Football player vs Bodybuilder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Football player vs Bodybuilder

Much respect to both these guys, but especially the bodybuilder (Joel Thomas)! I could do all the gear in the world and never come close to this dayyuum!

• Cabo Jo
    Vet
    • Aug 2011

Wasn't very close,33 reps is unreal.

Comment

• choke

Wow...
      Impressive any way you look at it.

And it really really highlights the differences in training modalities. Turn the tables and put that bodybuilder on the football field, and the tables change equally. I'm not fan of football, but they explosive strength used over time is impressive.

Great video. thank you for linking that.

Comment

• bufbiker

I loved it. But on the flip side put them head to head in a three point stance and Joe would get run over. Just saying.
        Great video by the way.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I guess it goes without saying that the football player "looks" natty and probably is, while Joel is jacked bigtime, so comparing the two results is quite unfair. Actually I didn't post bcoz of the comparison, but did so bcoz of how crazy benching 315 x 33 is. I mean I've seen alot of big, strong, freaky guys on gear in my years in various gyms in big cities to hick towns, and I doubt any of them could do that. The best I personally seen was a guy who won a raw bench contest down in VA beach years back - he maxed 525. They then had a reps-contest afterwards, and he benched 315 x 21. 315 x 33 is just insane any way you look at it. Buf you should give it a shot sometime.

Comment

• bufbiker

I'm to old. I have done it for 20 reps as a warm up, beginning at 225x20 as a pre warm up. But my left shoulder has been hurting a lot and feeling slightly out of socket or however it connects. So I don't do anything above eight reps anymore.

Comment

• b52
              • Oct 2006

Put it up like it was nothing

Comment

Working...