Vet
    • Oct 2007

One more
    Attached Files

Comment

• reps
      Vet
      • Oct 2007

I'm shooting for 220 but I feel way better at this weight. Still almost as strong.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

Lookin' good bro! You oughta post a before-pic. I remember how heavy you was, but some of the newer guys prolly don't. You was thick AF but had a gut IIRC. Your waist looks much better now Good job reps!

I remember at my biggest was around 275, and while strong af and big af, got winded way too easy. Clothes was a bitch to fit. Also, had no abs. When I downsized to 245-250 I had abs, and not only looked way better, but like you, felt a ton better. I felt so light on my feet being 25-30lbs less, I had a spring in my step when I walked haha.
        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• reps
          Vet
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          Lookin' good bro! You oughta post a before-pic. I remember how heavy you was, but some of the newer guys prolly don't. You was thick AF but had a gut IIRC. Your waist looks much better now Good job reps!

I remember at my biggest was around 275, and while strong af and big af, got winded way too easy. Clothes was a bitch to fit. Also, had no abs. When I downsized to 245-250 I had abs, and not only looked way better, but like you, felt a ton better. I felt so light on my feet being 25-30lbs less, I had a spring in my step when I walked haha.
          Yeah bro it's an amazing difference. I'll train till I die. I'm still active in wrestling and boxing just not competing anymore and what a difference. Ty bro hope all is well. I'm not sure i got any before pics I'll try to locate one lol

Comment

• reps
            Vet
            • Oct 2007

I'm gonna post a pic from last summer its embarrassing how bad I let myself go. I still trained but ate like shit and too much
            Attached Files

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

Nice man. Ya, that extra weight can slow you down a bit. I was the fat smelly kid in school, lol I've been just over 270 with no muscle. Just a blob. Never hit a gym till around 30. My ass wouldn't take pictures and the ones that were out there I got rid of. I sure wish I would have kept some for before and after.

I'm assuming your training is light to moderate by the name?

Comment

• reps
                Vet
                • Oct 2007

More nowadays every once in a while I'll do doubles or triples. But I still got 315 for 15 the other day. The same day I took pictures It was a good day. It kinda sucks with my chest tear I offset my grip approx 1.5 inches to do my heavy stuff. It's weird but it works
                Last edited by reps; 06-21-2020, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Jhntruevine
                  VET
                  • Mar 2020

Excellent work brother, very impressive. I was 400lbs in 2007 & he to make a change myself.
                  https://supremelabsusa.com/

Comment

• HDH
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by reps
                    More nowadays every once in a while I'll do doubles or triples. But I still got 315 for 15 the other day. The same day I took pictures It was a good day. It kinda sucks with my chest tear I offset my grip approx 1.5 inches to do my heavy stuff. It's weird but it works
                    LOL, even close to 315 is a distant memory for me. I'm pretty strong but not 1RM strong, my endurance makes up for it though. I need a hip replacement and my shoulders have been shot for some time. Where there's a will there's a way.

The offset is perfectly logical.

Comment

• HDH
                      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Jhntruevine
                      Excellent work brother, very impressive. I was 400lbs in 2007 & he to make a change myself.
                      That's impressive as well bro.

Comment

• A.B
                        VET
                        • Jun 2004

Amazing progress brother. The before and after is a huge change. And still looking thick.

I’m the same the lighter I am the healthier I feel. 220-230 for me is perfect

Comment

• reps
                          Vet
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by A.B
                          Amazing progress brother. The before and after is a huge change. And still looking thick.

I’m the same the lighter I am the healthier I feel. 220-230 for me is perfect
                          Yeah the older I get the more I concentrate on health. That picture from last summer was the absolutely worst I've ever looked. I usually always stayed in shape. I just said fuck it for 6 months and did nothing no training no supplements just took a break. I'm glad I did because it gave me a total new perspective on life and health ty brother

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                            • May 2019

Originally posted by reps
                            That's crazy that you're still benching 315 x 15. We gonna have to nickname you "Lil Rough" haha.

You're in your 50's now right? Do you have any shoulder/RC issues with all those heavy benches over the years? I remember back when you and I joined at IT - you was benching 315 x 20 then I believe and that was almost 20 years ago. I'm guessing you had to have around a 500 max bench (or more) then, bcoz my best with 315 back in the day was for 13 reps, and my max was 435.
                            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• reps
                              Vet
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                              That's crazy that you're still benching 315 x 15. We gonna have to nickname you "Lil Rough" haha.

You're in your 50's now right? Do you have any shoulder/RC issues with all those heavy benches over the years? I remember back when you and I joined at IT - you was benching 315 x 20 then I believe and that was almost 20 years ago. I'm guessing you had to have around a 500 max bench (or more) then, bcoz my best with 315 back in the day was for 13 reps, and my max was 435.
                              I'm 46 and I'm lucky I got big joints and bones. Definitely not the bber look. I hit 500 before no shirt either never went higher kinda wish I did but. Like I said longevity is the goal. My youngest is 13 now kids a beast all american multiple times in wrestling. Pulled 225 today deadlift just missed 245 at 115. Just starting puberty. So my glory years are done. I let him do a little boxing no sparring yet. I'm still fucked from years in the ring. I blink a lot. He at least at the same gym kattar trains at. And a couple top new England mma and boxers. It's cool. It's all about him now

Comment

Working...