Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
bufbiker

Starting Prep for PL Meet

I'm changing my training routine for power lifting meet in Feb.
Feel free to comment, critique, not criticize, and help with any adjustments you think are essential.

Gear I'm currently on per week: 1000mg Test E, 1000mg Bold U, 400mg Deca (slowly tapering off from the 1000mg I was doing), 50mg T-bol per day.

Caloric intake around 4500-5000 a day with a 50/30/20 ratio of protein/carbs/fats.
My diet is not 100% clean, but I don't care if anyone can see my abs at this point, but I'm still eating pretty clean with the occassional cheat meal.

Stats: 5'7"
248lbs, BF% 10 using calipers.
Age 55
Training 28 years

My lifts will be the main three, no Olympic lifts just Squat, Bench, Dead Lift.
Goal - 2200lb total.

Today did flat bench. Stayed relatively light since it was raining, and I train alone.
Did 2 warm-up sets of light weight with reps to loosen up the old joints. Then did 6 sets total of working weight.
405x12, 455x8, 455x8, 455x6, 455x6
None of these were legal reps, but no bouncing, just slow controlled negatives with explosive push up from bottom.
Last set did 10 power reps at 405, resting bar for count of three on chest before pushing it up.

Was going to do inclines at 45 degree angle to focus more on shoulders but it was getting too dark and rain got harder.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

You sound thick as a gorilla with those stats...killa power too. Post a pic bro.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Khem
Vet

Khem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
You sound thick as a gorilla with those stats...killa power too. Post a pic bro.
This. You sound hawt.

Last edited by bufbiker; 12-13-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Khem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
bufbiker

Shoulders and Back this evening

Standing Military Presses - using squat rack
315x10, 315x10, 315x8, 315x8, 315x6
Seated D-bell MP's (120 lb) x10, x10, x10, x8, x6
Did some single rep dead Lifts
545x1, x1, x1 (No straps, just a belt) Trying to build up my grip for heavier weights.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Jumperz
Vet

Jumperz has a spectacular aura aboutJumperz has a spectacular aura about
Are you leaning on more advice towards your drugs or training buf?
or both??
Jumperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
I assume you are training raw? You doing the meet raw?

Do you plan to adjust the drugs closer to the meet?

How do you address training at max effort on bench and squat training alone with the kind of weight you are moving? Very curious on this one.

Do you have any days in your training schedule with bands?

Looking at your stats you arent built like a typical PLer but you are strong as hell nontheless
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
bufbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I assume you are training raw? You doing the meet raw?

Do you plan to adjust the drugs closer to the meet?

How do you address training at max effort on bench and squat training alone with the kind of weight you are moving? Very curious on this one.

Do you have any days in your training schedule with bands?

Looking at your stats you arent built like a typical PLer but you are strong as hell nontheless
I used to be built like a PL'er back in the day but cleaned up my diet due to my Dr's scolding. I actually look more like a ...choke...choke body builder.
Yes I train raw and will compete raw agaist guys in power suits, bench shirts, wrist straps, knee wraps etc.
As far as adjustment of the drugs, The deca I am tapering off, meet time I will be on 1000mg+ of test, 800mg Eq, and will add tren E at 600mg a week, with anavar as an oral. Will probably add adrol two weeks before meet also.
Max reps, truth be told I am probably not maxxing. But since I train alone I pyramid up. This allows me to be comfortable with the weight. In other words if I hit 505 three times then I know I can hit 520 once.
At the meet since I get three lifts I'll do my first lift at around 525, something I know I can get, then my next two attemps I'll try to increase the weight used.
With squats it's not such a problem since I have the squat rack to spot me. Usually at the gym there is a crowd of people watching me train legs anyway, so finding a spotter is not an issue.
As far as bands go, I began all my training in prison so there were no bands, boards or any other convenience. Just iron and wood with a blanket for padding. I still train like I was on the weight pile in prison.
Any advice is welcome.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufbiker View Post
Yes I train raw and will compete raw agaist guys in power suits, bench shirts, wrist straps, knee wraps etc.
May I ask why? I mean, why risk losing out to a dude that can only raw bench 455, but with his shirt might put up another 75-100lbs? Even more with the squat. Certainly not fair for you brah. Shit with a shirt you'd probably put up 650+. If you're in it to win it, might as well use all tools available right?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufbiker View Post
I used to be built like a PL'er back in the day but cleaned up my diet due to my Dr's scolding. I actually look more like a ...choke...choke body builder.
As far as adjustment of the drugs, The deca I am tapering off, meet time I will be on 1000mg+ of test, 800mg Eq, and will add tren E at 600mg a week, with anavar as an oral. Will probably add adrol two weeks before meet also.
Max reps, truth be told I am probably not maxxing. But since I train alone I pyramid up. This allows me to be comfortable with the weight. In other words if I hit 505 three times then I know I can hit 520 once.
At the meet since I get three lifts I'll do my first lift at around 525, something I know I can get, then my next two attemps I'll try to increase the weight used.
With squats it's not such a problem since I have the squat rack to spot me. Usually at the gym there is a crowd of people watching me train legs anyway, so finding a spotter is not an issue.
As far as bands go, I began all my training in prison so there were no bands, boards or any other convenience. Just iron and wood with a blanket for padding. I still train like I was on the weight pile in prison.
Any advice is welcome.
I got you on the training method. You might find that 1 rep maxes every 3 weeks might send your strength up higher than otherwise.

I asked about the bands just because I am a believer in this method. I am no expert, and am on the weak side of average pertaining to strength, but I got into some training with bands, supervised by knowledgeable guys, and had a significant increase in lifts.

Otherwise, the tren E sweetspot kick in for me on strength is about 8 weeks for max, so you might consider adding that in accordingly.

I like to see people compete raw against equipped.
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
Shovel
VET

Shovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
May I ask why? I mean, why risk losing out to a dude that can only raw bench 455, but with his shirt might put up another 75-100lbs? Even more with the squat. Certainly not fair for you brah. Shit with a shirt you'd probably put up 650+. If you're in it to win it, might as well use all tools available right?
I agree DPH...
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
bufbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I got you on the training method. You might find that 1 rep maxes every 3 weeks might send your strength up higher than otherwise.

I asked about the bands just because I am a believer in this method. I am no expert, and am on the weak side of average pertaining to strength, but I got into some training with bands, supervised by knowledgeable guys, and had a significant increase in lifts.

Otherwise, the tren E sweetspot kick in for me on strength is about 8 weeks for max, so you might consider adding that in accordingly.

I like to see people compete raw against equipped.
My thinking on the timeing as well. I know week 6 is when it really kicks in full strength so by week 8 it's balls to the wall strong as a bull strength.

As far as competing raw, I'm 55 and got nothing to prove to no one. I've been a person who was feared and respected by people just because of the tatoos on my body or the vest i wore. I've been rich, I've been poor. I've done just about everything I've ever wanted to do (except Pamela Anderson back in her prime).
But there is one thing I still want to prove, that you can still lift big without all the equipment. To me it's cheating.
When you wear a bench shirt you can't even lay the bar down on your chest. You have to literally pull the bar down to your chest. And pushing the weight up it pushes you right through that crucial moment when you're pushing rested weight off of your chest.
You lift 500+ with a shirt, I'm going to do it with nothing but pure strength.
As far as a power suit, my balls hurt.

Rest day today. Back just a bit sore from deads. Usual soreness, nothing bad. Hands are sore too. T-bol and test are helping with recovery nicely though. Eq has not kicked in yet. Only in week 3 of it so far.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
Shovel
VET

Shovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to beholdShovel is a splendid one to behold
Fair enough...
Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
bufbiker

Busted my butt at work today. Came home 8 pounds lighter after eating all my meals and drinking plenty of water. So no work out this afternoon.
Any training would have been counter-productive.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
bufbiker

Been MIA since fridaty morning. Had some issues at work. Thought I was getting canned for losing my cool with an idiot who happens to be my boss. I picked up a solid oak framed couch and threw it across the room. Stupid me.
But instead of egtting fired I was put in charge of a 35 mil high rise contruction project. But my job is posted on the internet, so still a bit unsure of what is going on.
Sunday did some one rep sets on squats.
Warm-ups then - 585x1, 675x1, 675x1, 675x1, 675x1
Wanted to go up to 700lbs but was at home standing in the dirt with a not very good rack. Just didn't want to get hurt so I stayed in my comfort zone.
Sore today and figure my bench will be affected because of it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
bufbiker

Did modifies bench training today.
Flat - warm-ups, 455x6, 475x4, 495x1, 505x1, 525x1, 525x1, 405x6 power pushes
Inclies 45 degrees - 315x10, 365x6, 405x4