Ryan's log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheWICKED

Ryan's log

PAST TWO DAYS WORTH OF WORK!!! And I tore it the fuck UP!!!

BACK!!!

bent over barbell rows:

135x12x1
    315x8x1
    415x6x1 too heavy so I dropped to 385 for 4 and still wasn't perfect form so I dumped it down to 335 and finished out the set. Didn't have it this time. I'm thinking that for awhile, 365 might be the weight I wanna work with and try for more on my other back exercises just because I want this exercise PERFECT and 405 just isn't there. I can leave over beyond 45* and work with 365 but start standing up with 405 at about the 8th rep. No go for me imho...

seated cable rows:
    300x16x1+10 rp (26 rep total...hit a new first set goal pr and total rep pr in only two sets)

h/s high pulls: better than last time...

4platesx10x1+5 rp right side
    4platesx10x1+rp left side not bad...

supported dumbbell rear delt raises:

75lbsx10x1+7rp. 15lbs heavier and still made my rep goal total the first time! NEW PR! Never did any rear delt work this heavy..must be all the heavy back shit giving me sick rear delt strength too.

TRAPS!!

135x10x1
    315x10x1
    600x15x1+8rp. Still feels good working with this weight. I'll stick with it for awhile..at least until i get 20 reps on the first set.

---------------------------------------

LEGS! AND I SET A NEW PR IN EVERY FUCKING LIFT I DID TODAY!!!
    ...and I need to also remember to buy some chalk. Chalking my back and the bar keeps it from sliding around as much. Fuck the no chalk rule!!

SQUATS!!!
    135x10x1
    315x5x1 mid range warmup
    500x11x1+5rp+3 RP WITH 525!!! I wasn't happy with some of my first set depth on a couple of them..so I made it up with 525 to the dirt! I LOVE TO FUCKING SQUAT!!! Not only did I meet my overall total I wanted to hit with 500 BUT BLEW IT AWAY WITH 1 EXTRA REP!!! and 525 was EASY!!! I got nervous again and said "FUCK THIS SHIT!!!" apparenlty loud enough that a few people stopped and looked at me with concern. LOL I had to get psyched and get the jitters out! AND I SMASHED THE FUCK OUT OF IT....too bad my legs have cramped up bad 3 times since I quit my workout I hit it so hard.

rack deads mid shin:

135x10x1
    315x3x1
    500x1x1
    600x1x1 ridiculously fucking easy..I know I can pull 600 off the floor no problem with just a belt.
    685x1x1 OH HELL YEAH! IT WAS CAKE TOO! used straps though..but went 10lbs heavier than I HAVE EVER PICKED UP ANYTHING OFF THE RACK OR OTHERWISE!! Didn't go for another rep though..didn't want to push it.
    600x4x1 reset and regrip each time with no straps! EASY! I think I'm going to work on hitting 10 reps with 600 and sitting here typing this... I know I can get it easily with how easily I'm standing up with it. I ALSO REVERSED MY GRIP!

I have a theory that there might be a direct correlation with my grip on my deads vs my unilateral strength from what I've found while lifting and looking at past workouts and questions that have arisen. I'll post this in further detail tomorrow. I don't feel like retyping everything I wrote in my journal again tonight.

on a side note..I think I'm only a few workouts away from pulling 700!!!

hacks:

8platesx20x1+12rp!! 2 more reps than last time! ANOTHER PR! This one I have a harder time working with than even squats because they get very painful and tiring very fast adn I hafta really push myself.

..some ab shit.

MORE NOTES:

I've had alot of down time and work and have not only reread alot of what I've posted here but also asked myself soem questions and tried to find answers to them in the training. Everything is always there infront of you if you used logic and deductive reasoning and some common ass sense if you want it. The first thing I've realized is that I've come farther, even being over a month off, than I have ever been period in my training. I think alot of it has to do with my new style of training. I see results faster and more consistenty than any other style of training I've ever done. I see progress with one more rep, moving up in weight, trying new exercises that I haven't done in awhile and blowing my old pr's away. Pushing myself for one more rep adds up over time! I now highly recommend this style of training because not only does it push you to work hard but also motivates you due to the results and rate of progress, even though sometimes very slight, you see. Any progress is progress period. You don't get bog'd down in ruts, hit plateaus often, and can ALWAYS see where you've come versus where you were only a week or two ago! One more rep adds up over time and before you knwo it you're slaughtering weights you didn't think were possible and learn alot about what your body reacts to the whole time. Something to think about....

sorry for all the extra verbage. It's a log and wanted to post comments and thoughts for others to read along with as well and maybe help further their training too.
  • TheWICKED

ARMS!!

BICEPS!

seated dumbbell curls: still not really gaining here....

70lbsx7x1+5rp+4rp

seated dumbbell hammer curls:

80lbsx7x1+5rp

TRICEPS!

close grip bench press:

135x10x1
    225x5x1 mid range warmup
    365x5x1+3rp+4rp with 335

overhead dumbbell extensions:

40lbsx10x1+4rp left side
    40lbsx9x1+5 rp right side

forearm shit... behind the back barbell wrist curls

Comment

• Sadie

nice work out as usual

Comment

• ironmaidn

Mildly impressed...

Comment

• TheWICKED

I would've done alot better had I had my pink squatting shorts and my tiara! :eviltongu

Comment

• goes4ever
            • Sep 2004

awesome workouts!

Comment

• Shawty
              AE Female Member
              • Sep 2007

Good goin, PUSSAH!!
              Save a horse, ride a POWERLIFTER!!

Comment

• Sadie

Originally posted by TheWICKED
                I would've done alot better had I had my pink squatting shorts and my tiara! :eviltongu
                we are shit out of time for that... unless u can work out friday afternoon lol

Comment

• Sasa

Nice workout bruh

Comment

• Josh

Not bad. I will look you up this time when I am in Texas.

Comment

• RaptorMkII

Keep kickin' ass man!

Comment

• TheWICKED

nigga you can hate but, you're still standing there watchin!

CHEST!!! went for a little change of pace..

flat bench: BACK TO MY WIDER GRIP BECAUSE OF MY SHOULDER
                        !

135x12x1
                        315x3x1
                        405x3x1
                        415x1x1
                        445x1x1 (2 board) I feel it was a good lift and hit 10lbs heavier than the last time I was doing single attempts... ass off the seat though.
                        405x3x1

H/S incline press: I LIKE THIS EXERCISE! ONLY THING IS THE STARTING POSITION IS SO DEEP, I COULDN'T LOAD ALOT OF WEIGHT ON IT AND NOT RISK A TEAR... my chest stretches ridiculously just from getting my arms back and into the start position! I wish this thing had an adjustable seat. I loved how it felt though, can't go macho on the first time using this machine until I get used to it.

3plates per sidex7x1+4rp+2rp

incline flyes: I have serious issues with kicking back weights on the incline..need to work on that.
                        90lbsx12x1+10rp NEW PR!! last time I used 80's..

SHOULDERS! SUCKED!!!

seated military presses:

135x10x1
                        225x2x1

upright rows:

185x7x1 AGAIN WITH THE LOSS OF STRENGHT!!!

FINE! shit doesn't want to work for me...I'll beat the hell out of my delts with raises!!!

seated front dumbbell raises supersetted with seated dumbbell lateral raises

60lbsx12x1 +4rp right into seated lateral raises with 40lbsx10x1+6rp I WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!

two things....

I've noticed that I SUCK on incline movements so I'm going to start doing more of them like I said before AND shoulders are going back to their own days and biceps and triceps are going back to chest and back days. Iv'e been doing this shit for a good while now, it's time for a change again. I'll still do the rp stuff but need to shuffle some things around to see how it all works out. Still going 4 on and 1 off! Shoulders just aren't making gains and neither are my arms so they're going to be switched out.

Comment

• TheWICKED

WIPE ME DOWN!!! THIS SHIT IS OVER WITH!!!

BACK!!! had a badass back day....

bent over barbell rows:

135x15x1
                          365x15x1+6rp I still don't know why I can do these so well with good form but 405 kicks my ass. Oh well. I'll keep pluggin and get stronger on my other exercises!

H/S plate loaded rows: unilaterally...

6platesx15x1+6 rp left side
                          6platesx12x1+8rp right side

NEW PR ON THIS ONE! FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO GET 6 45LB PLATES ON THE HAMMER STRENGTH ROW!!

close grip lat pulldowns:

235x10x1+5rp

NEW PR!!! last time I was only able to do 220 and it was difficult.. 235 this time around was cake!

TRAPS!!!

barbell shrugs:

135x10x1
                          315x10x1
                          645x7x1+4rp+6rp dunno about this one. felt okay but wasn't able to get my traps as high as I was with 600. Time to work it!!!

speed shrugs with dumbbells:

125xfailure

REAR DELTS!

rear dealt supported raises:

80lbsx10x1+6rp NEW PR AGAIN!! I don't think I can go much heavier with these though.... I don't want it to become a back exercise/row instead of a raise.

Comment

• TheWICKED

LEGS!!! had ANOTHER GREAT DAY!

squats:

135x10x1
                            315x8x1
                            500x8x1+6rp+8rp OH FUCK YEAH! 15 second rests this time too! I got into the hole and drove it up hard!I did have two times where I got going too fast and let the bar slip down and had to rerack during the first rp set and almost dind't get the last rep in the whole thing but I was VERY happy!

DEADS!! FROM THE FLOOR!!
                            135x10x1
                            315x3x1
                            500x1x1
                            600x2x1 FROM THE FLOOR! NOT ONLY DID I BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST BY A 100 FUCKING LBS BUT I DID IT TWICE!!! NO STRAPS!!
                            ...continued on the rack

600x2x1
                            600x2x1
                            600x1x1
                            620x2x1
                            620x1x1

NO STRAPS THE WHOLE TIME! CHALK ONLY!!! I'M ECSTATIC! I KNEW I COULD PULL IT AND SOLIDIFIED IT WITH A SECOND REP! THE BEAST CAME OUT THE MOTHER FUCKING CAGE TODAY BABY!!!

one leg'd legpress: first time..will rotate with hacks every other week to help my knees out.

8platesx15x1+5rp right side..cuz I pussed out
                            8platesx20x1 left side..cuz I didn't puss out

and then some calve shit...

Comment

• TheWICKED

updated back..looking thicker and a lil wider

legs finally tape'd 28" with the same definition as they had last time. SQUATS ARE KING!!!

Comment

Working...