Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 02-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #61
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aklion View Post
Bro, I am just now recovering from a severe shoulder impingement, and I tried everything to make it better. Then i tried hanging therapy. If you haven't tried it, and for anyone else having impingement issues, it is really simple. I would take 15 minutes out of my day after training, and just hang from a bar. I raise my arms out in front of me, not wide grip, and grab the bar, step off of the bench I'm standing on and then just hang for 30 seconds. Rest for 15-20 seconds and then hang for 30 more. I do this until 15 minutes is up. After the first session, I slept comfortably for the first time in months. I do it every day now, and I am almost at 100% again after doing it for a few weeks. There are youtube videos that explain the mechanics behind why it works, and it seriously saved my ass. i thought I was going to need surgery, and doing something this simple was all it took
Hey thanks for the tip brother. Actually, I used to do that all the time for many years, not only for shoulders but to relax the spine. But for the past 2 years, I can't even hang from a bar due to the pain in right shoulder. Weighing 250 doesn't help. It's so bad recently that I can't even do heavy pulldowns. I'm pretty sure I have a torn RC, and probably a host of other issues.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:41 PM   #62
Aklion
VET

Aklion will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Hey thanks for the tip brother. Actually, I used to do that all the time for many years, not only for shoulders but to relax the spine. But for the past 2 years, I can't even hang from a bar due to the pain in right shoulder. Weighing 250 doesn't help. It's so bad recently that I can't even do heavy pulldowns. I'm pretty sure I have a torn RC, and probably a host of other issues.
Sorry to hear that bro. If you can't hang with your entire body weight you more than likely do have a tear. I've thought about trying bpc 157 on my shoulder and my right knee. Have you ever tried peptides to help heal?
Aklion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:12 PM   #63
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Sorry to hear that bro. If you can't hang with your entire body weight you more than likely do have a tear. I've thought about trying bpc 157 on my shoulder and my right knee. Have you ever tried peptides to help heal?
Yes two times I tried bpc 157 and it did nothing. Can't say it wasn't legit, since my RC is probably too far gone for that to help. From what I understand, it will help to dramatically speed up the healing process, but it isn't magic - as in if you have torn RC, it isn't going to fix it.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #64
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Bro, I am just now recovering from a severe shoulder impingement, and I tried everything to make it better. Then i tried hanging therapy. If you haven't tried it, and for anyone else having impingement issues, it is really simple. I would take 15 minutes out of my day after training, and just hang from a bar. I raise my arms out in front of me, not wide grip, and grab the bar, step off of the bench I'm standing on and then just hang for 30 seconds. Rest for 15-20 seconds and then hang for 30 more. I do this until 15 minutes is up. After the first session, I slept comfortably for the first time in months. I do it every day now, and I am almost at 100% again after doing it for a few weeks. There are youtube videos that explain the mechanics behind why it works, and it seriously saved my ass. i thought I was going to need surgery, and doing something this simple was all it took
Hmm I might give this a whirl. My arms go numb when I sleep with them raised above my head.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:04 PM   #65
Aklion
VET

Aklion will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Hmm I might give this a whirl. My arms go numb when I sleep with them raised above my head.
my arms go numb while I sleep as well. I've been running ghrp 2 for a few months and it is much worse since I've been feeling the benefits. My hands swell, and my arms are typically numb every morning.
Aklion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #66
Dawgpound_Hank

So wtf might as well post a workout or two when I'm just cruising & not so strong. Been on trt/test e/c@125-150mg e9-10 days past 3 months. I wanted it to be once ew, but after 5 or 6 days I often forget until 10 days rolls around haha.

Bdwt down to 242, only place veins is still poppin' real good is quads & calves. Delts & arms veins have regressed a good bit. Obviously not as dense as when on also.

2-4-19 back & traps:

Underhand grip HS pulldowns (this is a very old HS machine that has a belt to hold you down, not a padded brace, and the belt has been broke for years, hence ya can't go so heavy as nothing is holding you down haha) - 90 x 20, 140 x 15, 180 x 12*, 200 x 9*

BB row - 135 x 15, 225 x 8, 275 x 8*, 295 x 5*
V-bar pulldowns - 160 x 12*, 180 x 8*
Seated cable row - 220 x 12*, 260 x 8* 160 x 22*(burnout)

DB shrugs - 70's x 20, 100's x 23*, 120's x 14*, 120's x 11*

Hyperextensions - 2 x max reps (30-35)* bdwt only

Treadmill 15 mins

* = worksets; all others are warm-ups/feel-sets
Old 03-27-2019, 10:00 PM   #67
Dawgpound_Hank

So I had an X-ray done in Feb, and it shows some arhtirtis and moderate degeneration. Ortho put me thru some movements and said I might have a torn RC. He scheduled me for an MRI appt following week. I got sick, so cancelled it. The MRI order is valid until May 1, so I have until then to get er done.

In the meantime, I've been doing a shit ton of band rehab exercises, and it has helped very much. I can sleep at night now without having to take any pain meds at all. I'm also 1 week in on a new BCP-157 run @ 1mg ed - hoping for better luck than past 2 times.

I can do bench on an old school bench machine, and cable flyes. Still can't do any flat, incline, decline presses or flyes. For shoulders I can do db side raises, rear delt work, and front raises with palms up. No overhead presses of any kind. I am content with that being it's enough for an easy gainer like me to keep the pecs & delts full. Also it's much easier to maintain the size I already have vs building from scratch.

I will decide about the MRI come end of April. If my end didn't cost so much, it woulda aready been done. But I gotta ask myself, if I'm gonna fork out this much $$, then I'm gonna have to get the surgery done too in this same year before all my deductable/my share starts over again at the new year. End of the day I have some other stuff coming up, and don't know if I want the extra financial burden haha.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #68
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
well let us hear if its a full tear or partial tear
Old 05-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #69
Dawgpound_Hank

I said screw the MRI for now. Don't wanna be rehabbing in the summer fukk that. I've been active with alot of band work/rehab, and another run of bpc-157. My functionality outside the gym is cool, no need for pain meds to sleep. Workouts still going strong - and with chest & shoulders, just getting alot of blood in there has kept most my size there. I can still bang arms, back & legs 100% - just no overhead db/ez bar work for tris anymore. .

I know a PT at the gym. Good guy - gives me tidbits and shows me exercises to rehab all the time. In his opinion, he thinks if I do have a torn RC, it's not fully torn. He also said it might not be torn at all and that the arthritis & degeneration can cause alot of pain in of itself. He bases this on the fact that my shoulder has healed alot since I could barely raise my arm, and also from a sequence of moves he put me thru to test the strength of the RC. But again, this was just his opinion, and he clearly stated that even so, an MRI is the only way to tell 100%. So if I am still dealing with this come late fall, I will prolly do the MRI & get cut on then.

End of quarterly update.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #70
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by water43 View Post
a lot of imfo from DPH has helped my wo's conciderably ……. to strech out hammies b4 deads .t- bar ,bbl rows too and glutes/hips otherwise I was constantly killin my lower back and I could forget it for a mnth or something like that . thanks dph
Just to add, you wouldn't believe how many guys I have mentioned this to who had lumbar issues and it helped them tremendously. Having tight hams is very common, and if something goes out in that posterior chain, it's rarely the hams, but more often the lumbar. Again, I wish I knew this info 30 years ago!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #71
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
well its realy helpful at my age.....if I extend my lower back I,m hurt and can barely stand for like a month , so whn I stretch out my hammies I also stretch glutes and I can actualy feel how tight everything is and when it loosens up from strechin them out b4 wo.