Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Rocky Mountain High

I came to the Rocky Mountains to improve my health but never imagined it would happen so fast. Been here 42 days; I’m over the elevation sickness, I can breathe normally without panting like a dog that just ran around the lake, my appetite’s good, the attitude is great! I love the fresh air; the people are welcoming and positive! I’m living at 8000 feet and the four years of swelling in my previously broken ankle are completely gone; my blood pressure dropped 20 points systolic and 30 points diastolic, from 165/112 to 144/88, I lost 25 pounds in 42 days! I feel great, lost 2 chins and easily feel 10 years younger! I like it!
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:50 AM   #2
Pen Sillman
VET

Pen Sillman will become famous soon enough
I'll never live anywhere east of the rockies. Ivve spent half my life in the Rockies and love it. 8000ft elevation? Yeah, that's definitely a Rocky Mt High Bro. I live at about 4500'. You're definitely in the frozen winter zone!
Pen Sillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:18 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
The fresh air no doubt helps.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:56 AM   #4
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
How is the riding out there on a daily basis?

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
Massive G
VET

Massive G has a spectacular aura aboutMassive G has a spectacular aura about
Someday...someday for me, I want to retire in the midwest...congrats on your health.
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #6
mrhtbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
How is the riding out there on a daily basis?
I came here (2000) miles from SE PA in my old SUV. Chugs a bit on Vail Pass (10,400 ft) but keeps going. I returned the Indian to my friend shiny and detailed. My motorcycle of 14 years is an ‘84 BMW R100CS. Before I left PA I put it in a BMW shop to have a new clutch and rear seal put in. It has 69,000 miles on it and runs like a top. Last year I rebuilt the carburetors and also rebuilt ignition module. It’s going to love these mountains, lots of power! I told them I would pick it up in May. I Work with the ski resorts; just like I did in 1999 when I was in graduate school. I met my to-be wife and ended up getting married then went into teaching. It seems like I’ve gone back 20 years and picked up where I left off; everything is fresh, everything is new! I go all day with a smile on my face��somebody pinch me... Everyday I push to become the man I want to be. My lungs get better all the time and now the money is getting good. Still pay for 2 kids in school and this is their birthday month so it’s not all for me. But in December my weight, lungs and money should allow me to train again. The plan is working. Yeah, can’t wait to carve the I70 canyons on the Beemer, I love Frisco and the Arapaho Basin too, especially around Dillon Reservoir. In due time. As you know, an older man must be wise!
Old 11-28-2019, 04:26 AM   #7
Pen Sillman
VET

Pen Sillman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
The fresh air no doubt helps.
Hey Lifts, since you mentioned it, depending on where you live in the rockies, the are can be as pure as the Virgin Mary or as nasty as some meth whore in the back alley. If you live in the valley like I do at 4500' elevation, you get these temperature inversions that hold the pollution down and it gets as bad as LA for a couple weeks on end. Talkin about burn your eyes out of their sockets nasty filthy effing air. But if you wanna get out of it, take a drive up the canyon to about 6K elevation and it's like sucking oxygen as clean as an emphysema patient with an O'2 tank strapped to their back.

There is nothing likoe getting out of the city and high up in the mountains where you can actually see the milky way. It's heaven on earth to be in. I f'ng love it.
Pen Sillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #8
mrhtbd

I know what you mean about the inversion effect. All day today I saw a huge cloud stuck on the east side of the Vail ridges. I’m west of there and we had clear blue skies all day. Saw a red fox first thing this morning run across the road with an Ermin in its mouth. We call them “Mountain Rats” because they chew threw anything even plastic! Glad those Foxes are earning their keep!