• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Dads and daughters...

like to row
  • bufbiker

My favorite part of fatherhood was when they moved out. But they keep coming back?!
    Glad you had a great weekend. Watch out for the post-high depression. Try to keep focused on the positive. Glad things are settled down for you.

Comment

• JDUB
      Vet
      • Apr 2012

awesome....we are in the same boat....I just spent the weekend with mine and had to take her back Monday....I miss her so much after spending so much time with her...

you seem like a good dad and god speed to you and yours....

life moves on and we just have to adapt to it and make the best of the time we have with them....my approach on things...

dub
      sigpic

Comment

• choke

there is nothing like the bond between father and daughter.

Whenever I travel for work, it is crazy how much I miss my little miss.

Raise em right, they're going to date and marry the guy you showed her.

Comment

• bufbiker

C'mon Choke, we're all hoping better than that for her!

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

I told them if "they treat their man the way their mother treated me" then "don't come around when you run into trouble!"

Comment

• choke

Originally posted by bufbiker
              C'mon Choke, we're all hoping better than that for her!
              Very funny smart ass.

Sadly, can't argue.
              If she rolled with a dude more hothead than her ole dad... that poor fella might end up with a lotta ass whoopings.

She's 10, I started her with BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai at 4. I've been teaching her the BJJ and Muay Thai, and a little bit of the Judo; but her Judo coach is a former member of the Brazilian Olympic Judo team. And at the young age of 10, she's already in the pipeline, officially, for women's Olympic Judo. A friend of mine is on the Olympic Committee for Wrestling, and I taught his pet UFC guy (Brian Stann) in a facility he owned. He made some calls, and my little bird proved her metal to be in the pipeline.

She's in very early. Most girls do not start until they hit about 12. She's been at it a long time. So by the time she can go out and try out, she's going to have years on the others. And she has to stay engaged to prove her improvement until she eligible.

So I do truly pity her boyfriends...

This pic is about two years old. And she's now, at 10, cresting 5' tall.
              That beast, all 6'4", 250 is her Brazilian Judo coach. he's also a real deal old school, Carlson Gracie BJJ black belt.
              Attached Files

Comment

• choke

This is her now. This shot was taken a month ago.
                Matured...

The girl next to her is 12 years old. I'm as proud of her as I can be.
                Attached Files

Comment

• BikerTrash
                  Vet
                  • Aug 2011

PRAYER
                  Is the best way to meet the Lord
                  BUT
                  Messing with my Daughter is much Faster......

Comment

• Freezerdude

Originally posted by BikerTrash
                    PRAYER
                    Is the best way to meet the Lord
                    BUT
                    Messing with my Daughter is much Faster......
                    Amen brother, I've had to let a couple people know this here recently, no I'm not on tren again (yet) just over protective I guess? especially my little one...

Comment

• mrhtbd
                      • Apr 2015

Yeah

Comment

• TheChosen1
                        Vet
                        • Jan 2004

Although I never got the pleasure of having kids of my own, I married a friend of 22 years and inherited her two youngest children. Her daughters, my step daughters, are 13 and 9. [She also have 3 sons who are over 20.] I first met the daughters in 2008 when they were only 8 and 3 and when we married, they were 11 and 8. It's something to realize that I've practically watched them grow up. It melts me whenever we'd go out and do something together.

Just last weekend, I decided to take everyone, including the 20 year old son, out bowling. I hadn't bowled in maybe 20 years so I told them to bear with me and my sad ass knees. The youngest daughter didn't care to bowl so I bought her a game card, gave her about $30 to load on it, and she had a killer time by herself while the rest of us bowled. We all had a great time bowling and eating pizzeria style pizza from the bowling lane. Our older daughter won the 1st game but I racked up the second. It was such a blessing to see the girls so happy and to know that I caused it. My wife thanked me for giving us all that happy night together. But the funniest moment was when our daughter went from 1st place to 3rd place in bowling and told us, "I like coming here but I don't want to come again if (TheChosen1) comes too." LOL
                        "Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL!!"

TheChosen1
                        2012 A.P.F Ca. State Champion &
                        2 Class Record Holder (Deadlift)
                        Platinum VIP@theVIPboard

Secured addy:TheChosen1@safe-mail.net

Comment

• goldengirl

Be careful about the horses though.... I was bitten by the horse bug when I was 6 and 14 years (and arguably around $100,000) later I'm even crazier about them than I was when I was younger!

I'm just glad you're supporting them, though! My father taught me how to drift, do doughnuts, and code using Python/HTML/C++, but only drove me to a couple of my TKD classes in the years I studied and competed from '05-'12, and I can't remember the last time he came and watched me ride my horse.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                            • Apr 2015

Saturday

Comment

Working...