Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Training Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
cjas

cjas is on a distinguished road
Ladies Post up!

I know you're out there!!

I thought starting a thread to get to know a little more about our female members would be a great way to understand your experiences and be able to help each other out a little more.

What are your goals?
How long have you trained?
Do you take any supps?

So please ladies, start posting!
cjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
cjas

I'll start!

I have been in the weight room since high school sports, but didn't start getting really serious until about 5 years ago. Since then I have dropped an enormous amount of wieght (more than I care to share....) gotten stronger, and more muscluar.

My goal has always been to compete in bodybuilding, my one true passion... As time went on, my strength increased and I was talked into a bench press competition. I did it and took 1st place in my weight division.

It was a great experience and a wonderful way to "start" competing in a sport I love so much.

As I'm sure you know, I plan on doing a Bodybuilding show in October.... I am still worried I won't be far enough along, but I'm taking it day by day... That's all I can do..

I was natural for many, many years and got introduced to a.a.s. about a year ago. I didn't really know what I was taking and what it would do for me, so I decided to educate myself. I read a lot of information and feel like I got a better sense of what I could accomplish.

Things didn't really start tying in for me until I met Deacon. He was working out at my gym and we ended up having a great discussion on supp's that would advance me in the direction I wanted to go... The bodybuilding stage..

He is also the one that turned me onto Premier. One of the best boards I've seen..

As I progress I am getting more respect in the gym, especially from the male members. That is an accomplishment in itself, because as a woman, it's hard to be looked at an equal level sometimes in the gym.. Notice I said sometimes?

I plan on competing as a heavyweight female because of my stats which are 5'6, will be at competition 160lbs, 28 years old, 14 in biceps, 14 in calves, 21 in thigh, currently 30in waist, 38 in chest (lat spread at 42 in)...

So as my measurements go, I have a good solid base of muscle, and I'm still working on losing b.f. That is difficult but it's coming...

Can't wait to hear about the rest of you!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Friscochick

Friscochick is on a distinguished road
Okay, sorry i didnt see this thread. Wow! good for you Cjas! you have come along way and you can only go up from here... kudos!

I started working out after i had my daughter and after someone told me i was fat. I guess i didnt realize.... sounds weird, but ive been thin all my life and i really didnt see myself as 'fat' but i was! My boyfriend is a body builder and he gave me a base to work with. From there, i did research on the internet (as you may know ive been on premier and other boards for quite sometime) and picked up muscle mags. I lost 45 pounds and then really started getting into weight training and sculpting my body. This was all about 6 years ago. Since then ive had a consistant goal to compete in Figure. Ive had to pick up a second job in the last year and a half to support my daughter and I and had to put the competing on the back burner. When competing your JOB has to be training!! Currently, i have had a little more breathing room and will try to start my process again..

I am 5'2 /112 pounds
Friscochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
cjas

Great job Frisco. It is amazing how sometimes life goes by and we don't realize the affect it has on our bodies. But doing something about it is the secret many people never figure out. Which is really too bad.

Girl you are doing awesome! I give you tons of credit. It can't be easy juggling multiple jobs, a daughter, and ambitious figure comp. goals. But as the saying goes anything worth getting is worth sacrificing for.

And look only 2 little lbs from where you wanted to be at!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
Friscochick

Friscochick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjas
Great job Frisco. It is amazing how sometimes life goes by and we don't realize the affect it has on our bodies. But doing something about it is the secret many people never figure out. Which is really too bad.

Girl you are doing awesome! I give you tons of credit. It can't be easy juggling multiple jobs, a daughter, and ambitious figure comp. goals. But as the saying goes anything worth getting is worth sacrificing for.

And look only 2 little lbs from where you wanted to be at!

Thanks babe. Yep! thats what i tell all the whiners out there! I actually want to get to 105. So i have a little to go. I'm actually pretty happy with the weight loss so far. I'm on a heatlhy path to the 10 pounders i wanted to lose intially. I havent weighed myself since Friday. Im waiting until this friday to see.
Friscochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
deangraziosi

Nice post Cjas, very informative and helpful for all the ladies. I found interesting discussion in pilates questionnaires. I would like to share that it is just hard for first week then we get used to with early morning wake up and do exercise.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
My goals are a good health and endurance, I've been training for more than ten years but I lift for fun and I decided to stay natural, the only supps that I take are whey protein, digestive enzymes, turmeric, a B-complex.
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote