• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Crazy strong!
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Legzilla for sure!

This is the vid with Kaz in the background - he said 25 years later that Platz was using fake weights there. It shocked everybody him saying that when he was right there to witness the event. His reply was he "didn't check the weight" duhhh. What a tool for saying that. I posted the vid with Kaz saying that here in GD awhile back.

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

Yeah, I remembered it having been posted before after the fact. And the ensuing discussion. After watching it a few times I'm convinced its 100% legit.
            If you look at that last rep, the exhaustion, where he literally has to be held up, you cant fake that. But before I posted it I froze the frame at the end showing the large plates, 495. They looked real to me. Also there are videos of Platz repping 225 50 times. So for me, having actually squatted that much for a few reps, and comparing my age to Platz at the times in our lives respectively, it is more likely legit than fake. Plus there were scores of guys on the stage. You know Platz didnt load the bar up. The other guys did. It's legit, in my opinion. Kaz was jealous.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Friggemall

I believe it was real also.

Here is one of him squatting back in the day 325 x 30 reps...look at the bounce of the bar...shows me its real.

Not sure what the weight on the bar is on his squat at 62 y/o is but its friggen heavy.

Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

Amazing.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                  Also there are videos of Platz repping 225 50 times.
                  I don't know if there are videos of this, but he has said on numerous occasions that he has squatted 315 for 50 reps, and squatted 225 for 10 minutes STRAIGHT non-stop.

There's a vid on YT where someone is comparing his and Ramy's quads debating who's was bigger. While Ramy's might be slightly bigger being he is 2-3" taller, his quads aren't even in the same league as Tom's regarding overall development, ie, separation, definition, cross striations. Not even close. Same for hams. There's that one famous pic of Tom flexing his hams and there is nothing but a bundle of sliced ribbons. His legs truly looked alien.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Platz and Arnold are in their own elite group of 2 members. Even many years later since being at their best (37 years for Tom, 44 years for Arnold), they both have a bodypart that has stood the test of time & yet to be surpassed . That's not just my opinion, but the views of top guys in bodybuilding circles over the decades. Tom for legs, Arnie for biceps.

When it comes to other bdpts there is debate, but none for the aforementioned. THAT is truly friggin' amazing considering the evolution of supplements, PED's, and the fact that the bodybuilding pool is astronomically higher than back in their day.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

It all takes us back to the debate of how to grow legs. And the final jeopardy answer is, it takes endless, painful, death defying work.
                            Countless reps. Constant increase as the body adapts to any given weight. Putting the body through excruciating torture and willing to live with the pain.
                            Then of course with Platz, add in super human genetics.
                            Awesome, inspiring pics.
                            But I still hate leg day with a passion.
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Friggemall

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                              It all takes us back to the debate of how to grow legs. And the final jeopardy answer is, it takes endless, painful, death defying work.
                              Countless reps. Constant increase as the body adapts to any given weight. Putting the body through excruciating torture and willing to live with the pain.
                              Then of course with Platz, add in super human genetics.
                              Awesome, inspiring pics.
                              But I still hate leg day with a passion.
                              100% agree on all points maybe I have a love/hate thing on leg day though lol

Comment

Working...