X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Covid casualty

I just learned a friend of mine is losing her gym. It is a tough business and the shutdown is putting her 5 years of work struggle to keep it viable out of reach. She will close permanently.😡
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

She is one of many I'm sure. It sucks.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
      Banned
      • Apr 2018

So unfortunate. I don't think our politicians realized what this 'shutdown' would do to the small businesses. I know of many small locally owned restaurants that have had to permanently close because of the shutdown.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

It's going to be hard for many business's to recoup. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon, several very promising trails going on. We can't stay shut down forever regardless.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• ozzy69
          Assistant Admin
          • Jun 2011

sucks to hear of a gym closing

Hope she finds a way to make it work

Comment

• zillagraybeard
            VET
            • Apr 2019

Powerhouse Gym in Louisville KY is closing as well.

Comment

• A.B
              VET
              • Jun 2004

Yeah the shutdown really fcked small business here in Canada. open everything up and make sure good hygiene is available to everyone to avoid a massive out break. Government should put the money to buy masks. Sanitizer. Gloves etc and make it avail to all business to succeed.

Comment

• Jhntruevine
                VET
                • Mar 2020

This a shitty situation all around but I would like to have the freedom to workout if I chose to do so & I believe in supporting smaller gyms. So if anyone is paying for PF or the bigger chains when they open back up go support a private gym for better service & a cleaner environment. I have a free PF membership that my boss pays for but I have my own membership at Brick Bodies & that's the gym ill be returning to when they open.
                https://supremelabsusa.com/

Comment

• AlphaMale
                  VET
                  • Mar 2018

That really sucks.
                  I think it’s a shame that what state you live in could be the determining factor as to whether your business can survive or not.
                  Where I live even the tanning salons are already open again.
                  A lot of gyms operate on a very narrow profit margin, too.
                  I’m not a big fan of some of these governors using the pandemic as a training exercise in totalitarianism, either.
                  Veteran

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

This cover thing has accelerated the phenomenon of large billion $ corporations getting bigger and stronger as the little guy small businesses are destroyed. This just advanced it ten years. Look at all the sheeple carrying their stimulus checks into Walmart while small businesses are shuttered. Big box stores have had their best quarters ever.

Comment

• Chooch
                      VET
                      • Oct 2009

Our governor still has us on lockdown. Meanwhile his cabinet business and any company that supports it is deemed “esential” and remains open. People are getting very tired of him and his BS. Sorry to hear about your friend but I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a lot more stories like this coming.

Comment

• Roc
                        VET
                        • Apr 2020

30 golds shit down, retro fitness closed two near me, I think it’s gonna be a dark world for bb in the future.

Comment

• lannguyen2020
                          Banned
                          • May 2020

👿

Comment

• Massive G
                            VET
                            • Apr 2019

I really hope the people hold these governors and politicians accountable that are keeping businesses shut down.
                            None of the experts are correct have been or will be.
                            I fear the world we will wake up to soon, so many businesses gone and people unemployed.
                            Politicians letting criminals out of jail for fear of COVID infection and then on the flip side locking people up issuing citations and revoking business licenses to tighten their fists.
                            How can you call pot shops and liquor stores and lottery tickets essential?
                            Oh yea right they bring in tons of taxes. We were out yesterday shopping where we could, and my wife was driving and freaking out with all the traffic. LOL

Comment

• HDH
                              • Jun 2015

I was glad to see the main gym I go to put some money in the place. It's an independent gym that used to be a Golds. There were 2 in town but they sold out and the guy that bought them took the best equipment from both places and put them at one.

Great place, they even opened it up 24 hours with a scan key to get in. I was hoping they would make it through. I've seen 3 owners over the last 10 or 15 years so I was concerned.

I have PF and YF memberships but they are best for cardio, tanning and training if I'm in a rush.

Comment

Working...