Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Superset Triset Giant set

These make up the majority of my training program. I like them as same muscle or opposite muscle. It's not something you do to a program all at once, it can lead to overtraining in the beginning. We build up endurance as we go along.

It seemed like a pretty good topic that most can join in on. It would be cool to get some training discussions going. I'm not to good with the every day chit chat but I like to talk training, diet and anabolics. I'm going to list my favorites of these sets. You are welcome to list yours

SUPERSET - opposite muscle

LEGS curls/extensions

I feel like I really beat the shit out of them with this. I use them as a pre exhaust and to finish them off. I was trisetting with calves but I had to slow down the entire workout for a little more rest/recovery time. Legs are brutal enough, lol

TRISET- same muscle

DELTS front/side/rear

This one is actually a drop triset. It's the first exercise in a giant set. I start with 15lb dumbbells, hit all 3 then switch to 10lb bumbbells and hit all 3 again. This is the best shoulder finisher I've used, it made a visible difference.

GIANT SET- opposite muscle

CHEST/BACK/BICEP/TRICEP/SHOULDER- Independent Arm Machine (IAM) incline press / IAM rows / IAM curls / pushdowns 1 arm at a time / DB shrugs.

I really like these giant sets. I built them up over time, I do 4 in the weeks training. A lot guys fear overworking but I believe it's a matter of under eating or not taking time to build up to it. Switch the whole program up and maintenance cals change quite a bit. If you hit 2 giant sets in a training period you are burning up considerable cals, I do anyways since I volume train as well.

Whatcha got fellas?
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:17 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I always volume train, once in awhile I do supersets when I get to the gym and it doesn't have to many people around.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
I like super sets til failure. One of my all time favourites is a 95 lbs barbell. 10 presses. Ten shrugs. Repeat until complete failure. The best to finish a shoulder workout.

Super setting back too is another favourite. Rows to chin ups to bicep curls. will give you a crazy pump.
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
I always volume train, once in awhile I do supersets when I get to the gym and it doesn't have to many people around.
You are right about that, I do all my shit between 2am and 6am. It's some aggravating shit trying train with people in the way. I've never been much of a people person anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B View Post
I like super sets til failure. One of my all time favourites is a 95 lbs barbell. 10 presses. Ten shrugs. Repeat until complete failure. The best to finish a shoulder workout.

Super setting back too is another favourite. Rows to chin ups to bicep curls. will give you a crazy pump.
Ha, ha, I haven't been able to put 95lbs over my head in some years. I can't imagine how long it would put me out for
Old 06-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #5
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
I've been supersetting bis and tris for years - love the enormous pump and stretching of the fascia. I often ss leg curls and leg extensions also.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #6
HDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
I've been supersetting bis and tris for years - love the enormous pump and stretching of the fascia. I often ss leg curls and leg extensions also.
If you get a chance, try back and chest together. It's a beautiful pump

Hell, if I don't do leg curls and extensions together, I don't feel like I'm doing it right
Old 06-04-2020, 02:48 PM   #7
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDH View Post
If you get a chance, try back and chest together. It's a beautiful pump

Hell, if I don't do leg curls and extensions together, I don't feel like I'm doing it right
Oh I have - many times. Honestly I don't like it since both being large bdpts, I go heavy on several exercises, ie, inclines, bb rows, tbar rows, and I like to get enough rest in so I can use the heavy weight. If I ss them, the weights would drop quite a bit. Bis and tris are small muscles, so no need to rest much there bcoz the oxygen uptake is a fraction of hitting back. When I ss them in the past, I was going lighter - it was decades ago.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #8
HDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Oh I have - many times. Honestly I don't like it since both being large bdpts, I go heavy on several exercises, ie, inclines, bb rows, tbar rows, and I like to get enough rest in so I can use the heavy weight. If I ss them, the weights would drop quite a bit. Bis and tris are small muscles, so no need to rest much there bcoz the oxygen uptake is a fraction of hitting back. When I ss them in the past, I was going lighter - it was decades ago.
Yes sir, you are correct on using less weight. I guess that's why it works for me. I like to shrug with them as well, it's a badass pump.