Shandi's Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin6

Those little things happen, just keep moving on my dear.

Comment

• laurie

try not to become scale obssessed. weighing everyday is unnecessary.better if at all to weigh once a week. muscle weighs more than fat.
      do body fat checks and how your clothes are fitting etc.
      i never weigh.. just my two cents

Comment

• Shandi

Thanks Laurie, I understand what you are saying. I generally only weigh on Mondays, I would rather measure my inches and I also take pics and look at the pics. I tell everyone, I dont care how much I weigh as long as I am smaller. That is why my goal is not to get back down to my regular weight because I realize that with working out, it would be hard to be that light. Anyway, the only thing I was trying to say here was that I will never become scale obsessed, I hate my scale. I just like looking at it once a week to see the numbers going down. I know that even with muscle, I should have a much lower number. Once again, thank you.

Goblin, thank you as well.

I think I use the scale mostly to keep myself motivated to keep going. For example, tonight at work I was craving a baked potato so bad and I almost got one. Then I remembered my progress and got a petite grilled chicken breast and a salad. I met all of my goals this week also so I am so proud of myself.

My goals for next week are:
        1. Lose 2 pounds
        2. Exercise daily (nothing too hard, just like a walk on my off days, I let my body rest when it needs to)

I know these things may seem crazy to others, but I have to do what works for me. Setting these little goals helps me have something to work towards because I do not want to have to post in here that I did not accomplish such an easy goal. I do not beat myself up over the first goal though, I just put it in there so I feel like I accomplish something at the end of the week.

Comment

• laurie

it doesnt sound crazy at all, trust me i completely understand. i had some health issues for a few mths(cancer) and am just noew getting on my feet so i have to go at what pace is comfortable for me.
          i just used to have an obsession w scale, now i dont weigh. ike u said it is best to go by pics, clothes etc.
          keep it up girl. you are rockin

Comment

• Shandi

I'm sorry to hear that Laurie, I have seen where you have mentioned your health in your posts. Thanks for all of your encouraging words, they mean a lot.

Comment

• Shandi

I have been away from here for awhile, things have been kind of hectic. I am so tired right now that I do not really know what to say. I may have been fired from my job also, but I am taking a different approach and I am just going to deal with it. My mom was at the ER alone last night and she is more important to me than my job. She needed someone there with her so I told them at work that she was there and the boss says "I'm Sorry" and walks off. I waited an hour for him to tell me I could leave and I called my husband and told him to come get me and I left. So then my boss took me off the schedule, real nice guy there!

We are going to the beach this weekend with my mom, I will probably post a few pics when we get back. I am so excited about jogging on the beach in the early morning. I cannot wait! So, I feel great right now. I found a new drink called FUZE that I am really liking right now and I am taking a Stacker a day and it helps me get energized to get off my butt and work out. They are all natural with none of the illegal stuff in them, they just give me the needed boost to get off my butt and work out. Next summer I am buying a new bathing suit for the beach trip and I am determined it will be a 2 piece that shows some skin!

Comment

• laurie

sorry to hear of your mom. is she ok. your right if your job doesnt understand f them..
                i love the beach.. i wanna move to florida where my mom is..
                have fun and keep rockin. and those fuze drinks are yum. i get them all the time.

Comment

• Shandi

Thanks Laurie, it helps to see someone understanding the situation with my mom. She is okay I guess, they said it was just inflammation of her chest wall where she had an upper respiratory infection. I am hoping they are right, but I am not too crazy about the ER here because they told my stepdad that he was having heartburn when he was going into a massive heart attack.

And yeah, the fuze drinks are yum, I am glad I tried one because I normally will not try new things.

Comment

• laurie

i know how scary that can be with health issues. i got hit w a load this summer with cancer, surgeries, staph infections so i know what it's like when pthers dont take it serious and arent sensitive to what's goin on w us or our loved ones.

anyway, i will keep her in my prayers.

Comment

Working...