X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrutalHoney
    VET
    • Nov 2016

Glutes and Back Stiffness

So, I believe I've found a major cause of the back pumps I've been suffering for years on end now. They're always bad when on cycle, and worse with longer ester gear (npp vs tren enanthate... or sust vs cyp, whatever).

But what really, really tightens my back up to the point my workout isn't possible... is glutes. The more a movement uses glutes, the more crippling it is.

So, can anyone help me with this? What do I do? It is past time I fix this. I think I know the cause, but I don't know how to eliminate it.
  • Glycomann

What are your doses.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
      VET
      • Nov 2016

500~600 sust, 300npp

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Stretch your hamstrings. Tight hams pull on the glutes which pull on the lower back muscles.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• BrutalHoney
          VET
          • Nov 2016

Yeah, but that doesn't help when I'm trying to do my step downs of O-squats or whatever.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
            VET
            • Nov 2016

Actually, come to think about it, I'm not sure that's it. Because a wider squat that emphasizes hamstrings more doesn't lock me up nearly as bad. But a split squat, an O-squat, a step down... those things hit the glutes harder and I can't even do 3 sets with 60 sec rest. It literally incapacitates me.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
              VET
              • Nov 2016

Update...

I've recently discovered that I have nearly no internal rotation in the hips. You're supposed to be able to rotate your foot out (blade of foot leading movement) to 45 degrees. I have like, 5 in one leg, 15 in the other.

And it turns out some of the glutes are some of the internal rotators.

So... this just might be the root cause of this issue I'm having. Hopefully time will tell.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                • May 2019

I have always made it a point to stretch during workouts. Before, during and after. I'm sure it helps a lot.

Also, split squats and step downs/ups hit the glutes directly, so. What is an O squat?

I think if you start stretching, you will help the problemo bigtime amigo.
                Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                  VET
                  • Nov 2016

yeah, the question has been what the hell i need to stretch. nothing was working. my knee has been giving me problems lately so i haven't been able to test this new hypothesis much yet.

an O-squat means olympic squat, which is basically the high bar, narrow stance, squat, that the O-lifters tend to do.

Comment

Working...