Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroid Profiles
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
BrutalHoney
VET

BrutalHoney will become famous soon enough
Half Lives are not Active Lives

Anyone else notice the straight up inconsistent information you can google on half lives for different esters? It's ridiculous.

Where can I find an actual authority on this subject to get answers I can trust? I just want to know the half-life of the different esters out there.
BrutalHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #2
Glycomann

What are you trying to do?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
BrutalHoney
VET

determine what the half life is of all the steroid esters, in general.

specifically, i find longer esters bloat more. i wish to find some test (which i have) that isn't prop but short lived. i used to think that NPP had a shorter half life than enanthate. then google said no. but THEN google said yes. the answer oscillates. i'm irritated.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:47 AM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Try the forum search.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:50 AM   #5
Glycomann

1/2 lives differ a little bit depending on the person so not really set in stone. Also, most people think that the decay curve fits the perfect model. In reality the curve drops of precipitously after about 1 - 1.5 half lives. Here is a site you can play with that gives the general 1/2 lives of common esters. https://roidcalc.powerbody.ru/?langid=8

Keeping mind that this is a model and does not necessarily reflect your personal reality and the decay curve drops off quickly after 1 - 1.5 1/2 lives as said.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
BrutalHoney
VET

So... the roidcalc has the half lives in a chart, great. My only thing: can I be sure those are accurate?

I don't mean accurate for me an individual, but Phenylpropionate for example. Says 2.5 days. Okay, sounds about right, but I've also googled it and found 6 days listed in places. (Thus the beginning of this little quest I'm on.)
Old 11-07-2019, 08:50 PM   #7
Glycomann

You'll have to search pubmed for more scientific data. The general rule is the longer the ester the longer the 1/2 life. You can google pictures of the esters. Or you can go here for extensive chemical information. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Old 11-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #8
Glycomann

Here's another useful website

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB13944
Old 11-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #9
BrutalHoney
VET

ooo, thanks...
Old 01-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #10
Titan
Vet

Titan is on a distinguished road
Copy and paste from BB.com

Your total testosterone includes three forms of testosterone that circulate in your body:

Testosterone tightly bound to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG)
Testosterone loosely bound to a protein called albumin
Testosterone in an unbound state known as "free testosterone"

The combination of the two usable forms of testosterone (free testosterone and albumin-bound testosterone) is called "bioavailable testosterone."

Testosterone bound to SHBG is essentially "inactivated," meaning it's unable to exert any cellular action. On the other hand, your body can utilize testosterone bound to albumin and free testosterone—that is, bioavailable testosterone—at the target tissue level.

Because free testosterone and albumin-bound testosterone have the strongest effects on your body, let's take a closer look at these two.

Free testosterone can be used instantly in biochemical processes in the body—everything from skeletal muscle cells, skin, and scalp, to kidney, bone, central nervous system, and prostate tissues. Free testosterone is able to interact at the intracellular level.
Free testosterone can be used instantly in biochemical processes in the body—everything from skeletal muscle cells, skin, and scalp, to kidney, bone, central nervous system, and prostate tissues.

What does that mean from a scientific perspective? It activates transcription of specific genes in a muscle cell's nucleus and promotes the synthesis of the two primary contractile proteins, actin and myosin (muscular hypertrophy).

By having an anticatabolic effect on muscle cells, testosterone may promote mass and strength.2 More specifically, muscle growth happens when the anabolic effects of testosterone are more pronounced overall than the degenerative effects of cortisol.

Albumin-bound testosterone was once believed to be an inactive form of testosterone, much like testosterone bound to SHBG. But a growing body of evidence shows that testosterone that's weakly bound to albumin is actually disconnecting, or dissociating, and becoming bioavailable, or useable, by the body.

Before we get into the nitty-gritty of optimal levels, there are a few other key facts to keep in mind as far as changes, distribution, and production of testosterone in men:

SHBG levels in the body typically decrease when estrogen levels decrease and increase when estrogen levels rise.
The distribution of testosterone in men is typically 30-45 percent bound to SHBG and about 50-68 percent to albumin. The remaining 0.5 to 2.0 percent exists in a free, unbound state.
Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone, with the largest amounts produced in the Leydig cells of the testes. It is also produced in smaller amounts by the adrenal cortex.
An adult male will manufacture 2.5-11.0 mg of testosterone per day.
Total testosterone levels decrease at a rate of about 1 percent per year after the age of 30.

steady-state." It takes somewhere between 5 and 6 half-lives for a medication to reach a steady state. Thus, medications with short half-lives reach steady-state relatively quickly, while those with long half-lives take a long time to reach a steady state. SO in order to get optimal levels of test it takes a little while say 3- 4weeks to achieve a steady state or a level amount in the blood taken into account all the above mentioned factors.
Anabolic Board,
The Iron Den and
A few other boards.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote