Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroid Articles and Studies
User Name
Password

Old 11-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Low Testosterone in Epileptic males.

Originally Posted by Mycelium
Low Testosterone in Epileptic males.

I hope this thread pops up on Google and other men with Epilepsy find it and I can save them time searching the internet in frustration because they are growing breast, have sexual problems and or just feel down. The info posted after the links are my personal notes I submitted to the VA doctors to prove my case. Please read the links and choose what's relevant to your case. If you're an epileptic male with sexual problems your fight is gonna be hard (unlike your penis) and frustrating (like sore itchy nipples).

With real clinical information the doctor has to argue against the findings and not you. I submitted information from TRT clinics and was immediately blown off because "they are just trying to sell you steroids". You need to always keep the discussion on that track. They have to discredit these findings not simply tell you that they are the doctor and your testosterone is within normal ranges. I can't say I have won discussion with the VA endocrinology clinic but I have won it at every other clinic. Some were open to the information. Some got the sour face and just shut up because they couldn't argue with the Journal of Endocrinology and ncbi.nlm.gov.

Epilepsy, specifically temporal lobe epilepsy, lowers testosterone. I focused my research on temporal lobe epilepsy because that is what I have. I can't say all epileptic men have the same chance as temporal lobe but any type of seizures effecting it surly has a good chance.

Antiepileptic drug also lower testosterone. Some by causing your body to remove testosterone. Some by causing your testicles/leydig cells to not respond.

There is also proof testosterone replacement therapy helps with reducing seizures, sexual dysfunction, memory and cognition, and helps avoid health risk associated with high estrogen and low testosterone.

These are all clinical studies and articles that are written by doctors and referenced.

If you are an epileptic and have the problems I'm talking about have your endocrine levels checked and compare then to the age specific ranges I'm posting below. That was the information I wanted first so I'm gonna post that first.

These images save me time from typing.

Low Testosterone in Epileptic males.-total-testosterone-range-chart.png

Simon, D., Nahoul, K, and Charles M.A. (1996) Sex Hormones. Aging, Ethnicity and Insulin Sensative in Men: An Overview of the TELECOM study. In Vermeulen,A & Oddens, and B.J (Eds), Androgens and the Aging Male (pp 85-102)

Low Testosterone in Epileptic males.-normal-testosterone-levels-age.png

Vermeulan, A. (1996). Declining Androgens with Age:An Overview. In Vermeulen A., & Oddens, & B.J. (Eds.), Androgens and the Aging Male (3-14)

Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 1999 22 (1):1-19
4,393 men in a study. 32-44 yrs old. Average testosterone was 679 ng/dL

You're free testosterone should be

TESTOSTERONE, FREE
Males (adult):
20 - <25 years: 5.25-20.7 ng/dL
25 - <30 years: 5.05-19.8 ng/dL
30 - <35 years: 4.85-19.0 ng/dL
35 - <40 years: 4.65-18.1 ng/dL
40 - <45 years: 4.46-17.1 ng/dL
45 - <50 years: 4.26-16.4 ng/dL
50 - <55 years: 4.06-15.6 ng/dL
55 - <60 years: 3.87-14.7 ng/dL
60 - <65 years: 3.67-13.9 ng/dL
65 - <70 years: 3.47-13.0 ng/dL
70 - <75 years: 3.28-12.2 ng/dL
75 - <80 years: 3.08-11.3 ng/dL
80 - <85 years: 2.88-10.5 ng/dL
85 - <90 years: 2.69-9.61 ng/dL
90 - <95 years: 2.49-8.76 ng/dL
95-100+ years: 2.29-7.91 ng/dL

mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/83686

Those are the reference ranges I have. All the doctors I have talked to have the normal range of somewhere between about 200-1000 give or take a 100 on both ends. That is often between the ages of 20-80 roughly. Sometimes 19-75. The range is not age specific and I have had a hell of a time trying to explain that. The range covers about 50 years.

I'm going to start here with my references about temporal love epilepsy and the statistics for sexual dysfunction that includes limp dick, low or no interest in sex, loss of intense orgasm. Men with Epilepsy are less fertile to summarize it. We get married less as well from one of these articles.

Hormonal Aspects of Epilepsy

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2818554/#!po=14.0476

Testosterone supplementation can be effective for men with Epilepsy and sexual dysfunction. It may improve sexual function AND mood. It has even been shown to reduce seizures/raise the seizure threshold.

25% of men with Epilepsy had sexual dysfunction.

55% had at least 1 form. Erections problems, loss of interest, soft erections, decreased sensativity, weak orgasm, trouble achieving climax.

15% had erectile dysfunction.

15% orgasm dysfunction.

40% had a loss in sexual desire.

Reproductive Endocrine Disorders in Men with Partial Seizures of Temporal Lobe Origin.

archneur.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=585201
Formerly Archives of Neurology

55% had diminished sexual interest or reduced potency.
40% had reproductive endocrine disorders with features of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (5 people ), hyporolactinmia (2 people), or hypergonadotropic hypogonadism (2 people ).

40% (9 people) of the cases could not be attributed to anti-epileptic medications.

Epilepsy itself may cause it.

Low testosterone may "promote the development of epileptic discharges".

Will be back to finisb

Last edited by Mycelium; 08-12-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:15 AM   #2
pharmacist
Vet

pharmacist is on a distinguished road
Interesting .... Good read!
pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote