Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > HGH, IGF-1, Insulin and Thyroid
User Name
Password

Old 09-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
ESTROGEN GUY
VET

ESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura about
HGH ONCE A DAY OR TWICE (STUDY)

Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1994 Sep;41(3):337-43.
Metabolic effects of growth hormone administered subcutaneously once or twice daily to growth hormone deficient adults.
Laursen T1, Jørgensen JO, Christiansen JS.
Author information

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
The aim of this study was to compare the metabolic effects of GH administered subcutaneously either once or twice daily. The actions of GH might depend upon a pulsatile pattern of serum GH. Pulsatile and continuous intravenous delivery of GH, however, induce similar short-term metabolic effects in GH deficient patients. An improved growth response is obtained in GH deficient children when a fixed weekly GH dose is administered by daily subcutaneous injections instead of twice or thrice-weekly intramuscular injections. A more pulsatile pattern and serum GH levels above zero might be achieved by further increasing the injection frequency. Increased daytime GH levels might, however, adversely affect the circadian patterns of metabolic indices, which have been demonstrated to be more successfully reproduced by evening compared with morning GH administration.
DESIGN AND MEASUREMENTS:
In a cross-over study, 8 GH deficient patients (age 16-43 years) were treated with 3 IU/m2/24 h of human GH. The dose was injected in the evening for 4 weeks and for another 4 weeks two-thirds was injected in the evening and one-third in the morning. At the end of each period the patients were admitted to the hospital for 37 hours. Steady-state profiles of GH, IGF-I, IGF binding proteins 1 and 3, insulin, glucose, lipid intermediates and metabolites were obtained following administration of 3 IU/m2 of GH (at 1900 h (one injection) and at 1900 and 0800 h (two injections)).
RESULTS:
Similar mean integrated levels of serum GH (mU/l) were obtained (7.46 +/- 0.84 (one injection) vs 6.46 +/- 0.62 (two injections) (P = 0.15)). Mean levels +/- SEM of serum IGF-I (micrograms/l) were significantly increased (P < 0.01) following two daily GH injections (330.3 +/- 48.1 (one injection) vs 399.1 +/- 53.0 (two injections)). Serum IGFBP-3 levels were not significantly different on the two occasions, while levels of the GH independent IGFBP-1 (micrograms/l) were slightly but significantly lower following twice-daily GH injections (1.61 +/- 0.42 vs 1.13 +/- 0.56, respectively (P < 0.04)). The pattern of IGFBP-1 was opposite to that of insulin. Similar levels of insulin and glucose were obtained with both GH regimens, while levels of non-esterified fatty acids were significantly higher following once-daily GH injection (P < 0.001).
CONCLUSIONS:
Twice-daily GH injections, apart from producing a more physiological serum GH profile, were superior to one injection in increasing serum IGF-I and decreasing IGFBP-1 levels. Both of these changes tend to amplify the effects of the administered GH. Twice-daily injections, however, resulted in lower night-time levels of lipid intermediates.

Last edited by ESTROGEN GUY; 09-18-2018 at 05:42 PM..
ESTROGEN GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
I liked it best when I did 2-3 times daily. I was doing 7 total so 3/2/2 injections...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
Strongisland631
Vet

Strongisland631 is on a distinguished road
Once right when you wake up and once before bed.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #4
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Great read.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongisland631 View Post
Once right when you wake up and once before bed.
I know when users administer twice daily injections this is most likely the protocol. But I have read that GH injection prior to bed interferes with the body's own secretion GH production.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
I read a study less that two weeks ago and the conclusion was it made no difference. I will see if I can find it and post it up.

I guess that is why they call it "practicing" medicine.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #7
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer View Post
I know when users administer twice daily injections this is most likely the protocol. But I have read that GH injection prior to bed interferes with the body's own secretion GH production.
It's gonna interfere with it anyway. Your pituitary doesn't secrete it if it's being injected. Same thing as your balls shutting off when you take test. This is why things like ghrp's are important.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote