Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KitKat

Part duex of my doubleheader

10 min elliptical warm up, avg HR 140
    Overhead Cable Curl; 3 x 20 @ 80 lbs; rest 15 (Biceps, Isolation)
    Knee Hip Raise using the Roman Chair 2x20 straight, 2 side to side sets of 20; rest 15 (Isolation abs)
    Underhand Cable Pulldowns; 3 X 20 @ 50lbs; rest 10 (Lats; compound)
    Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown; 3 X 20 @ 50lbs; rest 10 (Lats; compound)
    High to low woodchop 5 lbs, 3 sets of 20 ; rest 5 per side (core)
    Seated Cable Rows; 3 x 20 @ 40lbs; rest 15 (middle Back, compound)
    Alternating Hammer Curl; 3 x 20 @ 10lbs; rest 15 (Biceps; Isolation)
    50 crunches on ball, 25 x 2 cross body crunches on ball, (abs)
    Cable Internal Rotation; 3 x 20 @ 7.5 lbs; rest 15 (Shoulders, Compound)
    Superman 2 x 60 sec. Plank 2 x 45 sec; rest 15 Side Plank 2 x 45 sec, 25 x 2 air bike rest 15 (core)
    Weight assisted chin up’s; 1 x 20 @ 85 lbs rest 20 (lifting 50lbs); (Biceps, compound)

Summary: 10 min cardio warm, 50 min back/bicep/core training. Avg HR 117

This kicked my tail. My energy stayed pretty high (especially for having spin at 6am) but my body is pretty achy and sore from yesterday’s triceps and chest workout. Tomorrow I am going to burrrrrrrrn. Oh and I feel weak My upper body strength has diminished

Comment

• Goblin6

It will return, you are totally changing training styles.
      Nice work my dear.

Comment

• KitKat

I woke up to use the restroom last night and my whole upper body ached. Everything, my biceps, triceps back and my freakin core hurt. I thought there is no way in hell that I would be able to do the run I had wanted to in the morning. Oh, the pain. Then I thought about my century ride, shit that is going to hurt. Especially since I'm not really resting.

So I wake up at 4:30am. I wanted to go running. I'm still a little sore but not nearly as bad as I was the first time I awoke. Aw, the benefits of sleeping on a heated mattress pad . So I jumped up (lol, ok my mind jumped, my body crawled) out of bed, downed a powergel, laced up my new Arial’s, grabbed my Ipod, water and mace and headed to the street. The start of my run felt good. My energy was high probably do to the powergel, (oh I mean crack) that I consumed prior. My feet and legs felt light and once again I felt like I was soaring through the wind. I had mapped out an 8.5 mile hilly run. My plan was to take this easy and slow and just put the mileage in; I'm slowly trying to get my shoes broken in. I stayed true to plan and paced myself. I'm not really a big fan of the dark and running in the mornings and evenings are going to be challenging for me. On several occasions I felt a surge of fear. Some of the streets were very dark and my mind started playing trick on me, I just held my mace tight. I hope this fear goes away, I don't like it. On a positive note, each time I hit a dark street it would push me to the end that much quicker. I ended my run feeling strong and accomplished. I started my day off right by spreading my wings……

Avg HR 160, easy 9:10 avg pace. New shoes work well.

Comment

• Goblin6

Good to hear. Nice way to push yourself, although lets be careful of overtrainig.
          And don't let the fear grab you, you have an aura about you. Which says "if anyone messes with her, theya re going to die in extremely painful and messy ways." Courtesy of ME.

Comment

• KitKat

Originally posted by Goblin6
            Good to hear. Nice way to push yourself, although lets be careful of overtrainig.
            And don't let the fear grab you, you have an aura about you. Which says "if anyone messes with her, theya re going to die in extremely painful and messy ways." Courtesy of ME.
            Thanks
            Yea, I'm trying to keep a close eye on it. This week is going to be rough. Next week I'll make sure to rest more. And I have a recovery allocated a day before and a day after my Century.

Comment

• Goblin6

Okay, just putting it out there. We all sometimes need to be reminded of what we already know. Helps if it comes from someone else

Comment

• KitKat

I just realized I forgot to post up my nutrition from yesterday.

10/2/07 - Double header day, 10 min cardio warm up 50 mins back/biceps and core, 60 min spin class

Calories 2015.73
                Carbs 356.38 71%
                Fiber 99.90 20%
                ECC 261.47 52%
                Protein 135.72 27%
                Fat 30.60 14%

Accounting for that damn fiber I can never equal 100%. Damn it.
                I managed my meals and snacks well and was caloric deficient. I don't know why the hell I'm trying to cut. Come Sat. I'll be carb loading for the century ride.

Comment

• KitKat

Yesterday's caloric breakdown 10/3/07

Calories 2443.98
                  Carbs 401.18 66%
                  Fiber 92.40 15%
                  ECC 308.78 51%
                  Protein 167.29 27
                  Fat 37.21 14%

I had a date and cheated on sushi. I still should have come in 100-300 calories deficient with the 8 1/2 mile run I did in the morning.

Comment

• KitKat

10/4/07 60 min lunch spin class.
                    The 50+ year old instructor Peter handed me my ass. Not really, ok but a bit. We had a contest on who could create the bigger sweat puddle, little did he know I’m a sweater and without a doubt won. I was at peak aerobic, borderline anaerobic 60% of the class, 30 anaerobic. Lots of hills with high cadence, endless freaking hills. I often thought about my climbs up Larch Mnt and Logie pass. Lol, this class was nothing compared to that. At the cool down phase Peter had us “dance” with our bike. Now this is an instructor who speaks my language, unfortunately I felt as if I was cheating on Cadence. I can’t wait to get her back.
                    2 days out til my century ride.

Comment

• SarahPT
                      AE Female Member
                      • Sep 2007

Enjoy the ride Sunday. Can't wait to hear about it.

Such a pain to run when it starts getting dark out early. I can't run in the dark here because there is no real side of the road to run on. Lucky that I have such a flexible schedule.
                      Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• KitKat

Yesterday's caloric breakdown 10/4/07 - 60 min high intensity spin class.

Calories 2345.30
                        Carbs 407.17 69%
                        Fiber 97.36 17%
                        ECC 324.81 55%
                        Protein 163.08 28%
                        Fat 31.32 12%

This is an estimate. I cheated last night. I went out to First Thursday (local art showing around the "snoby" distrcit) had 2 drinkss and caught up with my girlfriends.
                        I had, get this, a Pussy Wagon (Kill Bill) Martini made up of habenro infused vodka, cranberry juice and lime. And a small Salsa Margartia made up of Pepper infused Tequila with lime and cilantro. Sooooo good.

Comment

• KitKat

Friday afternoon swim

200 warm up
                          3 x 50 drills, A-Ok, Fist, Claw; rest 10 (technique)
                          1 x 100; rest 10 (mileage)
                          1 x 200; rest 15
                          1 x 300; rest 30
                          1 x 100; rest 10
                          1 x 300; rest 30
                          1 x 200; rest 15
                          1 x 100; rest 10
                          3 x 50 drills, A-Ok, Fist, Claw; rest 10 (technique)
                          6 x 50 paddles; rest 10 (force/stroke)
                          6 x 50 fins; (Turn over rate)
                          4 x 150 fartlec; rest 60 (speed intervals 90/30%)

200 cool down

Total Meters = 3200

I'm now hungry.

Comment

• laurie

Originally posted by KitKat
                            Yesterday's caloric breakdown 10/4/07 - 60 min high intensity spin class.

Calories 2345.30
                            Carbs 407.17 69%
                            Fiber 97.36 17%
                            ECC 324.81 55%
                            Protein 163.08 28%
                            Fat 31.32 12%

This is an estimate. I cheated last night. I went out to First Thursday (local art showing around the "snoby" distrcit) had 2 drinkss and caught up with my girlfriends.
                            I had, get this, a Pussy Wagon (Kill Bill) Martini made up of habenro infused
                            vodka, cranberry juice and lime. And a small Salsa Margartia made up of Pepper infused Tequila with lime and cilantro. Sooooo good.

spin classes are kick ass arent they?
                            ha ha you crack me up about the drink thing. for as hard as u work out it doesnt look like or sound like you are gonna do damage with the "cheat".

damn you are precise with your intake. do u use one of those sites to log get your %'s?

Comment

• KitKat

Thanks!
                              I research the nutritional values and log them in excel, come next month I'll have a full years worth of data/tracking.

Comment

• KitKat

Sat was a recovery day
                                Sunday I did my first century ride ~ Race/Ride report is in the endurance forum
                                Monday - Today - recovery day

Comment

Working...