Feel DEAD after working out

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Feel DEAD after working out

Good thing I'm retired, bcoz I can't even FATHOM going to work in conjuction with hitting the iron. I had this syndrome even when I was younger, but nothing to this extent. I mean, after a leg or back day, I go home, shower, eat & immediately have to lay down and I'm out like a light and sleep for 1.5 - 2 hours. I feel the same, but not as bad, even on chest, delt or arm day. I mean have NO energy whatsoever - feel like a zombie. But once I wake-up, I'm good to go. Some of you old school vets to peak & back to the IT days may remember me posting about how I have to take that nap immediate after a workout. Like I said, it's nothing new, just the magnitude of it has changed. Years ago I used to think it was the pre-w.o ephedrine buzz wearing off making me feel so fatigued, but I haven't used eph in many years, so that can't be it. Could it just be that I go so all-out in the gym that it's normal to feel dead when done? Anybody else get anything like this?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I need an early afternoon nap sometimes a couple hours after my morning workout, I just run out of gas.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• bufbiker

After legs I have to nap for a couple of hours. Not sure if it's relevant, I think it is, but a few years ago I did a stress test. The treadmill one. I completed the entire test including the last two minutes of an all out sprint. As they checked my blood pressure it kept getting lower and lower until it bottomed out at 80/50. They were giving me water to drink and salted peanuts to eat. As they were getting ready to rush me across the street to the emergency room I refused, stood up and stated walking around like you do between sets of heavy squats. My blood pressure started climbing back up and I went back to work. They never figured out why that happened, but I think I know. My legs were so pumped after the stress test that my legs were hogging all the blood and instead of walking it off like I do in the gym I just sat there with my legs hanging off the exam table hindering normal blood flow.
      My point to all this is maybe the legs get so pumped and require so much blood the brain gets deprived so you feel wiped out. Of course my brain is deprived on a normal day, so who knows. We could all just be too old to be doing what we do. Maybe it's time to just stick to the treadmill for thirty minutes then go home.

Comment

• bufbiker

Here's when you know it's bad. I was doing seated military press and fell asleep sitting leaning across the bar. That was a rough set.

Comment

• HDH
          • Jun 2015

Hell, I enjoy a good nap after a tough session. Hit legs this morning and didn't have much of a choice.

H

Comment

• DRveejay11
            • Jul 2013

Pssshhh. I do 26-mile runs after leg day ....fasted

Weak ass beeeetches

Comment

• bufbiker

I prefer the term old fart beaches.

Comment

• HDH
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by **********
                Pssshhh. I do 26-mile runs after leg day ....fasted

Weak ass beeeetches

Must be during the nap

H

Comment

• b52
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HDH
                  Must be during the nap

H
                  lmao, I get like that sometimes, and you got some years on me(no offense) but some days you just have to lay down after. I'll get spasms after a hard workout, and I just feel beat, and I'll just crash. Never end up taking a nap though, I probably should.

IT was a good time while it was around. A lot of good bros, wish they were still posting.
                  Last edited by b52; 06-15-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

I've had this happen and it depends on how far I push it. If you gotta sleep for two hours youve taxed your Cns big time. I don't know if it's good to do this four or five times a week or not. For me that would be an overtraining situation. But it's obviously wiodking for you two big fellers so press on.

Comment

• goin4275
                      VET
                      • Jan 2007

I say nap it up big dawg. Them shits are healthy for the brain
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

Comment

• HDH
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Darkness
                        I've had this happen and it depends on how far I push it. If you gotta sleep for two hours youve taxed your Cns big time. I don't know if it's good to do this four or five times a week or not. For me that would be an overtraining situation. But it's obviously wiodking for you two big fellers so press on.
                        I know I tax the shit outta mine. I do a lot of supers, trisets and giants. Even for leg day.

Towards the end of some of my sessions, you would think I'm going through a bout of parkinsons in my sets.

It's like anything else though, working that hard doesn't require as much time and weeks of slowing down help. When I start to feel like I've been hit by a truck upon waking, it's time to slow down and let my body catch back up.

H

Comment

Working...