Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids and the Law
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Omerta

Omerta is on a distinguished road
How do we know what's legal?

I realize this seems like a silly question, but consider all these new types of peptides that are coming out. There must be an automatic default before a new product is tested?

Like for example, let's say the herb supplement tribulus terrestris. Before anyone ever heard of it or sold it in north america, some company in china probably had bulk powders. So would it be legal or illegal before anyone had any idea what it did?

If the default is illegal; well let's say i have a lab setup and i notice some random plant in the forest and grind it up and isolate this stuff called tribulus, would that be illegal to do?

Lol, i know this sounds stupid, but im actually curious, as i think it might apply to all these new peptides coming out.
Omerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Links

Old 01-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
willsgotrythm
Vet

willsgotrythm is a jewel in the roughwillsgotrythm is a jewel in the roughwillsgotrythm is a jewel in the rough
LOL! I see what you are saying. I guess that's why they call them research peptides and chemicals. Maybe as long as they sell them as "research" products its ok.
willsgotrythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud of
The FDA is strict on label claims, as long as a herb isn't deemed harmful, it can be sold as a supplement. You get into trouble with claims made on the label. Also with prohomones the FDA keeps classifying legal PH's as steroids making them illegal. Peptides and research chems are not sold for human use.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
bufbiker

Google.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
Omerta

Omerta is on a distinguished road
I hear what you're saying. I've tried googling it, couldn't find anything. There was an issue with bathsalts, they would make them illegal, then chemists would change the placement of a carbon atom (for example) so it was technically a different compound, and hence, not illegal. This went on for some time, until the fda eventually said "anything similar to bathsalts is also illegal" in some fancier wording.

I know sport doping agencies have done similar things, saying anything that acts like testosterone (or something like that, i forget the wording). They also go on to list many compounds specifically by name.

But peptides have such varying uses related to bodybuilding. Some have been already specifically stated as pharmaceuticals, ie HGH. But we have CJC, Melanotan, hgh-frag all sorts of odd things, and im just not sure if technically these are legal (unless otherwise stated), or illegal (unless otherwise stated).

Suppose i have a friend in china that emails me tomorrow and says "Hey i invented a new peptide that... blocks aromatase, or whatever, nobodies ever heard of it, i just invented it 10 minutes ago..." Is that going to be legal to import and use on yourself? It's hard to think it could be illegal, but also hard to believe it could be legal lol...
Omerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
bufbiker

If it's good and it works it will eventually be illegal.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
chrisotpherm

Agreed