Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Peak-Muscle > News and Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #16
Boltbreaker

Old school Bad Ass. RIP makes me think anbout my own mortality as all the BBers are flopping in the 40's hell that 7yrs from now for me. I guess if your scared got to church eh? Any cause of death?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Glycomann

The word is he had kidney and heart damage. His heart was bad enough that he could not be placed on a heart recipient list. This came from a family member or close friends I can't recall which. You might be able to google search. Thre was an article on MD I think. Los. ts of stories out there that he was an extreme abuser. Chris Aceto in a radio show shared one experience where Chris thought he was pulling his leg about the amount he was using like it was almost impossible to take that much. Other rumors he used 10 grams of test a week at times. Regardless he was one of the all time greats and really enjoyable to hear and read his rants. A very intelligent guy. Very witty.

It is getting a little scarey with all the deaths in the upper levels of this sport. As we get older the life style starts to really drag on the body. You see a lot of the guys over 40 huffing and puffing in the gym. I think three is a lot of heart enlargement when there is extreme abuse over decades without a break. The funny thing is it reverses once off the drugs but if on long enough irreversible damage occurs. So we get caught in a catch 22 where in order to keep growing we want to stay on and keep blasting away all the while jeopardizing the heart and kidneys. But if we come off we lose 90% of it. Some guys seem to tolerate extreme abuse very well. Others run into problems. And there is no knowing which one you are up front. one of my previous training partners is on 4+ grams a week most of the year. He is 55 years old and healthy ass. a horse. Another guy I knew years ago did less than a gram a week for about a year and needed kidney dialysis. This was back in early 80s.

Last edited by Glycomann; 08-12-2013 at 07:49 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
willi
Banned

willi is just really nicewilli is just really nicewilli is just really nicewilli is just really nice
Very interesting Glyco. Sad what happened to Nasser.
willi is offline   Reply With Quote