Yates, Ray & Levrone talk gear

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

Very interesting stuff to read. But like SR said it has nothing to do with me because I'm me, not him, with different genes, different goals, different environment, and I work full time. So we've got to keep all that in mind when reading this. But still very entertaining at the least.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Here's part 3 where they discuss cycles. Shawn's being a pussy and don't say any details at all. Yates goes into high detail, and Kev also:

I used GH during my contest phases. The first times I used it were for the 1991 Night of Champions and Mr. Olympia shows. I used four IU a day while I was dieting, and I can’t say I noticed much difference adding it in. For my off-season in 1992....

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

Dorian's contest prep ain't nothing crazy. those are low doses by anyone's means.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by b52
          Dorian's contest prep ain't nothing crazy. those are low doses by anyone's means.
          Yeah. Keep in mind though this was 20-25 years back. Again, some may call me naive, but I buy it. I use myself as a barometer and remember how big and jacked I was when running 750mg test, 600mg deca & 400mg tren e. That was by FAR my largest cycle ever, and I was 275 and pretty hard around 12%. And that was only 1 cycle of 12 weeks. I actually had to stop the deca & tren early in that cycle bcoz of waking up to piss 6x a night - was scared of prostate issues. Anyways, I can only imagine how I would have looked running a few cycles a year like that, year in and year out. Now throw in some GH, and most important, throw in genetics of a superfreak like Dorian, and yes indeed, I CAN see it. It's all genetics - I've seen many guys running the amount I mention above, and yet l looked better than them when only running test @ 250mg ew. Hell, I've seen guys running 1 g ew and I looked better than them when I was natty haha. Not trying to boast, just making a point of how genetics indeed is everything, and gear capitalizes on it.

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
            Yeah. Keep in mind though this was 20-25 years back. Again, some may call me naive, but I buy it. I use myself as a barometer and remember how big and jacked I was when running 750mg test, 600mg deca & 400mg tren e. That was by FAR my largest cycle ever, and I was 275 and pretty hard around 12%. And that was only 1 cycle of 12 weeks. I actually had to stop the deca & tren early in that cycle bcoz of waking up to piss 6x a night - was scared of prostate issues. Anyways, I can only imagine how I would have looked running a few cycles a year like that, year in and year out. Now throw in some GH, and most important, throw in genetics of a superfreak like Dorian, and yes indeed, I CAN see it. It's all genetics - I've seen many guys running the amount I mention above, and yet l looked better than them when only running test @ 250mg ew. Hell, I've seen guys running 1 g ew and I looked better than them when I was natty haha. Not trying to boast, just making a point of how genetics indeed is everything, and gear capitalizes on it.
            Absolutely agree. I know a set of twins that are natty and they are friggin big! They just put on muscle easily. some people have it easy, while others have to work harder for it.

Comment

• A.B
              VET
              • Jun 2004

Priest has done interviews on his doses and he is relatively the same and I absolutely believe it. Most of these pros are freak responders to the sauce. An old friend of mine years ago ran the exact the cycle- he's an ultra responder- he fckn looked phenomenal. My gains were decent but the difference was huge. That's why we have such freaks on the stage these years ultra responders taking the cycles to the max in some cases- Kai Ronnie rammy

Comment

• goldengirl

Thanks for the articles! They were a cool read. There's a part of me that hopes in 20-25 years BBers like Kai, Jay, and even DLB will talk about the cycle they were on.
                Idk about you guys but I always find stack details fascinating: to see what quantities of gear people took and why cause it wouldn't really be a secret if everyone reacted the same to different drugs, let's be honest!

Comment

• HDH
                  • Jun 2015

Third was the better of the three.

Honestly, I can't really say what they used. I do believe that running the super high shit isn't necessary just from my own experience.

It's really a mindset to me and I think anyone that's really puts the training and diet above all else for gains will feel the same way.

The slin and GH have done more for me faster than any heavy cycle. I just don't see any real difference in running moderate to heavy.

H

Comment

• bufbiker

Great read on the third article DPH. I agree SR wimped out. But who knows what had happened in the previous weeks leading up to the interview. Maybe an acquaintance had a heat attack or stroke from too much anadrol or whatever. My impression is Shawn was a mega doser and just didn't want anyone to do what he did. I know Shawn and Flex were close and Flex has had his health issues over the years.
                    But overall I enjoyed reading this. Thanks Hank.

Comment

• Glycomann

One guy I knew pretty well back in the day came close to turning Pro and might have if not for an accident. He won the Jr Nationals in the early 80s. By the early 90s I know he was on a lot of stuff. The guy he lived with was one of my close friends. He said the guy had three empty syringes in the basket every morning. That was by the early 90s. Then I knew a Lebanese kid back in the late 90s. The kid would barely take anything and blow up really fast. Some guys respond better than others. In this thread we are talking about three of the top elites of all time. Probably at that level you pretty much have to be special in a number of ways and one of those probably more often than not is great response to AAS.

Comment

• theprince
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2015

It may be something else but I just enjoyed the article so much..

When Shawn and Yates were so confident in their genetic potential and able to get to 235 lbs shredded diced and tight at 5'10" with 15 mg of anavar, 200 mg primo and a swig of testosterone.

Haha I like Shawn Ray though he just needs to be praised and then he will be your best friend

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

4th and final part - good stuff again...

Comment

Working...