X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bananas
    Vet
    • Nov 2005

ankle sprain. your experiences?

I sprained my ankle 30 days ago. Inversion sprain.

Eventhough its better, than what it was initially I am still far from 100%.

Plantar Flex ROM is only 65% ish... I cant hop run, squat or walk with heavy dumbells back to the bench pain free.

I can walk normal without much discomfort.

There was no bruising or swelling. Xrays were negative and MRI shows a Grade 2 ATFL sprain.

I was doing physical therapy at home and just officially started PT at a rehab facility. How long will it take before I can be at my pre injury strength, can run squat and deadlifts?
    Last edited by Bananas; 05-12-2015, 12:49 PM.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

It's hard to say how long long before fully recovered sprains can take six months or more.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• MR. BMJ
      • Apr 2006

I agree with lifts, sprained ankles can take forever to heal....in a lot/some cases.

Comment

• choke

Are you icing it at all? My speciality is twisting and choking things (read: people). Or getting wrenched...

Sprains and injuries on the ankles are one of the worst. So much so, that attacks on those joints are banned even at advanced levels in many of the major grappling competitions around the world.

The old cold/hot therapy does work, quite well. Especially cold therapy.

Have you heard of cryotherapy? You stand in a tank that is way way way below zero, or three minutes, to the point of hypothermia, and you losing the ability to talk... Then you slowly re-heat. The cold goes to the bone bro. Literally... and it does an amazing job of getting rid of inflammation.

I am speaking from experience. I go regularly, especially after an advanced level BJJ class, where it feels like you've kissed a freight train when class is done; and once done with the cryo, you can't tell you've been hit.

Give it a try. It'll work.

Comment

Working...