• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTAaron

Workout 4 - Rotation 4
    LT=9/26/06 TT=10/9/06 RP=Rest Paused

Seated Alternating Curls:
    LT: 50lbs x 14 RP
    TT: 40lbs x 14 RP (palms up the whole time, 6 second negative each rep)
    *changed these up a little... doing the super long negative really hurts!

Pinwheel Curls:
    LT: 40lbs x 10 (6 second negative each rep)
    TT: 40lbs x 11 (same)
    *tried doing these with wrist straps as Dante recommends, had some issues with them slipping.

Cybex Rotary Calf:
    LT: 150 x 12 (5 second negative each rep, 15 second stretch at bottom of each rep)
    TT: 155 x 11 (same)

Hack Squat:
    LT: 380+sled x 11; 290+sled x 20
    TT: 450+sled x 6; 320+sled x 12??
    *Not the best widowmaker set ever Pretty happy with the weight jump on my main set though.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts:
    LT: 125, 145, 165, 185, 205, 225 x 6 each - no rest between sets
    TT: 130, 150, 170, 190, 210, 230 x 6 each - no rest between sets

NOTES:
    Pretty happy with the workout today. The weight drop on curls was expected because of the enhanced negative, and keeping my palms up the whole time - you'd be surprised how much harder that makes things!
    Funny story: I walked over to the hack squat machine to see how much longer the guy on it was going to be. He said "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'll only be one more set. I'm really sorry." I gave him a funny look and said "No rush, I was just wondering, no big deal." He said "Really sorry about that. I'm doing this whole body circuit workout - it is a killer I don't know why I do it to myself!" Then he looks at me and says "You're a powerlifter right? I always see you doing those powerlifter exercises and you've got that chart your always writing on." I said "No, I just like doing those exercises and trying to go as heavy as I can." and I laughed. He said "Oh... so then you're a powerlifer!" I said "Well... not exactly..." He said something else kind of funny that I can't remember and walked off laughing to do his next set. It was kind of fun. Apparently I don't blend in as well as I thought I do at this gym! LOL!

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 3 - Rotation 3
      (should have been workout 5 - see NOTES)
      LT = 9/22/06 TT = 10/11/06 RP=Rest Paused

Decline Barbell Bench Press:
      LT: 235 x 11 RP
      TT: 235 x 13 RP

Smith Close Grip Bench Press:
      LT: 160lbs x 17 RP
      TT: forgot to do them... see NOTES

Icarian Machine Shoulder Press:
      LT: 130lbs x 15 RP
      TT: 140lbs x 14 RP

Behind the Head Rack Chins:
      LT: +25lbs x 17 RP
      TT: +25lbs x 18 RP

Floor Deadlifts:
      275lbs x 5; 225 x 8
      *No LT on these - last time I did rack deads 275x6, 225x10 - but I thought I would switch back to floor deads for a while. Did the same weights as my rack deads, thats kind of sad.

NOTES:
      Got to the gym today intending to do Workout 5 as scheduled... then I realized the workout I did on Sunday was the same as my Workout 5 routine! I thought I had done the Workout 3 routine sunday, but I didn't have my log book with me. Anyway - thats why I did workout 3. It is only on its 3rd rotation anyway since it got missed one other time as well.
      I never got to my close grip benches today - after I finished Declines I was about to walk to the smith machine and I noticed the asshole that hogs the smith machine all day was on his way over to it. I started to walk faster, but realized I was forgetting my water jug - had to go back and get it... and he beat me to it! I decided to go back to them at the end of the workout - and while I was doing deadlifts he finally left the machine. As I was putting away my weights a lady grabbed the machine and started doing HEAVY squats with it (she had 5 pounds on each side of the bar!!!!) So I gave up on trying to get my triceps in. Yes I know - shouldn't make fun of people doing light weights... but 5lbs on either side of the smith machine... thats 25lbs total... if she can walk up a flight of stairs she should be able to do more than that!!! Okay, I'll stop

Comment

• Matt76
        • May 2007

well I find myself and the Powerlifting team hogging the squat rack for hours at a time. Most of the time it doesn't matter though as nobody ever squats anyway

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 1 - Rotation 5
          LT=10/3/06 TT=10/18/06 RP=Rest Paused

Incline Smith Bench Press:
          LT: 205lbs x 15 RP
          TT: 215lbs x 12 RP

Smith Shoulder Press:
          LT: 165lbs x 13 RP
          TT: 170lbs x 12 RP

EZ Curl on the Floor Triceps:
          LT: 95lbs x 13 RP
          TT: 95lbs x 14 RP

Rack Chins to the Front:
          LT: +35lbs x 17 RP
          TT: +45lbs x 15 RP

Cable Close Grip Rows:
          LT: 176lbs x 11 straight set
          TT: 180lbs x 12 straight set

NOTES:
          Not very impressive workout today...

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 2 - Rotation 3
            (should be rotation 4, but I was sick last time this workout came up)
            LT=9/20/06 TT=10/17/06 RP=Rest Paused

Barbell Preacher Curl:
            LT: 60lbs+bar x 15 RP
            TT: 60lbs+bar x 18 RP

Dumbell Hammer Curl (6 second negative each rep):
            LT: 40lbs x 11
            TT: 40lbs x 12
            *Grip was giving out on these... hands/forearms were too pumped!

Powersquat Machine Calf Raises (5 second negatives, 15 second stretch each rep):
            LT: 160+sled x 12
            TT: 160+sled x 12
            *OUCH!!! Holy crap! LOL!

Cybex Prone Hamstring Curl:
            LT: 140lbs x 17 RP
            TT: 140lbs x 20 RP

Barbell Squat (ass to the floor):
            LT: 225 x 7; 245 x 3
            TT: 245 x 4; 185 x 5
            *Couldn't get my breath back after the 245 set... tried 225 for 8 and only got 2, dropped to 185 for 10 and only got 5... Oh well. Ran over and did a quick high rep set of knee extensions after these.

NOTES:
            Not a bad day for progressions considering I haven't done any of these exercises for a whole month! LOL! If that doesn't speak volumes about how effective the DC program is, I don't know what does!
            Funny story during squats today: I was standing there with my warmup weights on the bar... and one of the "old man that thinks he owns the gym" crowd showed up in a squat rack next to the power cage I was using... he stood there staring at me for a minute, and put the same weight on his bar. I did my warmup set of trying to touch my ass to the floor deep as possible squats, and racked the bar. He looks over to make sure I am looking at him - and does the same weight for a set of 10 ... going down ALMOST 1/4 of the way! LOL! His knees barely bent, and he almost went down 6 inches. I put on my workout weight, put on my knee wraps and so on... he loads up the same weight... I do my set of 4 ass to the floor squats - and I'm pissed because I only got 4... I glance over and see him start his set ... again 1/4 range, racks the bar and struts around like a badass. I couldn't help but laugh. Great stuff.

Comment

• PTAaron

Looks like I forgot workout 3 in this journal... I thought I typed that one up... oh well...

Workout 4 - Rotation 5
              LT = 10/9/06 TT = 10/23/06 RP = Rest Paused

Seated Alternating Curls (6 second negative, palm up the whole time):
              LT: 40lbs x 14 RP
              TT: 40lbs x 19 RP

Pinwheel Dumbell Curls (6 second negatives):
              LT: 40lbs x 11 straight set
              TT: 40lbs x ?? Screwed this set up ... started out doing the wrong exercise, lost my grip, dumbells slipped out of my hand...

Cybex Rotary Calf:
              LT: 155lbs x 11 (5 second negatives, 15 second stretch reach rep)
              TT: 155lbs x 7 ?? Umm... yeah I don't know what happened.

Hack Squat (as deep as possible without back rounding):
              LT: 450lbs + sled x 6; 320lbs + sled x 12
              TT: 500lbs + sled x 8!!; 360lbs + 20!!

Stiff Leg Deadlifts:
              LT: 130, 150, 170, 190, 210, 230lbs x 6 reps each - no rest between sets
              TT: 135, 155, 175, 195, 215, 235lbs x 6 reps each - no rest

NOTES:
              This workout started out great... then went downhill quickly. I totally screwed up the pinwheel curls - I started out doing hammer curls, then I started losing my grip and couldn't hold the stupid dumbells. Calf raises I just couldn't move the weight past rep 7...
              Redeemed myself though on Hack Squats!

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 5 - Rotation 4
                LT=9/27/06 TT=10/25/06 RP=Rest Paused IIPPI=If it protrudes pierce it IIDTI=If it doesn't, tattoo it

Hammer Strength Incline Bench:
                LT: 135lbs each side x 11 RP
                TT: 135lbs each side x 12 RP
                *DAMN IT, I wanted 13 or 14!!

Reverse Grip Smith Bench Press:
                LT: 205lbs x 10 RP
                TT: 205lbs x 12 RP

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press:
                LT: 75lbs per side x 14 RP
                TT: 80lbs per side x 13 RP

Front Pulldown "Bodymasters":
                LT: 196lbs x 15 RP
                TT: 196lbs x 16 RP

Smith Bent Overhand Row:
                LT: 160lbs x 10 straight
                TT: 170lbs x 11 straight

NOTES:
                I'm not very happy with this workout at all. I felt weak the whole time. Even the warm-up weights felt heavy. I progressed everything, but I wanted to really blow the numbers away. The fact that it has been a month since I really did this workout makes me feel a little better about it - but I still should have been able to do better.

Comment

• Akira

^ PT - how's your food intake for energy dude? Maybe a contributing factor?? Just wondering, first thing that comes to mind.

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by Akira
                    ^ PT - how's your food intake for energy dude? Maybe a contributing factor?? Just wondering, first thing that comes to mind.
                    Its been hit and miss with the diet... problem is I keep falling asleep before I having my pre-bedtime shake.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 6 - Rotation 4
                      LT=9/29/06 TT-10/27/06 RP=Rest Paused

Barbell Drag Curls:
                      LT: 100lbs x 12 RP
                      TT: 100lbs x 15 RP

1-Arm Reverse Cable Curls:
                      LT: 6 plates x 12 (6 second negative each rep)
                      TT: 7 plates x 7 (same)
                      *Stupid cable stack... starting at 7 the plates change size and are a lot bigger than first 6 plates... so this was a really big jump instead of the slight jump it was supposed to be!

Leg Press Calf Raise (5 second negatives, 15 second stretch at bottom of each rep):
                      LT: 200lbs + sled x 12
                      TT: 220lbs + sled x 12

Sumo Leg Press:
                      LT: 630lbs + sled x 12
                      TT: 630lbs + sled x 13

Leg Press:
                      LT: 770lbs + sled x 8; 590lbs + sled x 21
                      TT: 770lbs + sled x 9; 590lbs + sled x 16

NOTES:
                      Been a month since this workout was last done... and for some reason this workout has only been done 6 times since June!! Pretty happy with progressing things despite missing it so much.
                      The pre-workout product I had tested out today seemed to make my quads get almost TOO pumped up... I almost had to stop the widowmaker set on leg press earlier because it felt like my thighs were going to pop!!

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 1 - Rotation 6
                        LT: 10/18/06 TT: 10/30/06 RP: Rest Paused

Incline Smith Bench Press:
                        LT: 215lbs x 12 RP
                        TT: 220lbs x 12 RP

Smith Shoulder Press:
                        LT: 170lbs x 12 RP
                        TT: 175lbs x 11 RP

EZ Curl on the Floor Triceps:
                        LT: 95lbs x 14 RP
                        TT: 95lbs x 15 RP

Rack Chins to the Front:
                        LT: +45lbs x 15 RP
                        TT: +45lbs x 16 RP
                        *The plate shifted in the middle of part 2 of the RP - would have had at least 1 more rep if that hadn't happened.

Close Grip Cable Row:
                        LT: 180lbs x 12 straight set
                        TT: 190lbs x 11 straight set

NOTES:
                        Coming into week 9 of this blast phase. I usually only go 8-10 weeks so we're nearing the end of this one... Started this blast phase on 8/21/06 - so I'll be at almost 3 months by the time this one is over with. Gains are slow, but they are still coming - which is surprising considering how off bad my diet is on the weekends. Keeping it pretty consistant during the week finally - but not like I was when I was working with In-Human. Something about having a 280lb monster guiding you along that keeps you on track!
                        Anyway... this workout wasn't bad. Progressed on everything, but it took some serious willpower.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 2 - Rotation 4
                          LT: 10/17/06 TT: 11/1/06 RP: Rest Paused

Preacher Curl (EZ Bar):
                          LT: 60lbs + bar x 18 RP
                          TT: 70lbs + bar x 12 RP
                          *Probably should only have gone up 5lbs to keep it in the 15-20RP range, oh well!

Dumbell Hammer Curl:
                          LT: 40lbs x 12 (6 second negative each rep)
                          TT: 45lbs x 10 (same)

Calf Raise on the PowerSquat Machine:
                          LT: 170+sled x 12 (15 second strech at bottom of each rep, 5 second negatives)
                          TT: 180+sled x 12 (same)

Cybex Hamstring Curl:
                          LT: 140lbs x 20 RP
                          TT: didn't do it because of hamstring tendon issue (see NOTES)

Barbell Squat:
                          LT: 245lbs x 4; 185 x 5
                          TT: 275lbs x 2; 135 x 10
                          *See NOTES

NOTES:
                          First off - I almost didn't make this workout... I ALMOST got out of my subdivision today before I had some major issues start in my abdominal region - ended up having to turn back around and barely made it into the bathroom... I didn't want to postpone the workout though... so I took some "pink stuff" and headed back out to the gym.
                          Pretty happy with my bicep/forearm progressions. I probably shouldn't have gone up 10lbs on preachers - but this is the last time I'm doing this workout before the "cruise period" so I thought I would take a risk.
                          Didn't do hamstrings because I am still having pain in the hamstring tendon from whatever I did over the weekend. It is a LOT better than it was - we did a really cool taping technique on it at work on Monday and that made a big difference.
                          Squats... I am embarassed by my squat weights. Ever since I started going "ass to the grass" I haven't been able to progress my weights worth a damn. The heaviest I have gone is 265 for 7 with "full range" compared to so much more for "parallel". Whatever - quit whining! Today I decided to throw on 275 to see what would happen. I got 2 easily - on rep 3 I got about 1/3 of the way up and realized I was starting to round out my back by leaning forward, so I just ditched the rep and put the barbell down on the safety stops (that is why I LOVE power cages!). I thought I would do 225 for my 8-12 rep set... I went down for the first rep, and ended up having to leave the barbell on the safety stops again! LOL!! Went ahead and just did 135 for 10 after that so I could get the hell out of the gym.

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 3 - Rotation 5
                            LT=10/20/06 TT=11/3/06 RP=Rest Paused

Decline Barbell Bench Press:
                            LT: 240lbs x 13 RP
                            TT: 245lbs x 11 RP
                            *Happy with 11... my arms were shaking just warming up, so I'm amazed I got 11! LOL!

Smith Close Grip Bench Press:
                            LT: 180lbs x 15 RP
                            TT: 195lbs x 12 RP
                            *Kicked ASS on this one!

Icarian Shoulder Press Machine:
                            LT: 150lbs x 14 RP
                            TT: 160lbs x 11 RP
                            *Didn't kick quite as much ass on this one

Rack Chins Behind the Head:
                            LT: +35lbs x 18 RP
                            TT: +35lbs x 19 RP

Floor Deadlifts:
                            LT: 295 x 3; 225 x 8
                            TT: just did warmup - see notes.

NOTES:
                            Good workout today. I felt SOOOO weak on decline bench press today, it was kind of sad! When I unracked the 245 my arms were shaking like leaves! Once I got the weight moving I was OK though.
                            Deadlifts - Yeah. I didn't do them today. I got to 225 on my warm-up sets and I was just not feeling like I was in the right groove. There was no way I was going to put on any more weight than that with it feeling so off today. Not worth the risk of a low back injury just before starting my cruise period!

Comment

• PTAaron

Workout 4 - Rotation 6
                              LT=10/23/06 ... TT=11/6/06 ... RP=Rest paused

Seated Alternating Curls:
                              LT: 40lbs x 18 RP
                              TT: 45lbs x 16 RP
                              *Set done with palms up whole time and 6 second negatives each rep

Dumbell Hammer Curls:
                              LT: screwed up the set - did wrong exercise, then grip gave out
                              TT: 40lbs x 9 (6 second negative)
                              *Bad. May drop this exercise for next blast period.

Cybex Rotary Calf Raise:
                              LT: 155 x 7 (15 second stretch, 5 second negative) - this was a really bad day
                              TT: an older lady was on it when I needed it, so I did hacks first - then I didn't feel like I could do calves anymore. I'm a pansy.

Hack Squats (deep as possible without back coming off pad):
                              LT: 500lbs + sled x 8; 360lbs + sled x 20 (widowmaker)
                              TT: 530lbs + sled x 7; 380lbs + sled x 20 (widowmaker)
                              *Yeah buddy! Nothin but a peanut! LOL! I'm happy with that progression.

Stiff Leg Deadlift:
                              LT: 135, 155, 175, 195, 215, 235 all x 6reps - no rest except adding plates
                              TT: 140, 160, 180, 200, 220, 240 all x 6 reps (same)

NOTES:
                              Really happy with this workout even though Pinwheel curls sucked, and I didn't do calves... lol! Nice way to end the blast phase for this workout.

Comment

• KC Lifter

ll

Comment

Working...