Shandi's Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shandi

Shandi's Log

First post is just going to contain my history. I have wanted to lose weight for many years now. It all started when I was 16 and I began having seizures. They put me on medications and I went from 98 pounds to 141 pounds in about two months. Even though I was overweight, it looked good on me. I could have toned up a little, but my belly was mostly flat and I had some definition to it. Then, I got pregnant and went from 141 to 165. That is pretty much the weight I have stayed at, but I did gain 5 more pounds here recently when I fell off the wagon.

I have gotten back on track, quit drinking all drinks except for an occassional diet drink, and am eating healthier. I have made it back down to 165, but my goal is to get down to 115 at the highest. My healthy weight range for my height is 95 to 105, but I am aiming for 115 right now. I actually set it into smaller 5 pound loss goals.

I have been doing good the past couple of days. I like to make 2 or 3 goals a week and strive to accomplish them. I weigh in on Mondays. The past couple of nights, I have given up my usual potato at work for a salad. I work seven days a week so you figure I eat a potato every night at work, that is a lot of baked potatos. So, I actually had four goals this week and they were:

1. Lose 1 pound
    2. Give up the diet drinks (they give me headaches)
    3. Switch from sweet tea to unsweet tea with splenda (I drink a lot of tea at work)
    4. Quit eating baked potatoes every night at work

My week for these goals ends on Monday so I will document how it all went then.

My exercise for today was not too much, today was kind of a rest day because we got up early to go get a chest x-ray for my hubby and then we got home and I fell back asleep. And, I have to be at work tonight at 3 so, I will do a lot of walking there.
  • laurie

How tall are you hun?

Comment

• Shandi

I am five feet even, does my goal weight sound about right?

Comment

• laurie

ok then yeah. sounds right. i am 5'1 so i was wondering.
        keep it up girl

Comment

• Sasa

Good luck and keep it up you'll reach your goals

Comment

• Elvis

good luck! you can do it

Comment

• Shandi

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I know I can do this and I think I am done falling off the wagon for now. Now, I may still make some mistakes because I am only human but I am tired of it all and it is time to take care of it the right way.

Tonight went very well. My dinner was not the healthiest thing in the world but it was all I had available other than a bunch of chips and cookies. I ate a lot less food tonight than I used to. I used to eat and eat just because it was there so I am doing really good compared to that. I had a pepperoni hot pocket, I only ate one with a glass of ice water and then I had a sugar free popsicle for dessert. I worked so hard tonight. I walked nonstop for about 4 hours at work and I am ready to literally crash into the bed. I do not mind that I ate the hot pocket, because I am just glad that I stayed away from the potato at work.

Comment

• Elvis

sometimes is better to eat a bit unhealthy than not eat at all

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by laurie
                  ok then yeah. sounds right. i am 5'1 so i was wondering.
                  keep it up girl
                  Hey girl we are the same height!

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by Shandi
                    First post is just going to contain my history. I have wanted to lose weight for many years now. It all started when I was 16 and I began having seizures. They put me on medications and I went from 98 pounds to 141 pounds in about two months. Even though I was overweight, it looked good on me. I could have toned up a little, but my belly was mostly flat and I had some definition to it. Then, I got pregnant and went from 141 to 165. That is pretty much the weight I have stayed at, but I did gain 5 more pounds here recently when I fell off the wagon.

I have gotten back on track, quit drinking all drinks except for an occassional diet drink, and am eating healthier. I have made it back down to 165, but my goal is to get down to 115 at the highest. My healthy weight range for my height is 95 to 105, but I am aiming for 115 right now. I actually set it into smaller 5 pound loss goals.

I have been doing good the past couple of days. I like to make 2 or 3 goals a week and strive to accomplish them. I weigh in on Mondays. The past couple of nights, I have given up my usual potato at work for a salad. I work seven days a week so you figure I eat a potato every night at work, that is a lot of baked potatos. So, I actually had four goals this week and they were:

1. Lose 1 pound
                    2. Give up the diet drinks (they give me headaches)
                    3. Switch from sweet tea to unsweet tea with splenda (I drink a lot of tea at work)
                    4. Quit eating baked potatoes every night at work

My week for these goals ends on Monday so I will document how it all went then.

My exercise for today was not too much, today was kind of a rest day because we got up early to go get a chest x-ray for my hubby and then we got home and I fell back asleep. And, I have to be at work tonight at 3 so, I will do a lot of walking there.

Lots of luck with your goals I lost 52 pounds in 10 months and you can do it too! You should pust for 1 to 2 pounds a week any more than that and you are losing muscle. Remember the more muscle fibers you recruit the more calories you burn. That's the beauty of muscle and muscle tone. Also remember 65% of losing weight is diet. You have to eat the right foods at the right times with the right portions. A small baked potato is fine, just not near bedtime or in the evening. It's actually better post workout.

Comment

• Shandi

Yeah, I know that a baked potato is not that bad, but I was having them at the end of the night at work which is about 9 pm so I knew that was bad. I am trying really hard this time so I am hoping that things will go a little better than they did before. I am so tired tonight that I do not really feel like writing much. We unlocked the doors at work at 4:30 pm and we literally did not slow down until after 9:30. Sometimes I exaggerate my nights at work by a few minutes, but literally for the entire 5 hours I was there, I maybe got to stand still for 30 seconds at a time when I was printing checks or settling checks. So, for tonight, I am gone to bed.

Comment

• Shandi

Just a quick post before I go to work. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to incorporate more exercise into my daily routine so, I am going to start getting up earlier and do the couch to 5k running plan. I used to love to run and I saw someone else on here mention that. I have done it before but did not follow through with it and this time I am going to follow through. So, off to work I go, more later.

Comment

• Shandi

Today was check in day anad for a change, I actually remembered to do it. My weight is down to 163 so I have lost 2 pounds this week. I have also lost a total of 6.5 inches. I lost 1/2 inch off each forearm, 1 inch off my bust, 1/2 inch from my abs, 1.5 inches off each leg at the thigh, and 1/2 inch off each calf. That makes for a lovely 6.5 inches this week.

I am the kind of person who wants to see progress really quickly so it is taking a lot for me to remember to be patient and keep at it. Today is the first day of my couch to 5k program so that with some ab and upper body work will be my workout for the day. Then I go to work at 3 and get to walk around all night waiting tables. So, thanks to all for your kind words of encouragement.

Comment

• Shandi

Okay, so I am a big dummy, I could have sworn it was just this morning that I weighed myself and I was 163. Hubby said "you dummy, you weighed yesterday morning". It was kind of funny because he was just wanting me to get on the scale and compare my afternoon weight with his. He keeps saying that he has this awesome plan to lose weight and that he is gonna lose way more than me and we have kind of turned it into a friendly competition. Well, I just stood on the scale and even with it being the middle of the day instead of early morning, my weight is 159. I am so excited that I feel like jumping up and down. I am ahead in the friendly competition, stats are:

Me: before - 170 today - 159 (11 pounds lost!!!!)
                            Hubby(Allen): before - 218 today - 212 (6 pounds lost!! Still good)

We went for a walk/jog together as a family today. I have decided to use my own method instead of the couch to 5k because my body is a little more accustomed to running so it is just way to easy for me. Allen had the dog running with him (she is a pitt/lab mix and wide open) and I was pushing the stroller with Bri. It was a lot of fun even though it was super hot. But, I have to be at work at 3 and I need to clean house so more later.

Comment

• Shandi

So, just a quick note because I have been looking at my numbers and I am just kind of like, not real to lose 4 pounds in a day thing. My hubby who called me a dummy, did not set the scale to "0" yesterday so when I set it to "0" this afternoon and weighed myself, that was the correct weight and yesterday it was off by a few pounds. I just know better now and I know that I need to pay attention to those things.

Comment

Working...