Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids and the Law
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #1
pillsbury
Vet

pillsbury is on a distinguished road
international package with wrong name and address

question...
anyone have any idea what happens to a package with no return address that was mailed from outside the US to the US that had the wrong address and name on it? its literally sitting at my post office right now bc i can see it when i put the tracking number in...
am i totally fucked? ive been on the phone with usps all day and they said there is a form the sender can file that will allow the change of any and all info??? he has had no such luck doing this.
any ideas??
pillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Links

Old 08-05-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
TheMuscleMan
Vet

TheMuscleMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheMuscleMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheMuscleMan has a spectacular aura about
If it has the wrong name on but the correct address anybody with that address on the ID can pick it up, it don't have to be the person it is addressed to just a person that lives in the house, so the name is basically irrelevant in picking up a pack it all goes by address. If it has the wrong address and name then there is a problem, it cant be delivered and it cant be picked up because the ID will not match the address so it would have to be changed by the sender and if the sender is not in this country it is going to be a hassle. If it don't have a return address on it I am not exactly sure what they do with it, I would assume it would go to an undeliverable bin somewhere and eventually destroyed if not claimed.

Thanks
TMM
Old 08-05-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
Glycomann

Glycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant future
I think you can sign the little card with the person's name it is addressed to in the section that validates you as that person's agent. then you can pick it up with your ID. I don't know if you want to do that though.
Glycomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:38 AM   #4
pillsbury
Vet

where do i get this card? the problem is the address doesnt exist. i think he sent it to my screen name not my actual name. what can go wrong will go wrong
Old 08-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #5
Glycomann

Glycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant futureGlycomann has a brilliant future
?? how do you even know it's your package if the name and address is wrong?? Tracking?
Glycomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:49 AM   #6
ozzy69

ozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to beholdozzy69 is a splendid one to behold
Rookie move
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 AM   #7
myosaurus
Vet

myosaurus is a jewel in the roughmyosaurus is a jewel in the roughmyosaurus is a jewel in the roughmyosaurus is a jewel in the rough
They wont let you pick it up unless you have an ID for a person delivered to and correct address. I lost a pack once(in my rookie years) using a fake name. Always use your real name and you'll need to sign for it if its registered airmail.
myosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
TheMuscleMan
Vet

TheMuscleMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheMuscleMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheMuscleMan has a spectacular aura about
How did you find out it had the wrong name and address on it. I am thinking that you went down to the post office to get it and found out?

The tracking will show the movement of the pack but not where or who it was shipped to.

Now sometimes if you get a lazy mailman they wont bring the pack to the door and leave it and they will put in the system undeliverable as addressed. I have had this happen, the mailman didn't want to go to the door to deliver the pack because it was too far off the road for him to walk so he marked it as undeliverable as addressed, the pack had the correct address on it though but he was being lazy so it had to be picked up at the post office, not too hard or complicated just more aggravation than anything but the problem with it all is if the pack is not picked up in 5 days I believe it gets sent back to sender which in your case there is no sender to send it back to so it will go to who knows where and be forgotten about.

Thanks
TMM
Old 08-05-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
TheMuscleMan
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosaurus View Post
They wont let you pick it up unless you have an ID for a person delivered to and correct address. I lost a pack once(in my rookie years) using a fake name. Always use your real name and you'll need to sign for it if its registered airmail.
It can be anyone in the house that can pick it up just as long as they have the same address on their ID that is on the pack. You can check this at the usps website.

Also if a signature is required for any pack being delivered to your house anyone that is in the house at the time of delivery can sign for the pack, it don't have to be the person it is addressed to it could be a friend who is over visiting, they don't ask for ID when they deliver a pack, whoever opens the door can sign for it.

Thanks
TMM
Old 08-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #10
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillsbury View Post
where do i get this card? the problem is the address doesnt exist. i think he sent it to my screen name not my actual name. what can go wrong will go wrong

If the address doesn't exist, the pack is already flagged. How did a non existent address end up on the pack.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #11
Mondo
Banned

Mondo has a spectacular aura aboutMondo has a spectacular aura aboutMondo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillsbury View Post
question...
anyone have any idea what happens to a package with no return address that was mailed from outside the US to the US that had the wrong address and name on it? its literally sitting at my post office right now bc i can see it when i put the tracking number in...
am i totally fucked? ive been on the phone with usps all day and they said there is a form the sender can file that will allow the change of any and all info??? he has had no such luck doing this.
any ideas??
Packages coming through US Customs without a sender's/return addy most likely will be seized and or red flagged. Especially from certain countries. If it did make it through without a sender's/return addy, there is no way the sender can fill out a card or anything else, as there is nothing that ties them to the package.

If you know the name and address the package was endorsed to, then you can always walk into the Post Office and say you're there to pick up a package for so and so. They will ask if you have a notice the mail carrier left. Tell them no, so and so just called you and asked you to swing by and pick up the pack for him. They will then ask you for the package's address. Provide them with the addy. They will retrieve the package. Now one of two things will happen. You will be asked to show your ID. To which, you left it in the car and will be right back. . .(not) OR you will be asked to sign your name (John Smith) and the package's address and zip into the electronic device on the counter and you walk away with the package. Best time for this to work is when traffic at the post office is at peak.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #12
hay bailer

hay bailer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy69 View Post
Rookie move
lmao......literally
hay bailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
hay bailer

hay bailer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
Packages coming through US Customs without a sender's/return addy most likely will be seized and or red flagged. Especially from certain countries. If it did make it through without a sender's/return addy, there is no way the sender can fill out a card or anything else, as there is nothing that ties them to the package.

If you know the name and address the package was endorsed to, then you can always walk into the Post Office and say you're there to pick up a package for so and so. They will ask if you have a notice the mail carrier left. Tell them no, so and so just called you and asked you to swing by and pick up the pack for him. They will then ask you for the package's address. Provide them with the addy. They will retrieve the package. Now one of two things will happen. You will be asked to show your ID. To which, you left it in the car and will be right back. . .(not) OR you will be asked to sign your name (John Smith) and the package's address and zip into the electronic device on the counter and you walk away with the package. Best time for this to work is when traffic at the post office is at peak.
very nice...this guys smooth.
hay bailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #14
pillsbury
Vet

to answer everyones question... there was a mixup info between seller and myself. rookie move? yea my bad. i am totally to blame for not being on another continent to verify the person sending it put the correct name and address. it had another persons name and address but my city and state. shit happens... i know there was an attempt at delivery bc of the tracking number but since i dont have a license for the person who the package was addressed to i was unable to pick up said package. total amateur move. is there a beginners class i can enroll in?
Old 11-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #15
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is a jewel in the roughDeacon is a jewel in the roughDeacon is a jewel in the roughDeacon is a jewel in the rough
have it resent this pack is lost IMO let it go your seller should understand

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote