X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warhead14
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Lots of stuff

So Im now 54, I have some arterial plaque, I have bout with hypertensive crisis where my blood pressure shoots up to 170 over 107 and heart rate jumps to 130-140. Its real fun waking fro ma sleep t have that going on. I have just been given a script for a heart ultrasound, stress tests and a scan of my aorta. Im scared to stay of TRT, I drink smoothies of sinach blueberries kale and whatever else greens of the day. Getting older and having these issues is scaring m, I wont lie. I am recovering from a bad motorcycle wreck and my right hand will never be the same. Pretty damn low these days~
  • Glycomann

I hope you can get it all under control. Wondering how much of it is stress. I'm a couple years ahead of you. Hang in there. Keep fighting the fight. Every day it's you against the chaos. You and me.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

It's good your getting tests done, then form a game plan with your doctor as to where to go from there.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

It sucks getting old doesn't it?
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

You're one of the three youngest 50-something men I know. I little setback here and there. Maybe God wants you to slow down a bit. He doesn't suggest you lie down in green pastures he maketh.

You've come a long way. Everything will be ok. Unless you phuck it up. Then it probably still will be ok.

Can you still have sex? If so you're not that bad yet.

Comment

• millenium girl
            • Apr 2006

Stress is very bad for us. And I agree with you, getting old sucks. And getting older sucks even more, believe me
            Don't forget to join
            http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
            http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• MindlessWork
              • Aug 2011

I am going to be 54 myself in a few weeks and I am also starting to feel the aging right now, but I still keep training as well as cycling. Gotta stay in shape or I will fall apart!
              “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• rocco-x
                Vet
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MindlessWork
                I am going to be 54 myself in a few weeks and I am also starting to feel the aging right now, but I still keep training as well as cycling. Gotta stay in shape or I will fall apart!
                GTFOH...you're 54 MW?! Wow dude you seem a lot younger. Good work beating father time lol
                For the 1st time ever I'm getting nervous about aging. Turned 50 in Nov. My bp has ALWAYS been and still is just right or on the low side, my cholesterol levels, regular blood work were always on point. Now my last test shows elevated cholesterol of 217 and triglyceride of 144...not bad but not good either.
                I wish I knew how to read this entire list of tests but the dr said everything was exactly right except the last two.

Comment

• DWBO
                  Vet
                  • Aug 2015

Are you full on Vegan ?
                  Campbell soup has this Yes soup . If you check there is 3 or 4 that is Vegan .Not to bad tasting. You can build muscle without meat and eggs .
                  Stress is like vise squeezing the life out of you . I have yet to figure out a way to manage it . Have you had a sleep study for Sleep Apnea ? That will absolutely effect everything .
                  Keep positive and make small adjustments .
                  DWBO

Comment

• liftsiron
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2003

61, meat and egg eater, milk drinker to.
                    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• TommyD
                      • Apr 2018

At least you made the smart decision to do something about it.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by liftsiron
                        61, meat and egg eater, milk drinker to.
                        Same here at 54. Although I will say I don't eat red meat 4-5 times ew like when younger. Prolly 1-2x ew now. Could be bcoz when I was younger, ground turkey wasn't so available. I like ground turkey, so eat alot of it.

Comment

• liftsiron
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2003

I like ground turkey breast to.
                          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
                            VET
                            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Warhead14
                            So Im now 54, I have some arterial plaque, I have bout with hypertensive crisis where my blood pressure shoots up to 170 over 107 and heart rate jumps to 130-140. Its real fun waking fro ma sleep t have that going on. I have just been given a script for a heart ultrasound, stress tests and a scan of my aorta. Im scared to stay of TRT, I drink smoothies of sinach blueberries kale and whatever else greens of the day. Getting older and having these issues is scaring m, I wont lie. I am recovering from a bad motorcycle wreck and my right hand will never be the same. Pretty damn low these days~
                            I would talk to your doc about changing your meds. I went thru the same stuff last year. My BP was OK but any stress would make it go sky high. It took a few different meds but now it stays perfect. I'm 50 and he is OK with my TRT. I made some dietary changes as well but the meds made all the difference.

BPP

Comment

• Big B
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2016

Get yourself under control, bud. Start from there. Find ways to continuing reaching your goals while maintaining good health. You’ll do fine, brother

Comment

Working...