peptide companies to look into. I believe that so many peptides work great.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• BigTex
            VET
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by liftsiron
            Something for our peptide companies to look into. I believe that so many peptides work great.

I had already looked at this peptide when it was in schedule I and II. So I ask my friend in China about getting it synthesized and he said at this time, there was no market for it and the cost would be very high. Maybe after it complete schedule III and IV there will be more interest in it.

My back is destroyed and getting worse every year. I hope these people get back with me.

Update, they did give me a call last night and left a voice mail. So I will be talking with them some time today......I got an appointment for the MRI etc testing next week. I have been approved to participate in the study. Thanks for the link @jrod
            Last edited by BigTex; 01-25-2024, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• BigTex
              VET
              • Aug 2023

Here is how this peptide works

SB-01 is a 7-amino acid peptide that binds to and antagonizes TGFβ1 activity. TGFβ1 is an inflammatory cytokine which is often highly expressed in the degenerated discs (Peng 2006). High TGFβ1 levels within a diseased disc is associated with inflammation, pain mediation, and the degradation of extracellular matrix, causing the disc to lose structural integrity. SB-01 treatment consists of a single intradiscal injection of the diseased disc and antagonizes the overexpression of TGFβ1, which decreases inflammation, pain mediation and promotes the production of extracellular matrix, which improves the structural integrity of the diseased disc (Kwon 2013).

Edit - I got dropped from the clinical trial. Because I had a DVT two years ago, I have to tale a blood thinner called Eliquis. They thought it would be a very high risk having me not take the drug while having the spinal injection. If I stayed on Eliquis and had the spinal injection, it could cause a blood clot in the spine. So even if this peptide works, I will not be able to use it.
              Last edited by BigTex; 01-30-2024, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...