Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Covid casualty

I just learned a friend of mine is losing her gym. It is a tough business and the shutdown is putting her 5 years of work struggle to keep it viable out of reach. She will close permanently.😡
Old 05-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all

She is one of many I'm sure. It sucks.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
So unfortunate. I don't think our politicians realized what this 'shutdown' would do to the small businesses. I know of many small locally owned restaurants that have had to permanently close because of the shutdown.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:41 AM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
It's going to be hard for many business's to recoup. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon, several very promising trails going on. We can't stay shut down forever regardless.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:15 AM   #5
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
sucks to hear of a gym closing

Hope she finds a way to make it work
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #6
zillagraybeard
VET

zillagraybeard is on a distinguished road
Powerhouse Gym in Louisville KY is closing as well.
zillagraybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Yeah the shutdown really fcked small business here in Canada. open everything up and make sure good hygiene is available to everyone to avoid a massive out break. Government should put the money to buy masks. Sanitizer. Gloves etc and make it avail to all business to succeed.
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #8
Jhntruevine
VET

Jhntruevine is on a distinguished road
This a shitty situation all around but I would like to have the freedom to workout if I chose to do so & I believe in supporting smaller gyms. So if anyone is paying for PF or the bigger chains when they open back up go support a private gym for better service & a cleaner environment. I have a free PF membership that my boss pays for but I have my own membership at Brick Bodies & that's the gym ill be returning to when they open.
Jhntruevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:39 AM   #9
AlphaMale
VET

AlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really nice
That really sucks.
I think it’s a shame that what state you live in could be the determining factor as to whether your business can survive or not.
Where I live even the tanning salons are already open again.
A lot of gyms operate on a very narrow profit margin, too.
I’m not a big fan of some of these governors using the pandemic as a training exercise in totalitarianism, either.
AlphaMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #10
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
This cover thing has accelerated the phenomenon of large billion $ corporations getting bigger and stronger as the little guy small businesses are destroyed. This just advanced it ten years. Look at all the sheeple carrying their stimulus checks into Walmart while small businesses are shuttered. Big box stores have had their best quarters ever.
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:20 PM   #11
Chooch
VET

Chooch will become famous soon enoughChooch will become famous soon enough
Our governor still has us on lockdown. Meanwhile his cabinet business and any company that supports it is deemed “esential” and remains open. People are getting very tired of him and his BS. Sorry to hear about your friend but I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a lot more stories like this coming.
Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #12
Roc
VET

Roc is on a distinguished road
30 golds shit down, retro fitness closed two near me, I think it’s gonna be a dark world for bb in the future.
Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:11 AM   #13
lannguyen2020
Banned

lannguyen2020 is on a distinguished road
👿
lannguyen2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #14
Massive G
VET

Massive G has a spectacular aura aboutMassive G has a spectacular aura about
I really hope the people hold these governors and politicians accountable that are keeping businesses shut down.
None of the experts are correct have been or will be.
I fear the world we will wake up to soon, so many businesses gone and people unemployed.
Politicians letting criminals out of jail for fear of COVID infection and then on the flip side locking people up issuing citations and revoking business licenses to tighten their fists.
How can you call pot shops and liquor stores and lottery tickets essential?
Oh yea right they bring in tons of taxes. We were out yesterday shopping where we could, and my wife was driving and freaking out with all the traffic. LOL
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #15
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
I was glad to see the main gym I go to put some money in the place. It's an independent gym that used to be a Golds. There were 2 in town but they sold out and the guy that bought them took the best equipment from both places and put them at one.

Great place, they even opened it up 24 hours with a scan key to get in. I was hoping they would make it through. I've seen 3 owners over the last 10 or 15 years so I was concerned.

I have PF and YF memberships but they are best for cardio, tanning and training if I'm in a rush.
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote