Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

Donate blood while ON or no?

Interesting opinion by Palumbo. What's ya'lls take?

Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.
  • Glycomann

in the end my hematocrit went up more and more even when just on TRT for a long long time. There are a bunch of older lifters on PM that have the same problem. I do better going completely off for a month. That gets me down about 5-6%, more than donation.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
      • May 2019

Originally posted by Glycomann
      in the end my hematocrit went up more and more even when just on TRT for a long long time. There are a bunch of older lifters on PM that have the same problem. I do better going completely off for a month. That gets me down about 5-6%, more than donation.
      Same here. When on cycle around 500mg ew test mine get's up to around 53, and when I donate it drops down to around 48. Feel a lil better too, like more energy if that makes sense - seems like it should be opposite though considering how according to Dave, higher rbc gives one more work capacity/endurance?
      Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

One thing I was always curious about is if high hemat/hemo plays a big role in vascualrity. Ya know how when ya start a cycle, and even if your not super low bf - maybe around 12-14% area - ya still notice how the veins start poppin'? Especially on EQ, which is known to be one of the main PED's to raise hemo/hemat, and yet also known for increasing vascularity. I honestly never took note though if my vascularity decreased after donating blood. Anyone ever notice a diff?

Comment

• tank100
          VET
          • Dec 2018

never noticed a difference

Comment

• Moto Ace
            Vet
            • Dec 2015

Just donated power reds yesterday and didn't notice a difference

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

I always feel a little weaker after a donation doing a Power Red. That makes sense. I also get high blood pressure when on and I donate to try and stay off meds to keep it down so that in the other important factor for donation. It is not a single consideration issue.

If I were competing or a competing athlete I would reconsider, but with a tendency for HBP, hearing a freight train chugging in my ears a night, the undetermined health risks and the potential to actually save a life, I will continue to donate blood.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

My Dr made me stop donating. My iron levels were getting extremely low. The irony is without donating my red blood cell count was high but by donating blood my iron levels were way too low.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

By the way, just did bloodwork today. I've been clean since August or September, not sure which.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by JerKy
                    One thing I was always curious about is if high hemat/hemo plays a big role in vascualrity. Ya know how when ya start a cycle, and even if your not super low bf - maybe around 12-14% area - ya still notice how the veins start poppin'? Especially on EQ, which is known to be one of the main PED's to raise hemo/hemat, and yet also known for increasing vascularity. I honestly never took note though if my vascularity decreased after donating blood. Anyone ever notice a diff?
                    I would say yes but it's more involved.AAS also effects mineralocorticoid signaling wo there is more sodium retention meaning more fluid inside and outside of cellular compartments. So blood volume goes up in addition to more RBCs.

Comment

Working...