Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
Update on old school gym

For those not in the loop I'm opening a hardcore gym with a buddy. Not a spot in the floor place, rather 4000 SF of just free weights and plate loaded stuff for people sick of the commercial gym scene. Well, have a chalk bowl, bumper plates, monolift, 3 power racks, 2 DL platforms, comp bench, jungle, hammer strength and dbs to 150. Most of that comes from my partners old gym that bled him dry as he tried to compete with the franchise gyms. So, I approached him with very little capital and a novel concept...an old school gym. One where we make the rules, no hidden fees, no contracts, just a mom and pop sort of thing. Fast forward to today....

Well, it's been 2 weeks and we are getting ready to paint. That doesn't mean we are nearly done rather we have to get the equipment in because the lease on where we store the equipment runs out. I feel like I'm chasing my tail while hemoraging money. But, on the positive side there is a lot of buzz and anticipation. So, we are feeding off that when we can. Tomorrow I spray the ceilings black, then the glass guys come to remove some of the storefront glass so we can move in equipment.

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
Superior

Superior is on a distinguished road
Keep us posted on your progress, sounds great!!!
Superior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #3
Dawgpound_Hank

Good going Hawk. I'd be getting some form of adverteisment going in the meantime so you don't open up to a group of only 10 guys haha. Spread the word. IIRC you're in a decent sized city with 300k people, so maybe find some local PL & BB forums and get the word out. Alot of hardcore lifters hang out at the tittie bars - get the word out there too. If they are into bb, some will be hitting the tanning salons - there's another place you can throw the desk girl a few $ with a handful of flyers for the muscleheads that come in. Definitely hit up the low price, all you can eat buffet joints also.

This btw is all assuming you don't already have a solid base built up. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:11 AM   #4
Bananas
Vet

Bananas has a spectacular aura aboutBananas has a spectacular aura about
i currently work out at a metroflex in FArgo and its similar to what you are describing. I really enjoy it. i think you will do great.
Make sure you price appropriately too. Dont go to cheap. I would honestly pay up to 50-70$ for a gym like this. Specially if you make it 24/7 access with a key fob.

Good luck
Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66 is on a distinguished road
Sounds awesome Hawk, what town/location?
Rot-Iron66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Good luck! Get those every door flyers out I was telling you about.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #7
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Nothing like the rush of anticipation on a new venture.

What is the name going to be? Maybe a contest?
Old 09-30-2018, 06:53 PM   #8
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
Well, a little back story with regards to the name and some frustration involved in the name and creation of the gym. First, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do have some creativity. Anyway, I have had several ideas/fantasies of starting this style gym right down to the name and decor. Well, one friend ran with my decor idea and decorated his studio gym the way I said I wanted my imaginary place. But, I suppose I should feel flattered and another guy took my imaginary name. Not that I have exclusive rights, but it was uncanny how similar it was. However, it was all a thought experiment so how could I complain. I never had the money... And still don't have ha.

So, fast forward to today and I have a little chip on my shoulder so I dig deep and decide I'm not telling anyone but you all, my wife and my partner. So, I thought long and hard and decided on The Forge Strength Gym. My grandfather was a blacksmith and I liked that it was unique in my area. Plus, it has Strength and Gym in the name which sets us apart from other fitness centers.

So, if any of you all are in Kansas City lmk and I'll hook you up. I know the owner of what will be a pretty
Awesome strength gym.

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #9
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Love the name brother! Anxious to see the finished product!
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #10
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
How about the strength forge instead of the forge strength gym? Strength forge tells you what it is, forge strength tells you what it does. Just a thought. You can use my motto, muscle forged in pain. I give you the right to it if you want.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #11
Dawgpound_Hank

I like the name, but like it better without the "The" - just "Forged Strength Gym". Easier to pass on to others too being 3 words vs 4. Something you might wanna ponder wth haha. Good luck buddy - if I'm out Kansas way I'll holla for that free workout.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #12
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Like dph said but maybe even drop "gym." "Forged Strength" with a loaded barbell with a slight bend in the bar decal or light up under the name. That would look badass.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote