Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #16
Glycomann

Warhead, I hope things are getting back to better. Maybe this will help. It took a long time to figure out my own psychology but I think there are a lot of us here that are similar. Depression and anxiety seems to stem from a perception that we are not moving forward or even backwards in our lives.

Pretty much the present doesn't exist other than now.. wait it's gone.. now... fuckit's gone again. Anyway the present is somcethingextremely fleeting. The points in time that really matter are the past and the future. The past informs us how to plan for the future. Our sense of worth, or calm, or our feelings of anxiety or depression, all come from our past informing us in the present put what our prospects are.

So, to move to a better place, meaning one where we feel a sense of worth and purpose is to plan and do things that impact us in a way that produces that effect. For me it's getting to the gym and improving, doing scientific research, getting my yard in order, going to town meetings, writing scientific papers, teaching folks about stuff I am good at.

You have a set of talents and those can be used to do things that will be in the past. Reflecting back on those accomplishments will reduce anxiety, depression, lead to greater self worth and give you a sense of purpose. AS men I think that is the state we want to create. There is no perpetual state of happiness. There is only finding purpose and accomplishment in the endless battle against chaos... accidents, signs of aging, etc.

You are a strong man. You have rushed headlong into the chaos countless times and emerged whole and stronger. Once you build those new experiences, and move past old experiences that inform you now, you will find your purpose and that will inform you day to day how to take the next steps, make the next plans, make the next accomplishments and continually move forward.

I hope this makes sense.

G
Old 04-16-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
Warhead14
Banned

Warhead14 will become famous soon enoughWarhead14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Warhead, I hope things are getting back to better. Maybe this will help. It took a long time to figure out my own psychology but I think there are a lot of us here that are similar. Depression and anxiety seems to stem from a perception that we are not moving forward or even backwards in our lives.

Pretty much the present doesn't exist other than now.. wait it's gone.. now... fuckit's gone again. Anyway the present is somcethingextremely fleeting. The points in time that really matter are the past and the future. The past informs us how to plan for the future. Our sense of worth, or calm, or our feelings of anxiety or depression, all come from our past informing us in the present put what our prospects are.

So, to move to a better place, meaning one where we feel a sense of worth and purpose is to plan and do things that impact us in a way that produces that effect. For me it's getting to the gym and improving, doing scientific research, getting my yard in order, going to town meetings, writing scientific papers, teaching folks about stuff I am good at.

You have a set of talents and those can be used to do things that will be in the past. Reflecting back on those accomplishments will reduce anxiety, depression, lead to greater self worth and give you a sense of purpose. AS men I think that is the state we want to create. There is no perpetual state of happiness. There is only finding purpose and accomplishment in the endless battle against chaos... accidents, signs of aging, etc.

You are a strong man. You have rushed headlong into the chaos countless times and emerged whole and stronger. Once you build those new experiences, and move past old experiences that inform you now, you will find your purpose and that will inform you day to day how to take the next steps, make the next plans, make the next accomplishments and continually move forward.

I hope this makes sense.

G
Makes a lot of sense bro and thank you! I am starting to see some light and it aint a train light coming at me!
Warhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #18
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing your personal information. Also a motorcycle rider of over 40 years. The damage to your hand from the accident is enough to stress anyone out. Regarding your BP, I’m 58 and my BP hasn’t been to your level since 2008, but I digress, those green shakes sound pretty good! I quit my job when my BP got to 227/135, now it’s really low, just 179/135! Hey, look at the bright side, yo’ve got another 30-40 years to go. That’s enough time for a few more kids to a young filly, you can be their soccer coach and all ( but I don’t see you in a mini-van, , sorry). At our age it’s all about mobility; mind, body, and spirit. Keep moving!
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #19
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really nice
i am 53 i don't follow any rules of diet or anything else lol still doing great and winning powerlifting comps

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #20
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
damn, a lot of good fellas here with great advice. I appreciate all of your time of giving positive feedbacks. Something I will be hanging on to as I get older. You got a lot of support here, Warhead. Hang in there, bud and keep us all posted...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #21
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
My meals are all clean except the occasional sausage, green pepper and onion dog or cookies.
Consistency is where it t pays off. The marathon vs sprint approach.
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote