Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #31
bufbiker

Did shoulders and back this evening.
Trained at hoe so had to go lighter on the Military presses as my squat rack is not made for anything but squats. Hard to get bar out of rack.
Standing military press - 315x10, 315x12, 315x10, 315x10, 315x8
dead Lifts - 635x1, 675x1 (strained where left ham connects to glute on this set), tried 675 again but too much pain.
Did one more set with 585x1.
I probably didn't warm up properly before the deads. just jumped right on them like A BIG DUMMY.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #32
bufbiker

Tried stretching out this morning and still pulling on hammy. not hurting, but then I haven't tried to lift anything.
Will probably give it a day or so; get past the New Years stuff.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
bufbiker

Worked on my bench this afternoon.
Warm ups, 455x1, 505x1, 525x1, 535x1, 510x1
inclines - 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 455x1, 455x1

On the 535 I stalled out mid way up. Had my wife spotting me and I'm yelling at her not to touch the bar. It scared me pretty good but then adrenaline kicked in and it went up pretty smoothly.
My wife had sort of psyched me out a bit telling me that was too much weight for me and I was going to hurt myself.
I need a new spotter. She is FIRED!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #34
bufbiker

Worked Legs yesterday.
Did 5 working sets
warm ups, 405x20, 495x15, 585x5, 635x3, 675x1
Then I did some leg extensions and leg curls 3 sets each. I just can't shake the BB mentality sometimes.
My wife went with me, one of her new years goals, which is good. But she asked me who the woman staring at me from the leg press machine was. I had no clue what she was talking about. I tried to explain to her that people that work out are going to be staring at guys like me. I'm 5'7", 248-253lbs, 10% +or- bf. People are going to stare. Shees! When I get ready to do a set sometimes everyone will stop what they are doing to watch. It just goes with the territory I guess.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #35
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
Impressive log. These are big raw lifts folks!
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #36
Jumperz
Vet

Jumperz has a spectacular aura aboutJumperz has a spectacular aura about
loll id probably watch too!!
and she only askes this after 17 years of marriage! damn your good at hiding it haha
Jumperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #37
bufbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
loll id probably watch too!!
and she only askes this after 17 years of marriage! damn your good at hiding it haha
She just started going to the gym recently and only goes once every couple of months, if that. She's not into fitness or anything else like that. Which is okay by me. I like her soft areas!
18 years of marriage and 30 years together (since 82 in June).

Buddy of mine died so went to viewing last night and will perform funeral for him today. Full blown biker funeral with weapons fired off, his motorcycle being revved up over his grave and all. Should be a fun day but a long day.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #38
bufbiker

Didn't really train yesterday, more like I played around. i talked too much in the gym, no real sense of urgency, no real intensity. but I was doing arms, so no big deal as far as comp prep goes.
Olympic Bar Curls/supersetted with skull crushers
175x10/12, x10/12, x10/12, x10/12
Preacher curls/supersetted with close grip bench. 150lbs plus EZ bar on preachers/405on the close grip.
Failure(17-18)/8, 15/8, 12/8, 10/8
Then did some wrist curls then hammer wrist curls.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #39
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
^^^ Looks like a hell of an arm workout to me
Old 01-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #40
BikerTrash
Vet

BikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to beholdBikerTrash is a splendid one to behold
I cant even fathom putting up the weight that your moving around , Geesh I need you in my gym to kick my ass and push me harder.
Logs like this are impressive as hell and I remember your stats and you must just look like a Gorillia full of muscles buldging everywhere.
At some point you should post a pic even if its in a Tee shirt to cover any tattoo's you dont want seen ,those Lb's your moving is awesome
BikerTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
bufbiker

Chest Training Day
Warm-ups, 405x12, 455x8, 505x3, 525x2
45 degree Inclines - 405x10 for 4 sets (Had to pause between last several reps.)
That was the entrity of the workout. About an hour to do 8 sets.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #42
Shovel
VET

Shovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to behold
I remember when you broke 500 and weighed just over 200lbs! Cock strong mofo...
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #43
bufbiker

Better living through chemistry.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #44
bufbiker

Dead Lift Training this evening.
Strength is far greater than my grip so I'm working mainly on that and having proper form.
deads - 495x8, 545x5, 585x1 (lost my grip after I had it locked out), 585x1 (perfect form on this one)
Standing Military Presses using squat rack - 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 405x1, 355x1
That was all on the work out.
EQ is starting to kick in. I'm in week 7 of it (week 49 total this run).
Was sitting in my financial planners office this afternoon with my wife going over our portfolio with the guy from Ed. Jones and my stomach was howling like a banshee. Very loud and embarrassing. It was 4:00pm and I had eaten 4 times today, pretty large meals.
I just finished my workout, and drinking a post work out shake and my stomach is still growling. Time to go eat meal #6 I guess, I'm starving!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #45
Darkness

Those are some great deads. How do you plan to increase your grip? Obviously you are using reverse grip right